Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joanns visit

I was online today at the Joann's website and found some paper packs that I wanted to get. Online they were on sale for $9.99 when I went to the store they were not on sale and they were $19.99. When I told the lady that online they were on sale for $9.99 for the SAME item, she said that I would have to bring a print out of the item for the online price. So I guess I should look online before going to the store and make sure to bring my copies of the sale. U would think they could look it up at their computers. Very Disappointed.:(
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
neglecting the kids and housework

Well not that I'm a huge fan of JoAnne's but usually an online store and B&M store are two entirely different entities.
Stampin' Fool

I had a similar experience, but in reverse. I looked at something in the store that I thought was overpriced. BUT when I looked online it was $2.50 higher online than in the store.

I collected coupons from several neighbors and was able to purchase them in the store at a much lower price than online.

I guess it just depends.
Rubber Obsessor

Even though it is a hassle to have to print information for yourself and bring it back in, at least they are willing to honor the online price. I have been told by several b&m stores (big chain type stores) that they will not honor the online price because the online store is considered a different entity. I find that incredibly frustrating! I do feel your disappointment though. It would be very easy for them to look up the price on their computers.

My Blog
Hardware Hotshot

I am not surprised that JoAnn's has an attitude like that. I think they are the least customer friendly of all of the craft stores.
Die Cut Diva

We only have one in town and they hate scrapbooking/stamping. They want to be a sewing store. So they wont even have a conversation about scrapbooking supplies! They have a very poor selection.

Bonnie
Inking Addict

I also realized the stamps were on sale online but not in the store. Its sad to say the bigger the store the less customer service they have. Its the little stores that bend over backwards for u. sad to say the big stores put them out of business.
Stampin' Fool

My JoAnn's is just the opposite they are very customer friendly and have a large scrapbooking section. Michaels on the other hand, I don't even like to go into that store. The one near me is very shopper unfriendly.
Polyshrink Goddess

I know a lot of stores that will not honor the online price. Two different businesses. Nice that they would comp the ad. A pain I know but nice.

Marcie
Kookie Creator

My JoAnns is very happy and friendly to its customers. I rarely have problems with any of the prices, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the "online" price and/or sale is not associated with the store flyer/sale. They also often sell products online that they store can not get and does not ever intend to sell locally. My local store is one of the large super size type of JoAnns and is generally very nice.

Holley
a new project everyday! Holley's Blog
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I drive over an hour to CT to go to a Joann's Super Store, and it's beautiful. They have a large selection, and the employees are very nice. I wish the one in the Palisades Mall hadn't closed, because that trip was only half the time. I went to a smaller store in Long Island, and it was terrible. There was only one aisle (barely) of scrapbooking/stamping merchandise, and the employees were downright rude to the customers. I've ordered from the web store, and the shipping took a bit longer than I expected, with no communication on their part. I hope it all works out for you.
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thumbs down too!

I was looking forward to going to Joanns even though my past 4-5 experiences there weren't good (you would have thought I would have got a hint?) because I was going to go to a cricut demo they had advertised. I made the 45 minute trip into town only to talk to a semi-rude associate who told me that those "demos" are only at "Superstores" and the nearest one to me is 6 hours away.....

I decided that there wasn't a single thing in the store that I would need to look at or purchase..then went to Michaels.
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Joann's lost me last November at the Black Saturday sale when they pulled a huge bait and switch thing. The BBB had so many complaints they stopped taking phone calls about them. I go in for sewing supplies and shop the clearance section but never, ever buy anything full price there.

And, the website will NOT work in many cases. They post a really good price just to get you to go look and then shut the site down. This has been proven last November.

that's just shady...
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

Working for a catalog company, I can say from experience that running a web store is a lot cheaper than a B&M or phone operation. That's one of the big reasons companies won't honor their online pricing at a store or on a phone order.

Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckygalView Post
Even though it is a hassle to have to print information for yourself and bring it back in, at least they are willing to honor the online price. I have been told by several b&m stores (big chain type stores) that they will not honor the online price because the online store is considered a different entity. I find that incredibly frustrating! I do feel your disappointment though. It would be very easy for them to look up the price on their computers.
I've had this happen with other b&m stores too because a different "company" runs the website part of it.

Still, they could have offered to look up the online price for you.
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper1996View Post
I've had this happen with other b&m stores too because a different "company" runs the website part of it.

Still, they could have offered to look up the online price for you.
This is in no way directed at you but I've seen this response a few times here and in other conversations.

First how would they look it up? They don't have computers there.

Second, why is it in any way their job to do so?

We are all savvy enough shoppers to be searching for the best deal. When does it become the store's job to make that easy? I'm not saying this quite right but basically the store has their ad. They mark their items that they have in stock correctly (let's hope) to coincide with that ad. Most stores are not connected to online sites. That's common practice.

Like I said this isn't aimed at anyone out there just needed to get it off my chest. :lol:
Kookie Creator

They probably just need backup for changing the price. Every company is different in what they will let their employees do.

"Yet dawn is ever the hope of men." Aragorn in The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
My JoAnn's is just the opposite they are very customer friendly and have a large scrapbooking section. Michaels on the other hand, I don't even like to go into that store. The one near me is very shopper unfriendly.
I think Michaels has realized how shopper unfriendly they bacame as I am now seeing a huge change in the one I shop at. I am greeted when I walk in, and if I am walking around looking lost or confused, someone will come up to me and ask if I need help. Kind of startled me the first time. Just not used to that at Michaels.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy LittlerView Post
I think Michaels has realized how shopper unfriendly they bacame as I am now seeing a huge change in the one I shop at. I am greeted when I walk in, and if I am walking around looking lost or confused, someone will come up to me and ask if I need help. Kind of startled me the first time. Just not used to that at Michaels.
Yes! I thought the very same thing when I visited the store in my city. The ladies were very nice and willing to help. One location had some Nesties and I couldnt find them at the other store so one gal immediately called someone and asked if they had them and when she found out they didnt she told the person on the phone that they needed them in their store too! I had a very nice experience that day! :grin:

Bonnie
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy LittlerView Post
Yes! I thought the very same thing when I visited the store in my city. The ladies were very nice and willing to help. One location had some Nesties and I couldnt find them at the other store so one gal immediately called someone and asked if they had them and when she found out they didnt she told the person on the phone that they needed them in their store too! I had a very nice experience that day! :grin:

Bonnie
Pearl-ExPert

My Michael's has improved greatly in the past two years -- friendly, helpful employees. Their stamping/scrapping section improved a lot too, but lately it has dwindled. Still, it's a much better store than two years ago.