Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #161
Gabfest Goddess

I'm also new to uplaoding cards. Just figured out I should have picked a gallery instead of sending it to my own. Is there a way I can move my pics to a different gallery or will the mods do it?? Thanks for helping!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #162
Compulsive Stamper

Great reminders! I appreciate all that SCS does to keep this website up and running and I will try my hardest to follow all the steps for uploading. I love this site~!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #163
Cardstock Collector

Thank-you for all this info. As a new member, I need all the information I can get!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #164
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAstamper
I'm also new to uplaoding cards. Just figured out I should have picked a gallery instead of sending it to my own. Is there a way I can move my pics to a different gallery or will the mods do it?? Thanks for helping!
Wondering the same thing?
Robyn Aussie Demo #45
Life is a blessing, have fun, live it to the full and enjoy every moment
Old 05-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #165
Stazon Splitcoast

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalcer
As more and more people share their wonderful creations in the gallery, we are spending more and more time maintaining it. There have been several issues lately, and I just wanted to outline a few things that can help you avoid having them.

1. Give your FILE a unique name BEFORE YOU UPLOAD IT. When you scan or take a picture of your creation, change the file name on your computer to something unique rather than a number like 1.jpg, or scan001.jpg. When files have the same generic name as others (which is the case a LOT lately), they will get removed when we scan for duplicate posts. So. . .try something like your username_petalprints1.jpg and yours won't get deleted!

2. Please CROP your picture to showcase your creation! I've re-done several uploads to focus on the card rather than the white backdrop you get when you scan. It takes a little bit of time, but the end result is that it's easier for people to appreciate the work you've done!

3. Only upload JPG FILES. Anything else will jam up your upload queue, and Daven will have to go in and fix it while you wait.

4. Watch your FILE SIZE. Max size for the gallery is 640x480 pixels, but the gallery software will take care of that for you if you are unsure about reducing yourself. Mainly what you get through doing it yourself is shorter upload time (because the files are smaller when reduced). By tweaking the images yourself you also have to opportunity to do any color correction, cropping, watermarking, etc. that you want.

5. When you upload your creation, PUT THE FILE IN A SPECIFIC GALLERY. Anything you upload will automatically be loaded into your Member Gallery. We have galleries by set, by technique, by type of creation (anything but a card, scrapbooking, events, stampin' spaces, etc). . . and if there is not a gallery that fits, leave it in your member gallery. We'll move it if we see a place for it.

6. Fill out the Stamps, Ink, Paper, Technique, Accessories Fields! The more complete your information the easier it is for others to find your work.

7. Uploads are approved Monday - Saturday. Our Gallery Moderators work hard through the week to ensure that the gallery is neatly organized, and have Sunday off. Read this front page story for more info. If you must upload on Sunday, please know that your uploads will not be approved until Monday morning.

PS: If you're a Fan Club member, one of the perks is that your uploads will go through instantly. Please make sure that your uploads are properly categorized. Thank you!

WHEW! If you'd like to read more on how you can make the gallery experience better, read this article .
For more tips on scanning or photographing your creations, check this thread or this thread.

Thanks for your help with getting the uploads approved and in the gallery faster!
Will try some of your suggestions, but need some guidance on how to crop. Can we do this when downloading from our digital cameras, or only when you get the pictures printed first??
Old 05-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to Sairabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue
Will try some of your suggestions, but need some guidance on how to crop. Can we do this when downloading from our digital cameras, or only when you get the pictures printed first??
You should be able to do it when downloading the pictures. I use the Dell Picture Studio, and when I open a photo it gives me a crop option on the toolbar at the top. When I click it, I can make a box around the portion of the image I want, and then click "ok" when I'm happy with it and save it...
Old 05-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #167
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to kamakaz1gb

Ok - I have a question about the gallery - I uploaded a card today that used non-SU stamps as the main image so I did not put it into a gallery other than my own. There were two smaller images used from Crab & Co and Winged Things - but neither seemed appropo for the pic.

Are there galleries for non-SU! main image stamps or do these just stay in my Members Gallery?

Thanks for helping!

My Slow Growing Gallery
Proud to be a PSF to Stefan, Dale, and all those who serve our country.
My SU! Website!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:57 AM   #168
Cardstock Collector

Exclamation Additional Question about Posting Photos to SCS

All,

I am fairly new to SCS and an a recent SU demonstrator. Forgive me if I do this wrong--this is my first post toi SCS. Thanks for all your hard work and advise on SCS.

But I have an additional question---I want to upload some photos but, I need some help! I don't know how to add a watermark or SU's Copyright words to my creations before uploading them. I know that many of you do this.

Could anyone tell me what software you use and/or where to find directions. If you can help me either post here or send me an email at savis001@woh.rr.com.

Again, thanks to everyone for making SCS such a good resource.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Sandy D.
SCS User Name :Stamp4fungal
SU Demonstrator from Ohio
sdavis001@woh.rr.com
Old 05-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #169
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp4fungal View Post
All,

I am fairly new to SCS and an a recent SU demonstrator. Forgive me if I do this wrong--this is my first post toi SCS. Thanks for all your hard work and advise on SCS.

But I have an additional question---I want to upload some photos but, I need some help! I don't know how to add a watermark or SU's Copyright words to my creations before uploading them. I know that many of you do this.

Could anyone tell me what software you use and/or where to find directions. If you can help me either post here or send me an email at savis001@woh.rr.com.

Again, thanks to everyone for making SCS such a good resource.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Sandy D.
SCS User Name :Stamp4fungal
SU Demonstrator from Ohio
sdavis001@woh.rr.com
I did a search in the forums for you using the word ''watermark''. There are lot of threads on this topic which may be able to answer your question. Click on this link

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...archid=3397626

As for the SU! copyright, it is automatically added on every photo this uploaded to this site so I don't think you have to add another one...unless you want to.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-27-2007, 09:07 AM   #170
Insane Embellisher

here is a tutorial for creating a watermark using Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. My version is only 2.0 but I still could use it. It walks you through step by step.

http://www.stampinkub.com/tutorials/tips/photo_4.html
Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 AM   #171
Cardstock Collector

LovinTX,

Thanks so much for your help! Wow! You saved me. Now I have to get started.

Happy Stamping!

Sandy D.
Stamp4fungal
Old 06-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #172
Cardstock Collector

uploading to gallery

I can't get to the second page

6. Fill out the Stamps, Ink, Paper, Technique, Accessories Fields! The more complete your information the easier it is for others to find your work.

Haven't been able to get there for over 3 weeks.
Trying to upload lana740.jpg to member gallery.
374 x 450 pixels
32600 size of file.

I have tried IE6.0 and IE7.057

When I hit submit the gray box gets grayed out and nothing happens.

When I tried from Firefox, latest version it acted like it was going to the next page said upload completed but nothing happened.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #173
Cardstock Collector

I've tried everything still doesn't work. The store and about pages are listed as trusted sites. The gallery and everything else is listed as unknown zone (mixed) on the status bar. I tried shutting off Norton AV and Firewall.
Lowered security to low. and shut off pop up blocker. Using comcast cable modem.

LaNA
Old 06-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #174
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscrappin View Post
I've tried everything still doesn't work. The store and about pages are listed as trusted sites. The gallery and everything else is listed as unknown zone (mixed) on the status bar. I tried shutting off Norton AV and Firewall.
Lowered security to low. and shut off pop up blocker. Using comcast cable modem.

LaNA

Please post a question in the Site Suggestions and Questions Forum
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...splay.php?f=12

That will be the best place to get an answer. Sorry I can't help.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #175
Glitter Guru

At the risk of sounding like an idiot...when I take a picture with my digital camera, how can I change it to a jpeg image when I save? Also when I scan and try to crop the image to take out the white glob in the background, as soon as I save it is unchanged. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?? Thanks!!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #176
Cardstock Collector

Default can't see photos

Is this why I cannot seem to see the majority of the photos in the Year After Year stamp set section? I looked at them the other day, and saw some I just loved, so went back last night, and again today, and can't see most of the pics in there. It doesn't seem to be a problem in other stamp set sections I looked at though, so I am stumped! Any ideas?

Lori
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #177
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Q1. when I take a picture with my digital camera, how can I change it to a jpeg image when I save?

A. My camera saves all of my images as jpegs. What extension is at the end of the files your camera is saving to your computer? If it's something other than .jpg or .jpeg, you should be able to open it in your photo editing program and then do a "save as" and there will be choices--one should be .jpeg or .jpg.

Q2. Also when I scan and try to crop the image to take out the white glob in the background, as soon as I save it is unchanged. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?? Thanks!!

A. Are you in your photo editing program when you try to crop? If so, then I don't know what is happening, because if I crop a photo in my editing program (lie Adobe Elements, Picture It, etc.) I save it as a different file name and the new picture is properly cropped.

But actually, I usually try to *crop* the photo in the scanning program itself. Usually, my scanner previews the scan and shows a screen where I can see what my picture will look like. If I click on that screen, it gives me a *crosshairs*--kind of an x, and it I click at the top left corner of the card and hold and drag to the bottom right of the card, it will *select* just the picture of the card (not the white space.) Then I hit *scan* and it only scans the actual picture of the card. Then I save that scan as a .jpg file.

I'm sorry this is so long. I hope it makes some kind of sense.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #178

My last post was in response to AJITZI's questions.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #179
Embossing Fanatic

problem with "additional info"

For some reason the additional information for stamp set, card stock, ink, and accessories isn't showing for me to input this information. I am obviously missing something but don't know where? HELP!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #180

Did you put your card in an album? For some reason there is no place to add that info. in the albums folders.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #181
Embossing Fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
Did you put your card in an album? For some reason there is no place to add that info. in the albums folders.
Yes, I did put it in an album. Ok, now I know the difference. I will repost mine under the stamp sets so I can put all the ingredients of it.

Thank you!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #182
Rubber Obsessor

I noticed some of my uploaded cards were deleted after a few days (i could not find them under my gallery.) Also, I noticed they were the ones made using non-SU stamps.
Anybody here have this experience?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 AM   #183
Stazon Splitcoast

Which dates/cards are you talking about? There are several non-SU cards in your gallery from July 30 and 31. Nicely done, BTW.

I will give you a suggestion if you don't mind -- Most everyone appreciates it if you will list the details of the stamps, inks, etc. that you used in case they want to CASE (with credit, of course).
Old 08-01-2007, 02:39 AM   #184
Rubber Obsessor

The most recent one was the one I uploaded on july 30, the halloween card using penny black stamp. It was still there yesterday, but today It was gone

Your suggestion will be really appreciated! THX!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:58 AM   #185
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampzy View Post
The most recent one was the one I uploaded on july 30, the halloween card using penny black stamp. It was still there yesterday, but today It was gone

Your suggestion will be really appreciated! THX!
You need to give each card a unique file name on your computer before uploading. Most photo programs will automatically name it something like cards01, cards02, etc. The gallery software goes through and deletes what it sees as duplicates. Be sure to name your cards on your computer perhaps incluidng your name or screen name in each title. This has nothing to do with what you title your card in your gallery upload. Does that make sense?

Old 08-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #186
Rubber Obsessor

I see, thank you so much!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #187
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Tangerine Dream
Default Thanks & Oops

Being the blonde that I am, of course I didn't read this before I did my first upload! Thanks for the info! I was wondering how it got into other galleries.

Rubber hugs & Happy Stamping!
Tangii
Old 08-10-2007, 07:51 AM   #188
Polyshrink Goddess

I uploaded my photos before reading this. Is there anyway for me to redo it and put them in the correct album? I just put them in my Album.

Thanks for your help
Old 08-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #189
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine Dream View Post
I uploaded my photos before reading this. Is there anyway for me to redo it and put them in the correct album? I just put them in my Album.

Thanks for your help

At the bottom of each picture there an option to "edit". Click that and you can move the location to the correct gallery by stamp set or type of project or just "My gallery".

I see you are in Rossmoor CA - is that SoCal by Seal Beach or somewhere else in CA?

Old 08-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #190
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Jami!!!!! Yes, I am next to Seal Beach! Wow! Not many people unless they are from the area know where that is! Where in So Cal are you?

Thanks again for your help!!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #191
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine Dream View Post
Thanks Jami!!!!! Yes, I am next to Seal Beach! Wow! Not many people unless they are from the area know where that is! Where in So Cal are you?

Thanks again for your help!!

I'm in Lakewood.

I help plan a big SCS SoCal gathering every Spring. Here's the info on the last one: StampMania - Southern California (SCSM4)- Everyone Welcome! Please join us!

If you want to be on the list be sure to PM or e-mail Joy (her info is the 2nd or 3rd post on that thread).

I'm wondering if your Demo is someone I know?

Welcome to SCS!!!

Old 08-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #192
Compulsive Stamper

I'm wondering if there is a way to attach this sticky to the link on the home page where you upload. It seems that since this has been posted, there are still tons of uploads without "recipes." Perhaps if each time a sample was uploaded they had to read the sticky, the "check the blog" thing may be curtailed?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #193
Cardstock Collector

Default Demo

I understand that since I am a stampinup demonstrator, I can log on as such. How is the done, what must i do?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #194
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Smith-Pluchino View Post
I understand that since I am a stampinup demonstrator, I can log on as such. How is the done, what must i do?

Here's the thread
DEMOS ONLY FORUM - NEW MEMBERS
with the info you need to apply for the Demo Only Forums.

Welcome to SCS!

Old 08-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #195
Hardware Hotshot

I'm noticing more and more photo being uploaded and NO information given
on supplies used. If they don't have time to fill in supplies, why should a
person take the time to leave a comment, JUST ANOTHER WHINE, SORRY, so all this information has been truly helpful
Old 08-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #196
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampencamper View Post
I'm noticing more and more photo being uploaded and NO information given
on supplies used. If they don't have time to fill in supplies, why should a
person take the time to leave a comment, JUST ANOTHER WHINE, SORRY, so all this information has been truly helpful
Also noticed this happening...I have found some positively gorgeous cards that I would like to try to make, but without that recipe, it is really hard. Are those ones without recipes not willing to share?? What's happening with our fellow demos???
Old 08-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #197
Compulsive Stamper

thanks for the info.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #198
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to kanaclark

the ones I have uploaded I've used generic stamps on them, and then one didn't have stamps, so I put "how I did it" in the description. I'm not one to frequent the gallery that much, but maybe those who aren't putting the stamps in there are using just plain ol' store bought generic stamps. (By that I mean those that aren't stampendous, stampabilities, and things like that, you know, the cutsie ones in the kids dpt, or a the dollar store, etc.)

I dunno, though, just an idea??
Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #199
Kookie Creator

Send a message via MSN to cware84
Question

Thanks for this. I love this site and can't begin to imagine the work that goes into keeping it running...Great Job! I have a question though. When I add photos into an album I don't get the option of adding in the extra info like stamps, paper, etc. Do I need to add into a gallery and then put it into an album so I can fill out that info or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #200
Hardware Hotshot

Red face uploading artwork

when you go into the gallery to upload your art work, at the bottom it says
upload, and wait until the next screen comes up, may take a minute, there you enter more information. Just keep your supplies together when you are uploading to take off that information or write it down to have nearby when you upload your artwork Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cware84 View Post
Thanks for this. I love this site and can't begin to imagine the work that goes into keeping it running...Great Job! I have a question though. When I add photos into an album I don't get the option of adding in the extra info like stamps, paper, etc. Do I need to add into a gallery and then put it into an album so I can fill out that info or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!!!!