Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Glitter Queen

Default Marco Paper

Was wondering if anyone ordered from this place during Black Friday sale?
I placed a nice size order, and still haven't received it. I called and was told they were waiting for a certain die, but would ship the rest. They never did.

I buy from them at stamp shows all the time, but this is the first online order. Is this long a wait normal?

Thanks for any help.

Carol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Hardware Hotshot

This was in an email I received from the Marcos' blog:

Quote:
It has been two weeks since I last sat down to exercise my typing fingers. It’s not that I didn’t have anything to say. It’s more that I had more important things to do – namely filling your orders. We got absolutely swamped with orders during our Thanksgiving Weekend Sale (this is a very nice problem to have), and for more than a week I did practically nothing other than gather orders and order out-of-stock items so Debbie and Patti could constantly pack orders and ship them off to you.

A lot of the smaller items we sell are stocked at our retail store – they haven’t seen so much of me in years. I should have taken pictures – I spent most afternoons at the store, spreading order sheets on tables and filling as much as I could from there, then piling everything into boxes and heading back to the mail center. Debbie and Patti went home after the last pickup about 5:00, and I usually stayed until after 7:00 laying out stacks of completed orders so they could hit the ground running the next morning.

We’re now in the home stretch – if you haven’t received your order yet, it probably includes Spellbinders dies (a new supply will arrive Thursday) or Tim Holtz dies and folders (those come in from multiple suppliers). I can’t thank you enough for your support – it seems obvious, but without you we wouldn’t have jobs!
I have an order on the way also.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.”
― Spider Robinson
Old 12-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Linking Queen

I think when an order includes something from Spellbinders and/or Tim Holtz that they don't receive their (incoming) shipments fast enough to fulfill orders as quickly as usual (and desired).

It seems to be true for other vendors as well so I think the issue is with the manufacturer of these intensely popular items and the stores do the best they can as fast as they can.

I do trust them as a vendor but understand the frustration of waiting.

Hang in there!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
Glitter Queen

Thanks so much for responding. I guess I'm just excited and a little anxious to get my hands on new toys.
I did hear of other companies and horror stories, so I was in panic mode.

Thanks again, I'll just sit tight!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

I have ordered from Marcos on numerous occasions and they are a very reliable store. I lived in Ohio for 4 years and shopped there as well. They have a LSS as well as an on-line business. If you ask them to ship what they have I am sure they will do it .

I did order on the Black Friday sale and got my order, but I did not have any Spellbinder or Ranger products in my order.

I ordered two Spellbinder dies from Scrap-Mart and it took ages to get one of them . Spellbinder dies are made in China and shipped here. There was a strike by dock workers in California which is the port where products from China and other Asian countries come in. The strike has held up the off loading the shipping containers.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Glitter Queen

Thanks Barbara, I totally forgot about the strike.I'm sure that pushed back a lot of ordered items.

I'm patiently waiting now. I got a few other new toys to keep me busy.
Carol
Old 12-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Die Cut Diva

Why don't you call Marcos tomorrow and ask the status of your order?
All the people there are very nice. Find out which items they are waiting for and ask if they can mail what they have on your order

The Dock strike in California held up nearly 8 million dollars A DAY in products that were not off loaded. Numerous Ships were just anchored at sea or went to other ports in Mexico . When they settled the strike and got stuff off loaded it put the truckers in a bind. The truckers also sat idle for 8 days and now they only have a certain number of trucks to deliver the stuff.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 12-12-2012 at 06:02 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Marco's

Marco's - Love them! If they have an item coming in, your order will be held- I ordered Black Friday and my order is here...but I did not order any Spellbinders. I am not sure how, but I get an e-mail when my order is shipped.....

They have so much stuff in their store, I go out of my way and go in to visit when I am in the area- they are so friendly!

Shelly
Old 12-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
Swapper of the Month November 2012

I ordered the Spellbinder D-lights sometime after Black Friday. Just got an email today that they have been shipped.