Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #121
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh man Ephrata is not far from me at all.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:31 AM   #122
Rubber Obsessor

Default LSS closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by javagirl984 View Post
I received my email last Friday from them. I stopped in at Stampede to pick up my EZMount and was talking to the owner about Rubber Buggy closing. I think the web is hurting Stampede as well. I refuse to order from web stores that sell the same items as Stampede. And if they don't carry it, you can ask them to special order. They will try to get whatever you need. They even advertise in the newsletter that they will ship it to you. I love Stampede and hope they are able to stay in business.

Anyone living in or near the York, PA area or if you are visiting; please stop in the Stampede and check out the inventory. They have a ton of stamps and other cool stuff. When I was there on Friday; a woman walked in and just stood there and said "WOW!". I asked her if it was her first time and she said "yes". They were vistiting the area for the street rod show. You can spend hours in that store just browsing.

I have to say even though the web is easy to order items, I personally like to see the paper in person before buying. Regarding Rubber Stamps, I highly recommend that you check out your LSS first. We are the only ones who can keep them in business. My LSS is 45 minutes away, www.scrapperscove.com , but if you purchase $50.00 or more there is FREE shipping. Not everything they have in the store is on their online store but they say to email them with what you are looking for because most likely they have it. So please let's keep the LSS in business during this hard time.

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com
Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 AM   #123
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree, I LOVE shopping LSS and would be so sad to see them go. My closest LSS is 20 minutes away. It's a really small store but I always check with her first before going elsewhere. (esp super stores!!!) I so prefer the personal atmosphere at LSS.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Old 07-15-2008, 03:37 AM   #124
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to teacher4416

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachris100 View Post
I have to say even though the web is easy to order items, I personally like to see the paper in person before buying. Regarding Rubber Stamps, I highly recommend that you check out your LSS first. We are the only ones who can keep them in business. My LSS is 45 minutes away, www.scrapperscove.com , but if you purchase $50.00 or more there is FREE shipping. Not everything they have in the store is on their online store but they say to email them with what you are looking for because most likely they have it. So please let's keep the LSS in business during this hard time.

TA
I'm with you, I can't by paper sight unseen or from some little picture!

There are 4 LSS for me to patronize at home, and 2 of them have people running it I don't care for (not very customer friendly at all - and I drop some serious money in these stores!) One also is a real hike and has parking issues.

I always try to hunt down an LSS in an area I'm vitising. It just so happened a friend mentioned a place to me Friday evening and, since we weren't going on vaction this summer it seemed like a good weekend warrior, commando shopping trip. It is a get away to a place I enjoy AND I get to support people in their lifestyles.

That was the point of my initial post - tell me the places you know of and/or frequent in the areas I am visiting so I, too, can support those LSSs.

Thanks to all for all for your help. I'll be my shopping route this week, if you know any more feel free to PM or post. Our area to cover is not west of "Lancaster proper" (Dutch Wonderland area), not much north of the PA Pike/Ephrata/Lititz, not much south of Quarryville. (There's only so much a girl can do in a day given store hours!)
Old 07-15-2008, 03:40 AM   #125
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone ever check the Cozy Crop House that is there near The Flower and Craft Warehouse? Alos check a lot of the book stores because a lot of them sell rubber stamps

TA
Old 07-15-2008, 04:04 AM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm compiling all the stores mentioned on this thread into my file of Amish stores and will post a link soon.

Just a reminder about Barbara's Stamping Delight's sale this Friday and Saturday - she has some really awesome stamp bargains that will be at her yard sale. Mom and I helped her price everything last Saturday. If you can stop out, please stop in the store and introduce yourself to me. I'll be the one working in the store that's not Amish - I'll be easy to spot! LOL

Old 07-15-2008, 04:06 AM   #127
Embossing Fanatic

Does anyone know of anything in the Milton area? We are leaving on vacation this sunday, to jellystone campground.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2008, 04:11 AM   #128
Rubber Obsessor

Default LSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher4416 View Post
I'm with you, I can't by paper sight unseen or from some little picture!

There are 4 LSS for me to patronize at home, and 2 of them have people running it I don't care for (not very customer friendly at all - and I drop some serious money in these stores!) One also is a real hike and has parking issues.

I always try to hunt down an LSS in an area I'm vitising. It just so happened a friend mentioned a place to me Friday evening and, since we weren't going on vaction this summer it seemed like a good weekend warrior, commando shopping trip. It is a get away to a place I enjoy AND I get to support people in their lifestyles.

That was the point of my initial post - tell me the places you know of and/or frequent in the areas I am visiting so I, too, can support those LSSs.

Thanks to all for all for your help. I'll be my shopping route this week, if you know any more feel free to PM or post. Our area to cover is not west of "Lancaster proper" (Dutch Wonderland area), not much north of the PA Pike/Ephrata/Lititz, not much south of Quarryville. (There's only so much a girl can do in a day given store hours!)

If I remember awhile back it was wither you or someone else who mentioned about the employees, that they stand around talking about personal life instead of helping customers. If it wasn't you then someone else was saying the same thing. It's a shame and then the owners wonder why no one is coming in to buy. I wouldn't want to give them my hard disability money if they weren't nice.

TA
Old 07-15-2008, 04:13 AM   #129
Watercolor Wizard

Wasn't me. The people I mentioned act as if they are doing me a favor by being open.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #130
Matboard Maniac

I can't go to Stampede. One thing far..45 minutes away and the last time I was there..they were not nice to me regarding the wording on one of their coupons. So I do shop the internet and at Amish/Mennonite shops where the prices are lower and I enjoy going to the Lancaster area twice a year or so. Never in the summer, they have to A/C and if you can't see well they turn on the lights..but those are run on some sort of gas and it makes it HOTTER in there.

Cyndi
Old 07-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #131
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi Evans View Post
I can't go to Stampede. One thing far..45 minutes away and the last time I was there..they were not nice to me regarding the wording on one of their coupons. So I do shop the internet and at Amish/Mennonite shops where the prices are lower and I enjoy going to the Lancaster area twice a year or so. Never in the summer, they have to A/C and if you can't see well they turn on the lights..but those are run on some sort of gas and it makes it HOTTER in there.

Cyndi
Didn't think of that...good to know!!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:12 AM   #132
Rubber Obsessor

If anyone is in the Edinboro area of PA the Morning Sun Studio is closing its doors tomarow July 16th 2008 This will be a sad day for those who live up this way. We now only have one other one I know of around us that is small. Sure we have ACMore and Michaels but not the nice person behind the counter to lead you through the steps she took to get to the end product she created last night.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:21 AM   #133
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendzdiane View Post
Does anyone know of anything in the Milton area? We are leaving on vacation this sunday, to jellystone campground.
Thanks
The Scrapbook Lady is in Lewisburg. Come up 405 to 45 west. go through downtown Lewisburg & turn left onto 15 south. Go through one light at Bucknell, over the hill and it is on the corner across the street at the bottom of the next hill. 524-2665. Her hours are M-W 10-5, Th 10-7, Fri 10-8, Sat 10-4, closed Sun.

She has a limited assortment of stamps, Mellisa Frances, some MSE, The Stamp Barn. She has tons of alterables, lines of paper, stickles, dew drops... check it out!

PM me if you need any more info
Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #134
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher4416 View Post
Didn't think of that...good to know!!

They do have fans that run on hydraulic or their generators, so it's not sweltering in there. With their windows open, there is usually a nice breeze rolling thru. Believe me, for the little bit of sweat you might do, the prices are definitely worth it.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #135
Stazon Splitcoast

Default List of stamp/scrapbook stores in PA!

Attached is the list of stamp/scrapbook stores in PA that I've compiled from either visiting them, friends, or you guys on SCS. If you see something that needs to be corrected or one you'd like to add, send me a PM.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf amish & pa stamp-scrap stores 071508.pdf (170.8 KB, 164 views)

Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #136
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks for the email Cindy - I owe ya!! A little heat won't stop me from shopping, fans or no fans!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #137
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks so much to everyone who supplied their coments and concerns about the LSS in PA. IT's nice to have info. before taking the car trip to see the places - especially today with the gas prices so high!

thanks also for the pdf file with the entire list - now we just gotta map out the trip! LOL
Old 07-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #138
Rubber Obsessor

does anyone know what time Barbara's yard sale and store open on Fri?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #139
Watercolor Wizard

Ditto on the thanks! I am armed with a good-sized list and a decent budget. I will spend the week plotting out my best course of action for driving to the places in a "logical" order. The plan seems to be to start in Quarryville and end at the hotel, which I think will be Morganville (or something like that.) Once I have that done I'll make some calls to the ones noted as by appt.

Thankjs again for the help everyoone! Maybe I'll run into you while in my shopping frenzy!!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #140
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi Evans View Post

Cyndi
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. I shop there quite often and have never had any problems. They are always friendly to me and answer any questions I have. The coupon doesn't seem confusing to me. You have to spend a certain amount before getting the 40% off your item. That is the only stipulation I know of.

Join us for VSN Friday & Saturday, June 6 & 7
Old 07-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #141
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8tive K8 View Post
does anyone know what time Barbara's yard sale and store open on Fri?

About 7:30ish. They are starting the chicken at 7:00 a.m. and wants me and DH there between 6:30 and 7:00. If you stop by, please introduce yourself.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #142
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by javagirl984 View Post
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. I shop there quite often and have never had any problems. They are always friendly to me and answer any questions I have. The coupon doesn't seem confusing to me. You have to spend a certain amount before getting the 40% off your item. That is the only stipulation I know of.

I haven't had a bad experience there either. I love Janie and the girls and all the stuff in the store. So much stuff to see!!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #143
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for posting the file Cindy, I was starting to dread checking my PM's for the number of people STILL requesting the info! There's one more for your list:

From the Heart
Rachel King (owner)
95 Spring Rd.
Paradise, PA 17562
(717) 687-3711

I got that one from Cyndi, I'm surprised she hasn't posted it. I heard Rachel's store is fairly new and she's looking for some more business! I can't say if she's amish or mennonite, but I know her hours are odd.

Oh, and see you this weekend Cindy! I'll be sure to say hi, if I can remember what you look like! If not I'll just shout your name until someone answers! Just kidding....
Old 07-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #144
Matboard Maniac

And if you ever get over this way Brandi there is another gal named Rachel who is Amish who has a store with stamps in it:
Rachel's Country Store hours M-F 8am-6pm Sat 8am-4pm
6352 McClays Mill Road
Newburg, PA 17240
717 530-9452
I have been going to her store (30 minutes from my home) for about 6 years.
Cyndi Evans
Old 07-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #145
Matboard Maniac

Years ago their coupon was misleading ..they changed it.

Cyndi
Old 07-16-2008, 03:58 AM   #146
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiP View Post
Thanks for posting the file Cindy, I was starting to dread checking my PM's for the number of people STILL requesting the info! There's one more for your list:

From the Heart
Rachel King (owner)
95 Spring Rd.
Paradise, PA 17562
(717) 687-3711

I got that one from Cyndi, I'm surprised she hasn't posted it. I heard Rachel's store is fairly new and she's looking for some more business! I can't say if she's amish or mennonite, but I know her hours are odd.

Oh, and see you this weekend Cindy! I'll be sure to say hi, if I can remember what you look like! If not I'll just shout your name until someone answers! Just kidding....

Thanks for the info Brandi. I knew Rachel was trying to get started up at her house - she used to have a stand at the PA Dutch Market in Hunt Valley, MD, but I hadn't heard if she had opened up yet or not. I'll edit the list soon - I'll wait and see if there are others to add.

Great about seeing you this weekend. I'll most likely be in the store. Glad to see you're coming to the Baltimore SBS too.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #147
Stazon Splitcoast

And Rachel is Amish. And if you go to Country Cottage Creations owned by Esther, you can see Rachel's house thru the trees. They are very close to each other, but are supposed to carry different things. Esther is the one who got Rachel into stamping.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:03 AM   #148
Insane Embellisher

subscribing!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #149
Watercolor Wizard

You girls have no idea how excited you made me to come shopping, and how much I need a decent day off away from my daily rat race! I owe each of you! {{Big Hugs!!}}
Old 07-16-2008, 06:21 AM   #150
Cardstock Collector

Default Stamp Stores Lincoln NE

Does anyone know of good stamp stores in Lincoln NE. I only know of one and that is on Vine St...a Ben Franklins. I love that store but would like to do some more exploring. You can email me at vickiereiss@cox.net. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:31 AM   #151
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Does anyone know of good stamp stores in Lincoln NE. I only know of one and that is on Vine St...a Ben Franklins. I love that store but would like to do some more exploring. You can email me at vickiereiss@cox.net. Thanks.
The gals who have posted on this thread are all Pennsylvanians or at least East Coast gals so I'm not sure we'll be able to help. You might have better luck starting a new thread in the general section!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #152
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
About 7:30ish. They are starting the chicken at 7:00 a.m. and wants me and DH there between 6:30 and 7:00. If you stop by, please introduce yourself.
I'm planning on stopping by!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkymama View Post

Oh goodie!! You won't be disappointed!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #154
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkymama View Post
I am going to try to stop by too!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annek View Post
I am going to try to stop by too!

Sounds like I might be meeting a few of you this weekend - yippee!!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #156
Stazon Splitcoast

It was great to see some of you at Barbara's sale this weekend. Nice to put a face with a name.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #157
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
It was great to see some of you at Barbara's sale this weekend. Nice to put a face with a name.
Cindy - I am sorry I missed you! I posted in the get together thread on the events of my Friday afternoon.

Anne
Old 07-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #158
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies - just came across this thread. Cindy, thanks so much for compiling this information. I've been to Esther's place and she is so sweet. I don't live too far away from Lancaster! Next time my mom visits, we'll take another stamping road trip!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #159
Compulsive Stamper

One of you actually knows where Milton PA is? That is great! - yes, I live right here in Milton. Milton is famous for Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee foods...no, not Spaghetti-O's, the other one. : ) Stampin' Stuff in Danville closed a few years ago -- almost overnight, it seemed. I never heard anything about why it closed.

Nora is Nora Martin. In addition to rubber stamps, papers, punches, Tapestry brand sets, ink pads, H2Os, Prismacolors and embellies too numerous to mention, she & other Amish women make beautiful quilts in all sorts of patterns & colors and wonderful pot-holders in the Log Cabin pattern. When Nora isn't stamping or selling stamps, she is binding a quilt by hand. The directions to her place, her days & hours are accurate, as listed above. Her phone is 570-922-1849 and she will open her shop for you IF you call ahead and make an appointment. She is a dear woman. She has A/C in the shop and her prices are excellent. After you go through Mifflinburg (west on route 45) keep going and about the time you begin to think you missed her place, there will be The 4 Bells Lutheran Church on your left. Nora's is the very next house/farm. You will have passed several smaller churches on your way, but 4 Bells is big and a helpful landmark.

The countryside is beautiful, R B Winter State Park is nearby, Knoebel's Amusement Park is also in the area.

BTW, Nora knows me as "Carolyn, The Stamp Collector." I keep adding to my collection, but I don't seem to be making any cards. At this point I have no idea what is where and I have to get organized so I have a clue what stamps I do have. I spend hours and hours at SCS, reading forums, clicking links to wonderful ideas and reading beautiful blogs. You all are amazing and so talented. I have stamped some cards, but not lately. Soon... (I hope this isn't too long for posting.)
Old 07-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #160
Matboard Maniac

I am Carolyn also, but not "The Stamp Collector". I am not so well known in my parts

Carolyn, if you like Nora, you need to check out the Scrapbook Lady in Lewisburg. They can't beat Nora's embellishments or stamp prices, but they have an AWESOME selection of papers. I am talking to the owner about the variety & quality of stamps, so cross your fingers!

this world is kinda small, so I am sure I will see you around!