Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rsvp pens enabler alert!!

Not sure if you all know, but Office Max has the rsvp pens I think it is a 5 pack for $1.00...our stores only seem to have the black, not even a spot for blue but at this price I'll survive with black
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Thank you so much! I'll check OM here. I'm making some post it note holders and calendars for Christmas and this price will be great for matching pens. May God bless, Sandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Default rsvp pens

hate to tell you, but I am in Buffalo NY and our local grocery store Tops has all their school supplies 75% off...so I got 5 packs for $.80....stocked up, but am trying to resist hitting all the stores...someone stop me please. I am up to 200 pens and think I need more
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the heads up- I am in a craft fair in Nov and plan on making beaded pens!!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Default rsvp pens

I am doing several this year and was wondering how much you charge for them? I have never made just the pens before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftsrlbView Post
hate to tell you, but I am in Buffalo NY and our local grocery store Tops has all their school supplies 75% off...so I got 5 packs for $.80....stocked up, but am trying to resist hitting all the stores...someone stop me please. I am up to 200 pens and think I need more
Oh my gosh! What do you do with all your pens? Sorry if this is a dumb question - I am new. Do you bead them and sell them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:39 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Default rsvp pens

yes you bead them or fill them with pattern paper to either sell on their own or add to the acrylic frames etc.. I will post a picture today if I can of the pens I did
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I love RSVP pens. I love them. Pentel RSVP pens. Yes I love them. I have over 1000 pens (don't ask) and 2000 pencils (don't ask again). Never thought for one minute about decorating these pens. It's obvious I can't use them all. What a great idea you just gave me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

oh no thank you..I'll have to show my friend your post because she was making fun of me for having 600 pens..you win!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmamichelfView Post
I love RSVP pens. I love them. Pentel RSVP pens. Yes I love them. I have over 1000 pens (don't ask) and 2000 pencils (don't ask again). Never thought for one minute about decorating these pens. It's obvious I can't use them all. What a great idea you just gave me!
Holy Cow Grandma!! Okay - I won't ask - but it is killing me not knowing how you acquired that many pens and pencils and what in the world you are going to do with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

yes you bead them or fill them with pattern paper to either sell on their own or add to the acrylic frames etc.. I will post a picture today if I can of the pens I did
Oh thank you! I can't wait to see them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Default rsvp beaded pens

I posted a picture in my gallery of just some of the pens I have done for the craft fair I am doing. Word of caution though. I started out using red sticky tape the wide one with micro beads from michaels...they all fell apart..not sure why. I tried all different things and nothing worked..I did use terifficly tacky tape with stampin up beads and they are fine. Some of the first batch that could be saved, I poured crystal effects all over them to seal in the beads..lets hope it works. I just couldnt stop making them. They are soo pretty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

You did a great job....now only if I could find some RSVP pens! I have checked 3 places in the last 2 day... now to make a trip to office max... I want to make some more of these... they are fun and easy~ make great gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmamichelfView Post
oh you are too funnny.... now you have alot of work ahead of you to get these pens blingified.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I posted a picture in my gallery of just some of the pens I have done for the craft fair I am doing. Word of caution though. I started out using red sticky tape the wide one with micro beads from michaels...they all fell apart..not sure why. I tried all different things and nothing worked..I did use terifficly tacky tape with stampin up beads and they are fine. Some of the first batch that could be saved, I poured crystal effects all over them to seal in the beads..lets hope it works. I just couldnt stop making them. They are soo pretty
I made some of these last weekend.... I read a tip that after you put the red sticky tape on.... heat it briefly with your embossing gun just to get it hot... then roll it in the beads.... my beads stuck real good with this tip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I heat set it after I put on the beads, then roll it back and forth inbetween the palms of my hands.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Pretty, pretty!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Default rsvp pens

I have tried heating it, changing tape, changing beads and nothing worked. The 2 I made last year are still great, but i had nothing but problems this time, but they will not win.
I got alot of mine at Staples, our local grocery store had them on clearance and office max. Walmart had them too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2009, 04:52 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
Holy Cow Grandma!! Okay - I won't ask - but it is killing me not knowing how you acquired that many pens and pencils and what in the world you are going to do with them.
Ok, see it all started with the pens. I used to collect Bic stick pens. They'd come out with really pretty designs and I just needed to have all the different designs. Yes, I needed them (not...lol). Then I found Pentel's RSVP pens! So I bought a bunch of those because they write really well and I love the medium points (I despise fine tip pens). Well, then I discovered I could get more if I bought them at Office Depot in big boxes. So I did. My husband was "What? You only have two hands and you don't write with one of them!" Never mind what my children were saying. Then I discovered Uniball pens. So I started buy a lot of those and they came out with a new design and I just HAD to have that. But now I'm back to the RSVP pens. Ok, I don't think I have 1000. I looked around last night and I'm thinking I've have closer to 1250.

The pencils? The people at work laugh every single time I bring in a new pack of pencils. But they make them with such neat designs: animals, flowers, love, autumn, winter, spring, bugs, etc. I've toned down on buying the pens, but pencils? Wooboy! I picked up another harvest pack at Hobby Lobby last night because they were 24 for a dollar and I didn't have those designs. Now I have about 2024.:mrgreen:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

wow! thanks for sharing. but will all those pens still write after a while? mine always dry up if i dont use them within at least a year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

wow! thanks for sharing. but will all those pens still write after a while? mine always dry up if i dont use them within at least a year.
Well, yeah. They all still write. The BIC pens dry up faster than anything, but I don't have many of those yet. But I'm a little amazed that the RSVP pens are still writing. I always use the oldest pack when I run out of ink in one pen. I know I'm a little strange. It's okay. My family thinks I am too.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

oh pleaseeeeeeeee! you are no stranger than me sister..... i just buy and buy scrapbooking supplies and paper and stamps and embellishments and just plan and plan on what i'm going to do.......... then it never gets made. (woe is me). i just have so many interests and ideas and i have to get some motivation to get busy and make something. if those pens and pencils make you happy and you aren't hurting anyone - then so what, right?
p.s. i have a tendency to buy in bulk also if i find something i like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

oh pleaseeeeeeeee! you are no stranger than me sister..... i just buy and buy scrapbooking supplies and paper and stamps and embellishments and just plan and plan on what i'm going to do.......... then it never gets made. (woe is me). i just have so many interests and ideas and i have to get some motivation to get busy and make something. if those pens and pencils make you happy and you aren't hurting anyone - then so what, right?
p.s. i have a tendency to buy in bulk also if i find something i like.
I agree with you....and it sounds like me too!!! LOL :-D

Gail

www.gailscraftcorner.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Default looking for rsvp pens/alternative

Does anyone know if the RSVP pens are still on sale at Office Max?? I'm looking for them for a craft fair and they seem so expensive. Has anyone found any alternative to the RSVPs. I'm interested in putting decorative paper inside of them. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #25  
Crimping Master

i dont think they are on sale anymore...office depot has their own brand of pen that you can roll the paper inside, they are reasonably priced too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for your response. I will check for store brand pens. I had a feeling that I had missed the sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincistamperView Post
Does anyone know if the RSVP pens are still on sale at Office Max?? I'm looking for them for a craft fair and they seem so expensive. Has anyone found any alternative to the RSVPs. I'm interested in putting decorative paper inside of them. Thanks!!
I was just at Office Max yesterday and they are definitely NOT on sale any longer. I did get some Z.Grip pens by Zebra the other day. They were on sale $2 for a 7 pack at Staples last week, not sure if they still are. I wrapped a piece of paper in them just fine. I have attached a photo for you.
Attached Thumbnails
rsvp pens enabler alert!!-img_4305.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 04:22 AM   #28  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could some one explain how to roll the dp to put inside the pens? It keeps floding and coming out crooked for me It looks bad when I finally manage to get it into the pen. there must be a trick. thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 AM   #29  
Crimping Master

i take out the ink part of the pen and roll the paper really tightly around that, remove it, and roll up the paper realy tight then slip it in..make sure you are not using to much paper, just enough to make it go around with a little overlap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #30  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, i might be using too much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

So can someone lead me to some directions as to how to accomplish these beaded pens? I just might be hooked. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #32  
Glitter Guru

There is a tutorial in the resources section of SCS. Also, for anyone interested...I have a pen swap due in Nov. Please go check it out. I need more swappers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #33  
Glitter Guru

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes