Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-f13/)
-   -   Art supplies for children of Sandy Hook (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-f13/art-supplies-children-sandy-hook-t565942.html)

quirkynberkeley 12-16-2012 09:35 AM

Art supplies for children of Sandy Hook

I just ran across this blogs site that is collecting supplies for art therapy for the children of Sandy Hook. Thought you might want to know about it damask love | craft is in session

dfmorgan 12-16-2012 10:57 AM

Thank you, "Quirky," for putting this up for us to see. Just emailed her with a list of things I hope she can use. I'm so glad we might be able to help some of those kids in this way.

calgramma 12-16-2012 11:41 AM

Thank you for this.....I just emailed Amber and posted this to my blog and FB page.

calgramma 12-16-2012 01:04 PM

This needs to stay in the forefront....please go to Amber's site and do what you can to help!

dini 12-16-2012 02:26 PM

Just emailed her too - even from 'over here' this is something I can do to help.

quirkynberkeley 12-16-2012 02:26 PM

I knew this community would come through and show its support and generosity.

thecraftysister 12-16-2012 07:12 PM

I just came across her blog tonight, and was wondering if this had been shared here yet... bumping it up for more to see...

quirkynberkeley 12-16-2012 07:31 PM

Thanks for the bump, Laura!

calgramma 12-17-2012 06:40 AM

Let's try to keep this at the top.

quirkynberkeley 12-17-2012 08:33 AM

bumping up for Monday morning

Dbacmc 12-17-2012 02:09 PM

Thanks so much for sharing this.... I have shared this with some other crafting groups that I am involved with. It is a great way to help in a small way to help them all get through this terrible time and to know that we care.

quirkynberkeley 12-17-2012 02:12 PM

Thanks for passing it along. I think it is a wonderful idea!

gosh2fly 12-17-2012 02:23 PM

I made a donation via Paypal. Wanted to help out anyway I can

quirkynberkeley 12-17-2012 02:35 PM

That's what I did, too, Janet. I'm trying to figure out some cards to make and send, too.

calgramma 12-17-2012 04:22 PM

My box is going out tomorrow.

quirkynberkeley 12-17-2012 04:32 PM

Jeri, that is so cool of you!

dini 12-18-2012 04:04 AM

Dick Blick had free shipping yesterday - perfect timing. :)

quirkynberkeley 12-18-2012 06:44 AM

Most excellent, Dina!

TeeGeeDee 12-18-2012 12:08 PM

I just posted a link on Facebook so some of my non-crafty friends can see it (and some crafty friends too ... but they'll probably find it here).

dini 12-18-2012 01:16 PM

She posted an update today:

damask love | craft is in session

TeeGeeDee 12-19-2012 07:41 PM

BTT ... I rummaged in my craft space earlier today and gathered things to donate. I hope to get the supplies sorted, packaged and mailed tomorrow.

quirkynberkeley 12-20-2012 06:59 AM

WTG, TeeGeeDee! Thank you!

Scraperwannabe 12-20-2012 09:49 AM

And if anyone needs ribbon for themselves now is a great time since there are a couple of places donating 10% or yard for yard to help out too!

damask love | craft is in session

TeeGeeDee 12-20-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quirkynberkeley (Post 19895482)
WTG, TeeGeeDee! Thank you!

I stuffed a medium flat-rate box (luckiliy I found a square one at a local PO earlier in the season) today. I don't remember exactly what I put in the box but there are a few little bags with punch-outs of butterflies, dragonflies and geometric shapes/scallop circles, dark blue glitter glue (cheap-o Stickles), a package of white cardstock (from Michael's but I figure it would be easier the little ones to punch or cut), some pink cs (SU) that was already cut into large squares, various patterned paper/cs (Bo Bunny days/dotted Brights and ... DCWV?), buttons in several colors (from the $1-$1.50 bin at Michael's). I think I put in some adhesive runners from the Dollar Tree too. Oh, and I included some wood-mounted stamps (a dolphin, a baseball, a toy bunny and ...?)

The hardest part will be finding time to mail it before next week (I work in retail so the days/hours leading up to any holiday are crazy!)

I will post when it's been sent.

Tina aka TeeGeeDee

Lorri.V. 12-29-2012 07:55 PM

I get an error when trying to access this site.

Lorri

dini 12-29-2012 09:55 PM

She mentioned that her site had switched servers and they're having some problems. Here are excerpts from the update posted yesterday:

Drawn Together is still going strong. There were a few behind the scenes problems with the new server for Damask Love, and you may have had some difficulty accessing the blog for details on this project....

For the last few days, Iíve been working hard unpacking shipments and making contacts in Newtown, Connecticut. Here are a few of the most recent developments!

To date, Drawn Together has raised $5,508.00 dollar donations! How amazing is that?!! These dollars will go toward the purchase of supplies as well as the assembly and delivery of our Drawn Together art kits.

I am extending the deadline for dollar donations to January 1, 2013, to make up for a few lost days when the blog was down. Spread the word and direct others to this post where they can make a direct donation to this cause.

I have purchased my ticket to travel to Newtown, Connecticut! I will be visiting the community on the weekend of January 4, 2013. Iíll be sharing photos and updates of this experience via the Damask Love social media channels, so that you can all see you donations in action.

Drawn Together will host Stories Worth Sharing at the C.H. Booth Library located in Sandy Hook. During this time, I will be joined by local art therapist, Mary Hamilton to read stories to the children and do an art activity! At the end of the event, each child will depart with a Drawn Together tote filled with fun supplies to keep their creativity going.

As I have mentioned in previous updates, I am planning to extend the Drawn Together efforts throughout 2013. We will be sending several shipments of supplies to the community of Newtown throughout the year, to remind them that they are continually in our thoughts and that this tragedy has not been forgotten.

TeeGeeDee 12-30-2012 06:37 PM

I was (finally) able to get my package mailed (it was sent yesterday but I just had a chance to post the update now.)