Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #881
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Sounds like me, Joyce. Everything I have started is wonky and I redo and redo. I think it is because we are still thinking 2012 and it is 2013. I seem to be in a rut, and can't wait till I can really get into my craft/sewing room and go through stuff and get inspired again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #882
SCS Swap Moderator

That's me too Sybil. I need some serious chunks of time in my crafty space to get re-motivated and back in gear.

I made myself a dozen bottles of glimmer mist - that worked well. I'm trying to use or try my things in new and different ways (for me). That is my resolution for January. If it works, I'll carry it over to February and see how much further I can be crafty.

Guess who went puppy looking today?

I am hoping that this little fellow will soon be coming to live with me. Keep your fingers crossed.

Adopt a Pet :: Gismo - Lancaster, KY - Pekingese/Dachshund Mix

---------
Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #883

HE IS PRECIOUS! With a smooshed peke face and a long doxie nose, what could be up with that? Well he is in between. SO CUTE.

My neighbor has a doxie/yorkie mix, and they call her a dorkie. She is about to have puppies, not sure who the daddy is. But there is a little bitty yorkie next door that may be the guilty party.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #884
SCS Swap Moderator

There were 4 of these at the pound, and I had a hard time deciding between them. Sister was pushing REALLY hard for me to bring home 2 of them. This one won my heart because of his eyes. He was the one who looked at me and really looked AT ME before he went to sleep in my arms. I think he's going to be a good dog.

The fellow who needed to approve my paperwork wasn't in the building, so I'm waiting on them to call me. I hope tomorrow, but probably Monday.

---------
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #885

That is a good sign when they look at you and look AT you. That is what made me bring Charlie home. He looked into my soul. And held his paws out to me. Now he is beside me or in my lap or sleeping with me all the time. When they really connect with you, it is wonderful. Do you have doggie stuff or will you have to take out a loan so you can go to PetSmart? Do you have a PetSmart there? Ours knows Charlie by name. We go in the door and hear "Hi, Charlie!"
I am excited for you.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #886
SCS Swap Moderator

I brought home puppy pads, a new collar and a new leash today. DH got me a doggie dish (for a small dog) for Christmas so I would have something to unwrap. So some puppy food, some training treats and some new toys are next on the to-get list.

We have PetSmart and Pet Supermarket here. I usually go to the Supermarket because they have the best food for my Lab who has allergies. Since I put her on the special food, no more ear problems. Yay! They are pretty similar, but PetSmart has more toys.

---------
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #887
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
I brought home puppy pads, a new collar and a new leash today. DH got me a doggie dish (for a small dog) for Christmas so I would have something to unwrap. So some puppy food, some training treats and some new toys are next on the to-get list.

We have PetSmart and Pet Supermarket here. I usually go to the Supermarket because they have the best food for my Lab who has allergies. Since I put her on the special food, no more ear problems. Yay! They are pretty similar, but PetSmart has more toys.
He is adorable,good luck.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #888
SCS Swap Moderator

Good afternoon chickies

I'm doing my domestic chores around here today (on the swap threads). If you haven't checked in lately, please post a hello so I know you survived the holidays. For those of you that didn't see the earlier post, I did extend the deadline until the end of the month. I know that will help a few of us that needed the extra creative time.

Let me know you're out there.....

---------
Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #889
Swapper of the Month - May 2013

I have actually got five of my 12 done. May add a few extras to them but they are on the "oh thank goodness, I came through those, list". Makes you feel good that you have accomplished something. I think the new date unleashed the door to creativity.
Yay.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #890
SCS Swap Moderator

Maybe that and you finally being alone with your own thoughts as well? I know it's working here for me. I have peace & quiet this evening, and I've actually got a set of cards done that I really like - Woohoo!

---------
Old 01-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #891

True enough Joyce. Although my guests stayed longer than we all anticipated, they weren't a bother at all and I enjoyed my sisters company. BUT having your space to yourself again feels good too. Even Sis said she was in heaven being in her own home again. And the frozen pipes in her house have unplugged, so she is relaxing too. We are having cold nights here, but still no snow down here in the lower mainland.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #892
Stampin' Fool

I'm alive and well - happy belated holidays everyone! Gosh, it seems like time goes faster and faster every year... what happened with the pup pup, Joyce? Did you get him? Hope so - what a cutie!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #893
SCS Swap Moderator

I don't know yet. The fellow that does adoption approvals wasn't in Friday, and so they told me it would probably be Monday before I heard anything. I'm just hoping they don't have another adoption request for him - keep your fingers crossed.

---------
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #894

My fingers are crossed.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #895
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Evening everyone, just finished my sixth ATC, it's a shaped ATC and DS had a bloody nose I turn around to go help him and it slipped into my paper storage box... with wet diamond glaze on it thankfully found the little dear.... onto to research some ideas for moving parts.

Joyce, Gismo is adorable. Hope everything goes as planned.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #896
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

Nothing new to report today...I'm waiting for my phone to ring.

And waiting.....

Still waiting.....

---------
Old 01-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #897

It is exciting waiting on a new baby. Only without the labor pains, right Joyce?
We are taking all 3 of ours to the vet today. Rosie for a yearly checkup, Charlie to get his ears checked, and Ruby along for the ride. Himself will not leave her in the house by herself. Charlie will let me wipe his ears out, and lets the groomer trim, NOT PLUCK the hair in his ears. Groomer said "Let the vet be the bad guy." He is so laid back and sweet now, but last time at the groomer they had to muzzle him. We'll see how much better he is now.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #898
SCS Swap Moderator

I did not get Gizmo

I checked their Facebook page this morning & saw where Gizmo was adopted yesterday. So I called the shelter and told them I was still interested in one of the others. They told me my application was approved and to come on in (the fellow I was supposed to deal with was out, that's why I hadn't received a call) So I hopped in the car and now I have this...

I think I'm calling him Biscuit. Or maybe Howler - we have already established he doesn't like doggie jail. It was the only way I could get a moment to put the pics on the computer and let you know.

He is adorable - I'm so smitten
Attached Thumbnails
100_3132.jpg   100_3136.jpg  

---------
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #899

Well he is just adorable! It may be that this is a better match than Giz would have been. He looks sooooo sweet with those eyes. Being Pekingese and Dachshund, would that make him a Poxie? Or a Deeky? We saw some half pekes and half yorkies this weekend and they call them Porkys. So funny how they turn out when they are mixed like that. I noticed the other day that they have DNA testing kits at PetSmart where you can find out what breeds are in your dog.
We took all three of ours to the vet today. Everyone is fine. Charlie had to be muzzled for his ear hair plucking but when he went back for the flushing out he did really well.
Rosie got all her shots and her yearly checkup. Except for needing her teeth cleaned and her arthritis, he said she is fine. When we got home, Himself opened the car door and Rosie just leaped out. Since she can't see well, she hit the cement garage floor on her belly and it knocked the wind out of her. He got her up and worked with her and she started breathing again. I said "wouldn't you know it, we spend all that money getting her ready for another year and she nearly kills herself before we get her in the house." Himself glared at me. I checked her over and she isn't hurt, but it took her a while to get breathing again and she panted for awhile. But everybody is fine now and we are good for a while.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #900
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Congrats on the new furbaby! He'll have a good home.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I've turned myself around.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #901
SCS Swap Moderator

He's napping in my lap now. He & Kisses played very well together and now he's tired. At one point he was chewing on her tail and she was just grinning. I think she will be fine with the new addition. The cat just sniffed and walked away.

---------
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #902

Such a pretty pup, Joyce. I love his colouring. Enjoy your new baby.
And Sybil, I got a giggle out of your situation with Rosie, although I hope she didn't hurt herself. Isn't it the way, when you expect that all is well, and then they do something that skips your heart. I can just imagine the look you got from himself after spending what must seem a fortune in pet care. Our Charlie had to have hip surgery and while recuperating, appeared to do the same thing to her other hip. Dtr. had a fit after spending $2000. But she was okay. She is prone to hip displacement. The vet said to make sure she doesn't run. Ha. Does ice cream melt in the summer sun? Sure, Doc.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #903
SCS Swap Moderator

Google calls them a Pekehund.

---------
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #904

Pekehund. OK. Whatever he is he is a little doll. Sometimes I think I would like a little puppy.
Norma, I know what you mean about expenses. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law spent thousands having surgery and all sorts of things on their black Lab. She had cancer, and they seemingly had it cured. About two months after they got her home with a clean bill of health, she came over to my brother in law and let him pet her, and laid down by the fireplace. When they went to take her outside, she had died. The vet said it was a heart attack. SO sad. But they have another one now, one that made its way to their house. He was put out on their country dirt road by someone, starving and injured and one of his eyes was terrible. They took him to the vet, got him all fixed up, well all except his eye, and he is a wonderful pet for them now. His name is Jack. Get it? One eyed Jack? Guess who named him (hee hee hee),
Old 01-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #905
Forum Fanatic

Congrats on the new addition Joyce! He is just adorable! My internet came back quicker than expected. Hopefully it doesn't go out again.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #906
Polyshrink Goddess

Congratulations on the new addition, Joyce! He is adorable!! I've been having puppy fever like crazy. Going through our dog's puppy pictures probably wasn't the best idea.

I've really been thinking about the DNA testing for Jordin. She's such a character and we really have no idea what she is. The shelter I adopted her from called her a lab mix, as does the vet, but I don't think this chick is any part lab. She and Batman have night and day personalities and her body doesn't really have any lab features. I may have to spring for that test, if for no other reason than to make sure I get something like her again. She's a sweetheart. Her only problem is nails. She goes completely nuts and thus stresses herself, me, and the techs out when it's nail clipping time. For that reason, she has to be sedated and a $20 nail job turns into a $100 one. She's been like that forever and no amount of encouragement, wooing, treats, bear hugging, etc., will calm her. I'm about to make her an appointment right now, and I hate to do it because of the sedation, but she can't keep walking around with Freddy Kruger nails and losing her mind at the groomers. Yikes.

Thanks for the extra time, Joyce. I had a good run in the beginning and went ahead and knocked out three groups, then I hit the creative wall. It's coming back slowly and I'm hoping to lock myself in my craft room this weekend and get a lot done. Even if it's just brainstorming, I've got to get my creativity back! For some reason, I keep thinking about Christmas crafts for this year. How in the world am I still thinking about Christmas?! Le sigh.

I'm always tardy for the party, but I bring glitter and sprinkles for everyone!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #907
SCS Swap Moderator

I am cooking up a swap idea for getting our Muses into gear. Once I get a couple of swap pieces complete I'll be posting a new swap. I think we all might need a little creative nudge.

---------
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #908

Did you make it through the night without the puppy crying and keeping you awake?
Did you decide on a name yet?
I need a prod creatively for sure. Looking forward with excitement to see what challenges you come up with for us.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #909
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SybilMcC View Post
Did you make it through the night without the puppy crying and keeping you awake?
Did you decide on a name yet?
I need a prod creatively for sure. Looking forward with excitement to see what challenges you come up with for us.

No. We are crate training, and we were up to potty three times during the night. Fortunately, he went back to sleep after each trip, so I felt like it was a good first night.

I have made a list -

Sherlock
Munchkin
Smudge
Einstein
Edison
Gabriel
Goblin
Picasso
Blake
Chauser
Peanut

I think you will like the new swap idea I am starting to formulate. It should help us when we get stuck.

---------
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #910
Forum Fanatic

I like Munchkin and Peanut, they seem to fit him from his pic. Looking forward to hearing about this new swap.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #911

We have always used people-type names for our critters. You have some really cute, creative ones there. It will be an adventure to see who he turns out to be.
We had a neighbor whose son and wife kept foster dogs for the shelter until they were adopted. They ended up keeping one that was a Rotweiler. Nobody wanted him because he was blind. But he was a great dog, and they named him Stevie, for Stevie Wonder. They said it was because he was big and black and blind and beautiful. I thought that was so cute.
Sometimes the name just comes because it fits. Charlie got his name because he was so pitiful when we got him, and everything I did for him that he didn't like he would fuss and growl and I would say "Sorry, Charlie" like the tuna commercial. Himself finally said "are we going to name him Charlie?" and I said "Why not. It is a good as anything else I have come up with." Now he knows his name is Charlie and will come when we call him.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #912
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

By popular vote within the family, his name is Watson.

Now when he learns a new trick I can say "Elementary, my dear Watson!"

---------
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #913
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaraul View Post
Good morning

By popular vote within the family, his name is Watson.

Now when he learns a new trick I can say "Elementary, my dear Watson!"
It is good he has a name before he had an identity crisis
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #914

Watson! I love it that he has a people name. He is such a cutie. Snuggle him a little for me, Joyce!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #915
SCS Swap Moderator

We just walked around the house and up to the pergola & back on the leash. The a little name training with treats. Cuddles are next on the to-do list.

I almost got a set of recipe cards done while he was napping earlier. I'm certainly going to be doing things in "chunks" for a while.

---------
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #916

Love the name Watson. It's a name with clout.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #917
SCS Swap Moderator

I'm actually having a little trouble with it...

It comes out Wilson occasionally - maybe that's his alter ego's name. My sister thinks it's funny, and thinks I should change his name.

I'm not, but I am working really hard to not confuse the little guy.

---------
Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #918

Good morning all. We had a smattering of snow overnight, laying on the grass. Not enough to get out my new boots from their box. We are on the edge of "we will or we won't" get a downfall. It's very mild out there though, so here's hoping it stays skyward. I'm working on my cards and am down to the last of them. I'm stuck on a few but I'm sure something will surface, as it always does. How goes it with you?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #919

I am frustrated. That's how I am.
This is the time of year when I get all my parts checked out, you know, eyes, mammo, girly parts etc.
Mammo was Tuesday, got a call to make an appointment to come back because there is a change, need to have one side redone, come next Tuesday.
Girly doctor today, 9:30. Got there at 9:20, signed in, did ID and ins cards, sat down. At 15 minutes to 11, I asked how much longer. They said, what is your name and who are you seeing? Oh Ok I'll check.
5 minutes later they called me back, asked why I was there. I said yearly checkup.
She asked when I had my last PAP and I said You should have that in your records.
"It is all in the computer, and the computer is down. If we go ahead and do it and you had one last year, your insurance won't pay and you will be billed about $1,000. Do you want to wait until the system is up or reschedule, which we can't do because the computers are down. You can wait a while and see if we can get back in the system."
I said, "I have been here an hour and a half, and you could have told me that when I got here. I have been here long enough."
I left. I don't know what will happen, my daughter-in-law is the practice manager, so it is an uncomfortable thing for me. Gotta go check my BLOOD PRESSURE!
Computers!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #920
SCS Swap Moderator

Good morning

All quiet here. Some rain - the drizzly kind. Watson is sleeping right now so I'm debating on doing some chores, taking a shower or getting some stamping done. It's just like having a new baby in the house. VBG

---------
Closed Thread