Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #201
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpe135 View Post
Cyndi, The weather wasn't that bad so I didn't have too much problems with it being hot. I wasn't looking for paper so I was in and out of the stores faster than Teacher4416. I too can't wait for my next visit. The best part was the scenery. The farms are so well kept. I told the store owners about SCS as well.
That's why I love living here! I'm only about 30 miles from Lancaster area. Love the farmlands . . . .
Old 08-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #202
Insane Embellisher

There is also another scrap/stamp store just outside of Montrose, PA in Fairdale. It used to be in a storefront but recently relocated to the owner's outbuilding at her house. I think her new space is better than the old space she had. I can't remember the name of the store off-hand but can look it up if anyone is interested.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:02 AM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher4416 View Post
It was hot, and I'm not used to farm smells, but it was just fine. Most had fans, some were in sopts with nice breezews ocming through the windows. One place was a little dark, she couldn;t find the candles, it was no big deal. I simpyl walked to the wondow tio see if it waas the shade of paper I wanted.

My DH was really funny. He opened the car windows and turned the car off rather than sit with the AC on (he didn;t come into the sotres - figured why bother if there was no air! When I noticed and asked why, he said "out of respect for their ways." He was always worried about spookign the horses with the car when we drove into a place. it was nice & funny all at once!

And it is just SO pretty and idylic.

I am so glad you had a wonderful trip and enjoyed visiting the different stores. I figured the stores wouldn't be too hot for ya since they do have the fans and the breezes coming thru the windows. Glad you got to Barbara's - I'll see her next weekend, so I'm sure she'll tell me you stopped in. Just wish I could have met ya on your trip. Maybe next time...

Old 08-05-2008, 04:05 AM   #204
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
That's why I love living here! I'm only about 30 miles from Lancaster area. Love the farmlands . . . .

I'm about 1 1/2 hours away, and I have to agree about the farmlands, the scenery, their way of life being so humble, their prices, and the fresh produce. The sweet corn rocks this year!!! This will be the first weekend in the past six that I won't be up there - I might get "homesick" for my second home!! LOL

Old 08-05-2008, 04:05 AM   #205
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoedvc98 View Post
There is also another scrap/stamp store just outside of Montrose, PA in Fairdale. It used to be in a storefront but recently relocated to the owner's outbuilding at her house. I think her new space is better than the old space she had. I can't remember the name of the store off-hand but can look it up if anyone is interested.

If you can post the information (name, address, phone #, hours, etc.), I can add her to my master list.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:16 AM   #206
Matboard Maniac

Ditto for me. I live in Carlisle, PA and I make two trips a year with one gf to that area and shop. I would love to have the name of another store.
Cyndi Evans
Old 08-05-2008, 06:39 AM   #207
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Oh that would be great! I know in NC there was a store that closed the storefront and reopened in her garage and just did conventions. She had the neatest stuff and fun specials.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:42 AM   #208
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsassystamps View Post
I am in Pa, Berks County. Being an online store makes it much easier to stay in business. I have my craft room set up as my shop, not your typical stamp store, but my friends come and shop all the time, so I'd love to have anyone who wants to come and see me!
Sounds like a fun day trip!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #209
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
The name of the store is Remember Me Scrapshop. Phone numbers are 570-406-8834 and 570-278-3485. The second number is the one I've been able to reach her on each time I've been in the area. She has a website here but it's kind of outdated but the directions and the numbers are there.

Her hours are also as follows:

First Saturday of the month 10 AM till 4 PM
Second Wednesday of the month 11 AM till 5 PM
Thursday 10 AM till 8 PM
And any day except Sunday, by appointment.

Each time I've called, it's always been on the Saturday she's typically not open but she's open each time I call. So if you're planning to make a day trip up there, give her a call and let her know when you'll be in town and she'll open up the store for you if she's not already planning to be open. She is really nice and her product selection is growing. She has a lot of clear stamps, rub-ons, chipboard books, acrylic books, embellies, adhesives, paper. On my last visit a couple of weeks ago, she said that towards the end of the summer, she'll be getting all the new orders in with stuff that was just released at CHA.

Directions are:

Take RT 706 west (from Montrose) approximately 5 miles to Fairdale corners- the Fairdale Methodist church is on the far left hand corner and there is a large vacant lot on the right. Go past the Wilcoxs' on the right and over a small one lane bridge- immediately after the bridge on the right is Fairhill Road- Turn right. Travel approximately 1.5 miles on the right scrapbook store is located at the end of a lake (you will have to turn into a driveway with a log house that is about 200-300 feet from the road. There is a flag at the end of the driveway near the road). The store is the outbuilding next to the house and across from the open 3-4 (?) car garage.

HTH!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #210
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to teacher4416

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
I am so glad you had a wonderful trip and enjoyed visiting the different stores. I figured the stores wouldn't be too hot for ya since they do have the fans and the breezes coming thru the windows. Glad you got to Barbara's - I'll see her next weekend, so I'm sure she'll tell me you stopped in. Just wish I could have met ya on your trip. Maybe next time...
The only buyers remorse I had was not buying more! SOme ladies gave me a catalog and said I could order by check through the mail I didn;t think to ask at Barbara's...let me know if she has that, too!

next time we'll meet over at my usual hotel and have a shopping day!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:20 AM   #211
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The only buyers remorse I had was not buying more! SOme ladies gave me a catalog and said I could order by check through the mail I didn;t think to ask at Barbara's...let me know if she has that, too!

next time we'll meet over at my usual hotel and have a shopping day!

I'll check and let you know. She used to have one, but not sure if she kept it up to date. I'm going up there next Saturday, so I'll find out then.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 AM   #212
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I'll check and let you know. She used to have one, but not sure if she kept it up to date. I'm going up there next Saturday, so I'll find out then.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:29 AM   #213
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

hi Denise...
Old 08-07-2008, 05:09 AM   #214
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqbarbie View Post
hi Denise...
Hey Denise!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #215
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to katey_did

I had a wonderful time in Lancaster. I found L&L first and was quite pleased, then went on to Rocky and then found the bookstore in Gordonville by accident. My husband didn't run the AC either, said he felt bad because they were working in the heat.
Lorene at L&L actually met me about 20 miles from my house yesterday and I bought Cuttlebug folders from her. She had all the new ones, but Halloween and explained why. Her prices are excellent! I thought it was so nice she did that. I am going again in October when I go to the show at York, but plan on hitting every one on your list! Thank you again for that!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #216
Embossing Fanatic

Lorene is so nice!!! She has GREAT prices and will order anything you want her too. I need to be back over there soon. I might have to go over on Monday!! We will see.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:19 AM   #217
Matboard Maniac

hi
Lorene's shop is also my favorite store in the Lancaster area. I try to get there once in the spring and once in the fall. I did get over there in June as I was visiting a gf in Denver, PA.

I am sending Lorene a card describing which new Cuttlebug folders I would like to have when she gets them in.

Have a great day. Cyndi in Carlisle
Old 08-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #218
Rubber Obsessor

subbing thanks ladies
Old 08-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #219
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm heading up there this weekend for some retail therapy with my girlfriend. I can't wait!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #220
Watercolor Wizard

Enjoy!

If you make it to From the Heart and think about it, find out if Ruthie liked the grungeboard! She was so sweet I couldn;t pass up the chance to be nice back!

~ Denise

(Rachel's sister kept the store opened for me the day I was there are Rachel was away. Ruthie was asking about chipboard - she's bored with the "same old letters" and said she never has enough of the letters she needs. She bought some thick chipboard from the store but wasn;t sure how to cut it - me either it was so thick! I sent her a package of grungeboard I found with a note that she should be able to trace & easily cut out her letters exactly how she wanted.)
Old 08-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #221
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Enjoy!

If you make it to From the Heart and think about it, find out if Ruthie liked the grungeboard! She was so sweet I couldn;t pass up the chance to be nice back!

~ Denise

(Rachel's sister kept the store opened for me the day I was there are Rachel was away. Ruthie was asking about chipboard - she's bored with the "same old letters" and said she never has enough of the letters she needs. She bought some thick chipboard from the store but wasn;t sure how to cut it - me either it was so thick! I sent her a package of grungeboard I found with a note that she should be able to trace & easily cut out her letters exactly how she wanted.)

If we get there, I'll try and remember to ask her.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #222
Stazon Splitcoast

Denise, we ran out of time and didn't get to Rachel's before noon. Hopefully I'll see her next Friday and will ask her then.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #223
Stazon Splitcoast

Barbara's Stamping Delight is having a sale on Friday, August 29, and Saturday, August 30. Everything in the store will be 10% off. All brass stencils and stenciling supplies will be 25% off. Most Christmas stamps will be 15% off as well as all Hero Arts stamps. I'll be working in the store on Saturday, so if you get a chance, stop on by and introduce yourself if we haven't met before.

Also I believe on those 2 days, Country Cottage Creations (Esther's) is having her annual yard sale, so I'm sure she'll have stamping stuff on sale.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #224
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Denise, we ran out of time and didn't get to Rachel's before noon. Hopefully I'll see her next Friday and will ask her then.
No worries! Thanks for even thinking about it!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #225
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Barbara's Stamping Delight is having a sale on Friday, August 29, and Saturday, August 30. Everything in the store will be 10% off. All brass stencils and stenciling supplies will be 25% off. Most Christmas stamps will be 15% off as well as all Hero Arts stamps. I'll be working in the store on Saturday, so if you get a chance, stop on by and introduce yourself if we haven't met before.

Also I believe on those 2 days, Country Cottage Creations (Esther's) is having her annual yard sale, so I'm sure she'll have stamping stuff on sale.
Enjoy! Esther gave me a catalog to order by mail, wish I had thought to ask barbara for one. She had some BEAUTIFUL stamps! I'm so jealous you all live so close to these great places that you can go anytime you want!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #226
Stazon Splitcoast

I knew there was something I had to ask Barbara - I'll try and remember next weekend to ask if she has a catalog.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #227
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsassystamps View Post
I am in Pa, Berks County. Being an online store makes it much easier to stay in business. I have my craft room set up as my shop, not your typical stamp store, but my friends come and shop all the time, so I'd love to have anyone who wants to come and see me!
Oh, where in Berks? My friend is using her parents' home in Berks near Reading as her new office. We'd love to make a trip.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #228
Gallery Gazer

Hey Ladies,

Thought you all might like to take advantage of Michael's typo. It's a good one.
Attached Files
File Type: doc michaels40%[1].doc (404.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 08-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #229
Stazon Splitcoast

Bumping this up, so people see about the sale next weekend. Hope some of you can make it.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #230
Watercolor Wizard

Barbara has SO MANY beautiful stamps - there's really something for everyone there!! If you live in the area and haven't been to her place yet you really should try to make it for the sale! I will have no problem making the 4+ hour ride back there next time we can get away for a shopping weekend!

(I love where I live but I'm so jealous of those of you that live around all of these great ladies and stores!!)
Old 08-26-2008, 04:26 AM   #231
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone going to try and get to Barbara's sale this weekend? I'm really hoping she has the September SOTM by Great Impressions. The theme for September is sunflowers - my favorite!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:28 AM   #232
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to julie12775

Quote:
Anyone going to try and get to Barbara's sale this weekend? I'm really hoping she has the September SOTM by Great Impressions. The theme for September is sunflowers - my favorite!
I can't make it, watching my friends dogs, but she said she said she should have the new SOTM by GI for Sept. Your in luck!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:48 AM   #233
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I LOVE sunflowers! Enjoy the new stamps!!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #234
Cardstock Collector

Default great lss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeless View Post
I had a hard time finding any good craft stores in PA when I was there. Too bad.

C
Hey I was just at DePue's in the Pocono Mountains and they had a ton of new stuff! they had the new Cuttlebug dies, tons of Asparagus paper and the woman there taught me a great technique for the STampscapes stamps (love their samples) It was easy to find, on the same road as the Crossings outlet mall

and Knoebels amusement park is my favorite place on earth!! (next to my stamproom lol)
Old 08-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #235
Matboard Maniac

And the really nice thing about Lorene is that if you call her or go and see her or write her a letter, she will send you an order through the snail mail. I have received quilling paper from her, a cuttlebug order is on its way and I just ordered another nestabilities set. Cyndi Evans
Old 09-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #236
Cardstock Collector

Default Thank you

Hello Pa. stampers. It is a small world. I have been to Nora's two times and we have a hunting cabin we stay at up there in Hairy John State Park. Also, was shopping at Flower and Craft world with my Sister last month. Their stock is way down though. We then went to L & L Stamp Store and loved it. Her prices are great and she had tons of fun things. She is moving sometime soon as she wants to expand her store. Thanks to having a GPS, we had no problem finding her. Thank you for posting the list of stamp stores. I surely will have to visit some of them one day. I live east of Reading so it isn't too far. Also there is another store localy near me called Inspired Treasures. Very few stamps but they carry a lot of paper, ribbon, and other embellishments. They also have crops. ...if anyone wants to check them out. Their location is Rt 100 and Countyline Rd...Boyertown
Old 09-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #237
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Mom Mom View Post
Hello Pa. stampers. It is a small world. I have been to Nora's two times and we have a hunting cabin we stay at up there in Hairy John State Park. Also, was shopping at Flower and Craft world with my Sister last month. Their stock is way down though. We then went to L & L Stamp Store and loved it. Her prices are great and she had tons of fun things. She is moving sometime soon as she wants to expand her store. Thanks to having a GPS, we had no problem finding her. Thank you for posting the list of stamp stores. I surely will have to visit some of them one day. I live east of Reading so it isn't too far. Also there is another store localy near me called Inspired Treasures. Very few stamps but they carry a lot of paper, ribbon, and other embellishments. They also have crops. ...if anyone wants to check them out. Their location is Rt 100 and Countyline Rd...Boyertown
Oh, thanks for sharing!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #238
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping Mom Mom View Post
I noticed this too when I was there last month! I am hoping that's not a sign of anything.......I love Flower & Craft Warehouse.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #239
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annek View Post
I noticed this too when I was there last month! I am hoping that's not a sign of anything.......I love Flower & Craft Warehouse.
We went in the beginning of August...I drove all the way there just to get bazzill and Colormates paper (we have little available here on LI.) I almost cried when i got there and saw how there was nothing. I asked why stock was so low - did I just come at a bad time - and the girls told me they are selling less of everything these days, so they were not repordering on a regular basis. they did not know when they would be ordering again. that was August 2. I guess they didn;t reorder that month if the stock was still that low.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #240
Stazon Splitcoast

is there a complete list for these stores?