Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Micheal's Recollections / The Paper Co. Cardstock closeout enabler alert

Hi all,
I hope I am posting this right. If you are like me and just starting out and can't afford expensive cardstock or not a SU demo person. Then you will like this deal.

They have clearanced a lot of the packets of Recollections and The Paper Company cardstock. I know many like 80 lb. but the 65 lb. is what I use for myself and at this price I it's great. I have gotten great results w/ embossing and stamping.

Packets are as follows w/ upc# and prices:

5.5 in. x 7.5 in. 65 lb. 100 sheets: All reg. $7.49 now $1.99 each

Recollections - Neutral colors upc #400100624050
Recollections - Cape Cod colors upc #400100624111
The Paper Co.- Pastel Fashion colors upc # 018852700320
The Paper Co. - Heritage Color sheets upc #018852700351 - 80 sheets

4.5 in. x 6.5 in. 65 lb. 100 sheets: All reg. $5.99 now .99 each

Recollections - Neutral Colors upc #400100624043
Recollections - Cape Cod colors upc #400100624104
Recollections - Spice Market Colors(so autumn looking) upc #400100624029
The Paper Co.- Seaside Fashion Colors upc #018852700610
The Paper Co.- Pastel Fashion Colors upc #018852700382
The Paper Co. - Heritage Fashion Colors upc #018852700412 - 80 sheets

I stocked up a couple packs of each for myself. Will be beautiful colors for the spring/summer and the neutrals/spice/heritage are great Autumn colors. Go to the back of the store where they keep all their craft clearance stuff.

I hope this helps someone.

JOY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Thanks for the heads up. . . I may want to take a visit to Michael's tomorrow.
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 602 Likes on 422 Posts

I may be making a trip to Michaels tomorrow
Pearl-ExPert

Just want to post a heads up about this paper:

If you use any sort of liquid glue, like Mono or glue stick, beware. I made up quite a few cards using this paper. A month or so later, I went to pull a card from the my stash, and the paper color had faded everywhere the glue had been used! It didn't happen with every color of paper, but it happened with more than one. It was a great disappointment, and I've learned to stick with SU, Bazzil, etc. quality papers. Sometimes, you get what you pay for, and it ain't no bargain.
Inking Addict

Lightbulb BTW YMMV.. in case your Michael's didn't discontinue it..

First of all, Phunkymama, thank you for your input.

I think most people enjoy knowing the pros and cons about any product. As I did state in my OP, for someone on a budget just starting out, it's a deal for them. It was for me. I make my cards as I need them, usually week or so ahead of time.(sometimes same day :-) ).
I have been using Recollections/The paper company cardstock for over a year now. Mind you I was out of the stamping scene for several months between but still worked on my scrap booking along the way. It was some of my first cardstock that I purchased. I started them over six years ago. I actually have several cards that I made for my husband that I checked after I read your comment and don't see any fading(doesn't mean it couldn't happen). I use anything from Avery glue sticks, glue dots, 3M Scotch double sided tape; etc. For my scrap booking I have even used even Elmer's glue for a couple pages when I first started that several years ago. I used photo mounting corners attached w/ glue sticks as well as creating my own corners out of the cardstock. I am glad I haven't had a bad experience as you mentioned. That would be a shame. If I notice it in future I will post it on this thread. I don't ever mind correcting myself.

I will be on the look out for it in the future since your brought it to our attention. In the meantime, I can't afford the SU paper but I do have a wonderful lady on here that is a SU demo that is helping me to start stockpiling some ink pads and such. "Thank you Andrea". Maybe one day I can afford the SU paper. I have used it for my Christmas cards from a local demo crop/scrap meeting last month. I already have all my Christmas cards ready to assemble address and mail. Using all SU cardstock and ink(which I did enjoy so much). But again, It takes time to acquire products. Some of us have to start at the bottom and work our way up to the 'good stuff'.

Thanks for your input. As I stated, we always need to know the pros and cons of a product. How else are we to learn. I just wanted to share something I found with others out there is all.

Have a Blessed day,

JOY

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkymamaView Post
Just want to post a heads up about this paper:

If you use any sort of liquid glue, like Mono or glue stick, beware. I made up quite a few cards using this paper. A month or so later, I went to pull a card from the my stash, and the paper color had faded everywhere the glue had been used! It didn't happen with every color of paper, but it happened with more than one. It was a great disappointment, and I've learned to stick with SU, Bazzil, etc. quality papers. Sometimes, you get what you pay for, and it ain't no bargain.
Inking Addict

Oops..don't know how to edit..sorry..but saw I posted above that I had been using cardstock for over a year now, but meant to say several years now for scrapbooking. Over a year for stamping purposes though. Thanks!

OIC It won't allow me to edit if I quote someone. Only if it's my orginal post only. Well I can understand that. That way you can't mess w/ anyone else posts. Gotcha!

Last edited by Joy4lly; 11-16-2009 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: added to previous post
Swapper of the Month September 2012

I like that you both weighed in on your ideas. I unfortunately didn't find any at the Micheal's in Wausau, WI anyway.
Inking Addict

Thanks for the heads up but unfortunately my Michaels didn't have it on clearance. :(

And I've used this paper with success. No troubles on my end.
Insane Embellisher

I've used this CS recently as I've run out of my SU stuff and had no time to order more and it works fine for me! It's not quite as thick but the projects I've been using it for are turning out just great (gift card holders and other treat bags and such....) and you can't beat the price when it's on sale or you use a 40% coupon.

I always use my thinner CS and assorted papers for layers and SU or comparable for a base for my cards but I may just give this a try for some cards too.
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaporteView Post
I like that you both weighed in on your ideas. I unfortunately didn't find any at the Micheal's in Wausau, WI anyway.
Sorry you didn't find any Mrslaporte. If I find any more at my Michael's you want me to grab you some? It was going fast. I had 3 ladies buying while I was there the one evening. But will be glad to look for ya.

Glad the other ladies had good results. Like you said. It can always be used for backgrounds as well. For the price you can't beat it.
Glitter Queen

Default Micheal's Recollections / The Paper Co. Cardstock

Hi Everyone!

I have never used SU products simply because it has not been affordable to my budget. But I have always had an interest in trying them.

It is difficult to find really nice card stock, but I must say that this is a very good alternative if you are in need of something at a more affordable price. I have used this brand of card stock for several years. I've designed cards, gift box, gift bags, scrapbook, etc... and have never had any problems with this paper. Have used all kind of glues as well as (sobo - liquid glue) on this card stock and have been fortunate to never have any kind of fading. I have an online business and my customers are very pleased with the quality of the products that I produce from this card stock.

Even though it is only 65 lbs. - this card stock has a certain stiffness where it actually works well for most things. Works well for making beautiful invitations for weddings, birthday party, baby shower etc... I'm very pleased with it. Price is decent, nice variety of colors, and size of paper to choose from.
Glitter Queen

P.S. - I have not found any clearance on this product at Michaels. But you can go online and get coupons where Micheals periodically has 30% - 40% off on this card stock.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Lightbulb

Just a note!
This thread originated in 2009.

Alas, I'm betting that sale is long-gone. ;)

(Whew! I do not have to run out to M's after all!)