Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree9Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #321
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Flossie used to love to play ball. We still have her favorite tennis ball in the toy box, but none of the other dogs have ever played with it. Anything round was a ball to her. A ball of yarn..... she pulled of some of the yarn and tied herself to a table. A tomato shape pincushion......... she chewed it up and we had to take her to be xrayed to see if she swallowed anything. An apple.......she would snitch them from under the neighbor's tree.
When we would take her walking, sometimes she would come home and when she got inside she would drop a golf ball from who knows where. She was so lively and fun.
I hope Watson gives you those funny, happy memories, Joyce. I still have books that she chewed the corners......precious!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #322
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

Today I went to a card making class, and found a new product for me that was the end all, be all. When you use two sided tape, and you slip and your image ends up sideways on the backmount. In the garbage it goes,- a waste of time and paper. Well, I was introduced to Un-do. You spray it on the back of the image where the tape is and wet it down. Then you can peel away the matte piece, and the image still has "sticky tape" on it to be used again. You let the matte piece dry, mount your image again and you are saved.
Of course, it is a US product so you probably already know all about it. But I was so excited to find it I had to let you know about it too.
Attached Thumbnails
sticky-tape-remover.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by normat View Post
Today I went to a card making class, and found a new product for me that was the end all, be all. When you use two sided tape, and you slip and your image ends up sideways on the backmount. In the garbage it goes,- a waste of time and paper. Well, I was introduced to Un-do. You spray it on the back of the image where the tape is and wet it down. Then you can peel away the matte piece, and the image still has "sticky tape" on it to be used again. You let the matte piece dry, mount your image again and you are saved.
Of course, it is a US product so you probably already know all about it. But I was so excited to find it I had to let you know about it too.
Norma, we have had Undu here for a long time, and you are right, it is a miracle. I used it to take the postmarked stamps off the envelopes to use on these moos, and it worked wonderfully. And it dries quickly and doesn't stink afterward. I am glad you found it. I used to buy it at Home Depot, and WalMart, and then they stopped selling it. I bought a couple bottles on the internet, and was thinking I would have to order more, but saw it in WalMart again recently. It is also good to take labels off jars to repurpose them. Lots of uses.
Attached Thumbnails
moos-3-2013.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #324
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

JCI, thanks for the product review! Love the moos, too!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #325
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

Rainy and yucky here in my little corner of the world. I cleaned out my fridges this morning & wiped them down - sparkle and shine again. Yay! (I hate that chore, so there is cause for celebrating when I get them tamed down again)

We came to a decision yesterday. There are now two things I need medication for if I am expected to participate. Dental visits and teaching my son to drive. Both are cause for panic attacks. While it's perfectly okay to have a "mother's little helper" pill for the dentist, that's not a good idea for the driving. So my sister and my hubby are taking the chore away from me. Maybe after the first 40 hours of required driving are under his belt I might be able to do it, but no the first. DH was a truck driving instructor for several years, so he has the nerves for it.....NOT ME! (However, let it known that DH never handled the poop, spit up or projectile vomiting - that was all me - with nerves of steel. He was the weenie then.)

Let me qualify this to by saying DS did well, it was not his bad driving that causes my meltdown.

Have any of you opted out of this chore, or am I the only Mom-fail in this department?

---------
Old 03-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #326
Mad Swapper

Send a message via ICQ to pamper1 Send a message via AIM to pamper1

I could not teach my sons to drive either, my Dad taught them. When my granddaughter got old enough I paid to let her go to drivers school and they taught her.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #327

I have two more sneak peaks in my gallery, if you want to check them out.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #328

Weather is nice here, but I have not felt like going out to enjoy it. I finally went to the doctor Friday and he says I have bronchitis and infected throat. He gave me some really strong cough syrup, and Friday night I took it and slept 11 hours. First sleep I had in nearly 3 weeks. Charlie and I have been sitting up on the couch all that time, and I would just nod off between coughs. The cough syrup didn't help last night, gave me nightmares. I had a house full of cats. Now I like cats, but in my dream I had hundreds. I don't like them that much. Hopefully we will sleep tonight. Himself says Charlie has really put him on the back burner since I have been sickly. He has not left my side. Precious little fellow.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #329

I hope you are feeling better soon, Sybil. Nothing worse than a bad chest cough. That must be some powerful cough medicine. Hope it helps you with all that sleep. Take care.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 AM   #330
Swapper of the Month - October 2013

Thanks for bringing up the Un-Do again! After you mentioned that initially Sybil, I did go look for it, nothing at the craft stores and at Home Depot they led me to the industrial strength goo remover section and looked at me crazy when I asked if they had anything less destructive! lol. I will look some more.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieStats View Post
Thanks for bringing up the Un-Do again! After you mentioned that initially Sybil, I did go look for it, nothing at the craft stores and at Home Depot they led me to the industrial strength goo remover section and looked at me crazy when I asked if they had anything less destructive! lol. I will look some more.
Well I understood that perfectly. Some of those chemicals will melt your fingers. I saw some at WalMart, so it may be coming back into popularity again soon. You might even try an office supply place. I haven't looked there but it makes sense that it would be a good product for offiices.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #332

Quote:
I hope you are feeling better soon, Sybil. Nothing worse than a bad chest cough. That must be some powerful cough medicine. Hope it helps you with all that sleep. Take care.
I do feel a little better today, thanks. I think it will just have to taper off in its own time. I did take some more of the cough syrup about 3:00 AM and went right to sleep. I am afraid of things like that, but it does serve its purpose. Hopefully I won't need it much longer.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #333
Kookie Creator

A few sneak peeks in my gallery!!!

my blog
myCTMH
Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #334
SCS Swap Moderator

Who's working on their silver cards? Remember to post a pick using the special keyword - you want to be eligible for the prize!

---------
Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #335
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

JCI, will try to check out the galleries at lunch.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #336
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy Mail Alert!

Pamper1 - your cards have arrived safely.

Edna, did you remember to post pics of your silver cards in the SilverPAT25 Gallery? You want to make sure you do that so we can vote on a winner. Thanks for swapping with us

---------
Old 03-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #337
SCS Swap Moderator

Okay....small public service announcement here.

I would like to remind everyone that it is very important that you check your postage when mailing your swap packages. Both for myself and any other hostess here on SCS, we want this to be a fun experience for everyone. Please have your packages weighed before you ship them. I have received 3 postage due packages recently and if it's happening to me, it's probably happening to other hostesses as well. It's not fun having to write PMs about stamps, because we don't want to seem naggy or petty, but if you get several in every swap, it might get a little expensive. Consider this a gentle reminder to be kind to your hostess and double check your postage before mailing. Thank you

---------
Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #338
Mad Swapper

Send a message via ICQ to pamper1 Send a message via AIM to pamper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
Happy Mail Alert!

Pamper1 - your cards have arrived safely.

Edna, did you remember to post pics of your silver cards in the SilverPAT25 Gallery? You want to make sure you do that so we can vote on a winner. Thanks for swapping with us
I do not know how to post pictures on the computer. I would love to do that. I am enjoying all the swaps I am doing.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #339
Swapper of the Month November 2012

I've posted my silver ATCs---very difficult to photograph all silver especially the shiny stuff and the holographic paper: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - parknslide - Handmade Cards & Crafts

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #340

Ok, so I looked. WOW! They are incredible as usual.
Himself and I went to Home Depot the other day and I found some of the shiny chrome tape. I thought, well, maybe........ because I had not joined the silver group and had no desire to be in a contest. But the silver tape was nice.......and I bought a roll.
Now that I have seen the silver ones that have been made..............nah. I am going to leave that to you gals that are so good at what you do. Too much of a stretch for me right now. And I don't enjoy competing. Y'all have at it and it will be interesting to see who takes the cake. or prize or whatever.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #341
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

My inchies arrived to Dena so I'm hoping my ATC's and moos made it to you or will soon!!!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #342
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by parknslide View Post
I've posted my silver ATCs---very difficult to photograph all silver especially the shiny stuff and the holographic paper: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - parknslide - Handmade Cards & Crafts

They are gorgeous! I love the embossed 25
Old 03-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #343
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieStats View Post
Undo was taken off the market for a while due to manufacturing issues... it is back on the market now but harder to find than it used to be... online options might be the best for those who want it. In reference to conversations above, do not let anyone sell you Goo Gone instead of Undo... Goo Gone has oil in it and will stain your paper. The good thing about Undo is that you can't tell it's been used... it's even safe to use on photographs - it will not damage them.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #344
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
Ok, so I looked. WOW! They are incredible as usual.
Himself and I went to Home Depot the other day and I found some of the shiny chrome tape. I thought, well, maybe........ because I had not joined the silver group and had no desire to be in a contest. But the silver tape was nice.......and I bought a roll.
Now that I have seen the silver ones that have been made..............nah. I am going to leave that to you gals that are so good at what you do. Too much of a stretch for me right now. And I don't enjoy competing. Y'all have at it and it will be interesting to see who takes the cake. or prize or whatever.
Aww... you're such an anchor in all the swaps... your submission will be missed!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmac View Post
Aww... you're such an anchor in all the swaps... your submission will be missed!
You are sweet to say that. I have already signed up for 4 spots so that will be enough for this swap. If I get those done, well, we will see.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #346

I am so disappointed. I am buying a new computer, so because I have dealt with Dell before, I decided to order through them. After a month of lost orders, held up processing and back and forth emails wanting every personal detail about me, which included copies of my drivers license, passport, citizenship,my last tax assessment notice, copies of my bills to verify address, I blew up and told them that was the last thing I would do over the Net and this had gone beyond amusing and it was the last straw. So I cancelled the order. They didn't even write to say they were sorry. Isn't that wonderful customer service for you.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:52 AM   #347
SCS Swap Moderator

Happy Mail Alert!

prairiejen - your package has arrived safely.

Jen - Your silver cards...hahahahaha! And the rest - I love everything in Group 11 - all wonderful! The butterfly card...Cookie Monster....New Orleans (love it!)...the fussy cutting of New York! You had fun with this round, didn't you? Great cards!

---------
Old 03-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #348

Quote:
I am so disappointed. I am buying a new computer, so because I have dealt with Dell before, I decided to order through them. After a month of lost orders, held up processing and back and forth emails wanting every personal detail about me, which included copies of my drivers license, passport, citizenship,my last tax assessment notice, copies of my bills to verify address, I blew up and told them that was the last thing I would do over the Net and this had gone beyond amusing and it was the last straw. So I cancelled the order. They didn't even write to say they were sorry. Isn't that wonderful customer service for you.
Norma, I am so sorry you had to go through that. We have Dell computers but we were able to buy them at Best Buy here, didn't have to go through all that. But you are right, never never should give that info over the net or ANYWHERE just to buy something. I think I would contact the main office of Dell and complain. Someone might be in there doing something they shouldn't.
I hope you get your computer issues fixed and get a good one soon.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #349
Kookie Creator

Hey everyone! I started a new swap, come check it out!

ATC's for Cards

my blog
myCTMH
Old 03-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #350

You know Sybil, I was thinking of writing a letter to head office. I don't think they can legally ask for that info, especially not online. Something sounded fishy to me, so I just cut the strings on the whole deal. Daughter is going to take me shopping and see what we can find out there, sometime next week perhaps.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #351

Do they have an 800 number that you can call? I think that needs to be reported in person or at least to a person on the phone. That should never have happened to youl.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #352

I did some online checking and it appears there are many, many complaints against Dell and one of them is for a lack of direct phone numbers to head office in Canada or the US. All calls are directed to India through a call center. That is why you don't get a fluent English speaking person. And there is a lack of customer service, so I may just have to hope that I got cancelled completely without any further mishap. Put it down to a learning experience.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #353

Either everyone was away this weekend, locked in their crafting rooms, or stuck in the snow. Where did everyone go? What a quiet group we are.
I made some furniture changes this weekend and plan to get rid of my kitchen table and put in a cupboard and eating bar. I need more kitchen space and we never use our table. My only mealtime visitors are my family and they gravitate to the living room buffet style. DH is ready to put his workshop together, so it's clear the garage of clutter. What's on your agenda?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:17 AM   #354
Swapper of the Month November 2012

More sneak peeks: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - parknslide - Handmade Cards & Crafts

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #355
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Either everyone was away this weekend, locked in their crafting rooms, or stuck in the snow. Where did everyone go? What a quiet group we are.
I made some furniture changes this weekend and plan to get rid of my kitchen table and put in a cupboard and eating bar. I need more kitchen space and we never use our table. My only mealtime visitors are my family and they gravitate to the living room buffet style. DH is ready to put his workshop together, so it's clear the garage of clutter. What's on your agenda?
Yup - that was me...locked in my crafty space. DH will be home sometime in the next few days, so I was trying to get ahead on some of my deadlines.

---------
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #356
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I was was away last weekend and "the dude" forbode me from bringing anything remotely craft related. Not even a needle and thread. I do feel refreshed and not so overwhelmed with work and schedules though. I can never stop crafting because I'd certainly lose my mind, but that was a much needed break from everything.

Today, I'm putting finishing touches on moo's, labels on inchies, catching up on Downton among other shows, and completely relishing this day of "voluntary time off."

I'm hoping we can get our garage organized this weekend and finally play around/build something. It's been so cold and damp here, and the garage has not been my favorite place to hang out

Loving those silver ATC's, Paulette!

Joyce, we are >here< with the not teaching driving thing. I've got a couple of years before we are there, but I can already tell that I'm going to have to find someone else to teach her. I freak out, she freaks out and it just all ends badly. From swimming to riding a bike, I definitely mom-failed. LOL.

I'm always tardy for the party, but I bring glitter and sprinkles for everyone!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #357
Swapper of the Month September 2012

DD turns 15 on the 17th so I'm entering the age of driving instruction. I'm thinking DH will give me most of the responsibility on this one. We live in the country so we'll have plenty of roads to try out before dealing with traffic.
I can't believe how expensive the classes are around here. . . UGH.
Joyce what are you paying down in KY?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #358
Kookie Creator

Good morning everyone! It is finally warming up in the Boston area... thankfully...I am SO done with winter!!

my blog
myCTMH
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #359
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

Hey everyone I'm in the good ole USofA
I planned a wee getaway with just myself for a night. Next thing I know my dh and youngest son decided to come then they bought so much we had to stay one more night.
I got some great deals at hobby lobby just little bits and pieces. Your stuff is still cheaper. Hope all are well.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #360

We didn't for craft shopping, but we got rid of all the furniture we wanted to and made those changes I spoke of earlier. But now I have to start clearing out my crafting space and the closet with stored boxes. The only thing I want stored in there is our Christmas stuff in their bins and any craft items that I can access easily. And I think I will have a lot to give away. We downsized a lot when we moved, but I still brought too much with me. Out, out! I say.
Closed Thread