Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-09-2004, 07:18 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's happening to my artwork?

Can somebody tell me why my artwork keeps disappearing. This has just started to happen. I thought maybe it had something to do with what I named the upload, so I changed the name but it still got tossed. Help me if you can. Ann
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2004, 07:54 PM   #2  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did it EVER show up on today's additiosns? I went to your gallery and it shows the last dat uploaded was Oct 2, is that right or should there be new ones?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2004, 08:54 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Rebuh! I checked out your gallery, and have an answer! Before you upload, you need to change the name of the file on your computer. The name you give it that shows up under the picture doesn't really matter. You need to make sure that your file name is unique, and not file000.jpg. We have a bunch of those, and if they match yours in specs. . . the most recent will be removed.

Here is a cut & paste from a previous post. If you have any questions, just send me a pm, or post here.

1. Give your FILE a unique name BEFORE YOU UPLOAD IT. When you scan or take a picture of your creation, change the file name on your computer to something unique rather than a number like 1.jpg, or scan001.jpg. When files have the same generic name as others (which is the case a LOT lately), they will get removed when we scan for duplicate posts. So. . .try something like your username_petalprints1.jpg and yours won't get deleted!

2. Please CROP your picture to showcase your creation! I've re-done several uploads to focus on the card rather than the white backdrop you get when you scan. It takes a little bit of time, but the end result is that it's easier for people to appreciate the work you've done!

3. Only upload JPG FILES. Anything else will jam up your upload queue, and Daven will have to go in and fix it while you wait.

4. Watch your FILE SIZE. Max size for the gallery is 640x480 pixels, but the gallery software will take care of that for you if you are unsure about reducing yourself. Mainly what you get through doing it yourself is shorter upload time (because the files are smaller when reduced). By tweaking the images yourself you also have to opportunity to do any color correction, cropping etc. that you want.

5. When you upload your creation, PUT THE FILE IN A SPECIFIC GALLERY. Anything you upload will automatically be loaded into your Member Gallery. We have galleries by set, by technique, by type of creation (anything but a card, scrapbooking, events, stampin' spaces, etc). . . and if there is not a gallery that fits, leave it in your member gallery. We'll move it if we see a place for it.

6. Fill out the Stamps, Ink, Paper, Technique, Accessories Fields! The more complete your information the easier it is for others to find your work.

WHEW! If you'd like to read more on how you can make the gallery experience better, read this article Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for your help with getting the uploads approved and in the gallery faster!

Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes