Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #481
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuG View Post
could someone point me to the info on the shop hop? I have heard of it before but am not sure how to get involoved.
thanks,
This is the only thing I can find currently: Buggies and Bon Bons Shop Hop - SBR Place - Your Place to come for Papercrafting Fun!

It looks like the actual Buggies and Bon Bons Shop Hop website is not yet available.

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website ~ My Gallery ~ My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:04 AM   #482
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsassystamps View Post
This is the only thing I can find currently: Buggies and Bon Bons Shop Hop - SBR Place - Your Place to come for Papercrafting Fun!

It looks like the actual Buggies and Bon Bons Shop Hop website is not yet available.

Actually, we are not affliated with Scrapbooking Roads anymore. We are doing the shop hop all on our own. It is now called Buggies and Buds Shop Hop. The website is:

www.buggiesandbuds.com

You can get all the information there including the stores participating, a link to the Facebook page, and the registration form. It's a lot of fun and a good way to see all the stores in the area and get good prices at the same time.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #483
SuG
Forum Fanatic

thanks! is there a limited registration?
Old 08-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #484
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuG View Post
thanks! is there a limited registration?

Not really a limited registration, but the stores pre-order the passports and bags, so they'd like to get the forms back ASAP, so they have enough for everyone. I know some stores have sold some already and others haven't. I'd pre-order if I was you to make sure the home store you choose does have one for you.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #485
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Not really a limited registration, but the stores pre-order the passports and bags, so they'd like to get the forms back ASAP, so they have enough for everyone. I know some stores have sold some already and others haven't. I'd pre-order if I was you to make sure the home store you choose does have one for you.
Oh, I am sorry. I didn't realize it was being done through another venue. Are you heading it up, Cindy?

Lorene was confused about it, because she knew there had been a name change but I don't think she knew it had changed hands and since she doesn't have internet, she wasn't sure if she was on the list of participants. I see she is listed so I will let her know. I will be there doing Make 'n Takes some of the days, like last year.

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
Old 08-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #486
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via AIM to teacher4416

Since Columbus Day weekend falls into this time frame, I'm thinking I might be able to swing tat Saturday. My question for you gaks is will the stores be having extended hours? I would likely be with friends and woul dwant them to get to L&L, Barbara's, Farmhouse, CC, & From the Heart for sure, but I have been limited i the past base don hours and days open.

Any info about those for the Hop? (I know Sunday is out for those ladies and I can;t get there Friday or stay through Monday.)
Old 08-16-2010, 05:40 AM   #487
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, I am sorry. I didn't realize it was being done through another venue. Are you heading it up, Cindy?

Lorene was confused about it, because she knew there had been a name change but I don't think she knew it had changed hands and since she doesn't have internet, she wasn't sure if she was on the list of participants. I see she is listed so I will let her know. I will be there doing Make 'n Takes some of the days, like last year.
I'm on the team heading it up representing 3 of the Amish stores. I did send Lorene an envelope full of registration forms - hopefully she did get them. Her daughter wasn't sure the last time I was there. I think Laurie from Pages in Time or one of the other store owners had talked to Lorene.

We are hoping more people sign up this year to attend since word is out and now everyone knows what a shop hop is about. It was a lot of fun last year and I think it will be even more this year.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #488
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher4416 View Post
Since Columbus Day weekend falls into this time frame, I'm thinking I might be able to swing tat Saturday. My question for you gaks is will the stores be having extended hours? I would likely be with friends and woul dwant them to get to L&L, Barbara's, Farmhouse, CC, & From the Heart for sure, but I have been limited i the past base don hours and days open.

Any info about those for the Hop? (I know Sunday is out for those ladies and I can;t get there Friday or stay through Monday.)
A lot of the English owned stores have late hours on Friday and Saturdays. Barbara's, Esther's, and Rachel's I believe are open until 8:00 on Saturday - I don't have my paperwork here with me, but I know they have extended hours on Friday and Saturday out of the norm. I'm not sure what Farmhouse or L&L has decided. Also, some of the English owned stores are open on Sundays too.

Korin, if you talk to Lorene, you might want to mention to her to have extended hours on Fridays and Saturdays just for the shop hop even if it's just until 7:00 or something, so people can get to her. I know last year she didn't, and it was hard for some people to get to her store by 3:00 on Saturday.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #489
Watercolor Wizard

First, sorry for all the typos. OUr annual BBQ was the day before, and it seems while I felt fine the massive amounts of sangria and 8+ Jello Shots may have affected me more than I thought. (For the record, we didn;t drive anywhere or leave the house at all yesterday...seems like that was a wise decision!)

If/when anyone gets a list of times the stores will be open on the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend that would be great - I wasn't sure if they would stay open with the holiday weekend, let alone it beng a Saturday. My friends are primarily interested in the Amish stores I go to, though we'll likley go to the others I frequent as well. Because of "kiddie coverage" we won't be staying the night, just getting there at the crack of dawn and, hopefully, leaving late to avoid a lot of the traffic nonsense we'll face on the way home!
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #490
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
First, sorry for all the typos. OUr annual BBQ was the day before, and it seems while I felt fine the massive amounts of sangria and 8+ Jello Shots may have affected me more than I thought. (For the record, we didn;t drive anywhere or leave the house at all yesterday...seems like that was a wise decision!)

If/when anyone gets a list of times the stores will be open on the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend that would be great - I wasn't sure if they would stay open with the holiday weekend, let alone it beng a Saturday. My friends are primarily interested in the Amish stores I go to, though we'll likley go to the others I frequent as well. Because of "kiddie coverage" we won't be staying the night, just getting there at the crack of dawn and, hopefully, leaving late to avoid a lot of the traffic nonsense we'll face on the way home!

Here are the hours for the Amish/Mennonite stores for that Saturday of Columbus Day weekend during the shop hop. To save you guys 20% off at each store, it might be worth spending the $12 for the passport & tote bag. Depends on how much you each are gonna spend.

Barbara's Stamping Delight 8-5
Country Cottage Creations 8-5
Farmhouse Memories 9-4
From the Heart 8-5
L&L 8-9

Hope that helps.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 AM   #491
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Here are the hours for the Amish/Mennonite stores for that Saturday of Columbus Day weekend during the shop hop. To save you guys 20% off at each store, it might be worth spending the $12 for the passport & tote bag. Depends on how much you each are gonna spend.

Barbara's Stamping Delight 8-5
Country Cottage Creations 8-5
Farmhouse Memories 9-4
From the Heart 8-5
L&L 8-9

Hope that helps.
It sure does, thanks Cindy! We can make most of the stores, if not all, with that schedule. Now it's a matter of going with the husband versus the girls!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #492
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It sure does, thanks Cindy! We can make most of the stores, if not all, with that schedule. Now it's a matter of going with the husband versus the girls!

Good! If ya come to Barbara's on that Saturday, I'll get to meet ya. Mom and I will be helping her then.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #493
Cardstock Collector

Default UNika Creative Card & Crafts

Just reading some of the posts for PA as I am moving there in a few weeks from Florida, somewhere in the Delaware County. One of my goals is to open my own business - Stamp store/country craft store...I'm a little nervous as so many businesses have been closing in this particular industry - any feedback would be appreciated. To me there is just nothing like being able to physically hold/touch my stamps and see samples, etc. It's like therapy. Not to mention the sisterhood of crafters.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #494
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Good! If ya come to Barbara's on that Saturday, I'll get to meet ya. Mom and I will be helping her then.
I'll let you know if we're coming. If we do, it's a date!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #495
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhipsher View Post
Just reading some of the posts for PA as I am moving there in a few weeks from Florida, somewhere in the Delaware County. One of my goals is to open my own business - Stamp store/country craft store...I'm a little nervous as so many businesses have been closing in this particular industry - any feedback would be appreciated. To me there is just nothing like being able to physically hold/touch my stamps and see samples, etc. It's like therapy. Not to mention the sisterhood of crafters.
I hope you'll do well! I was just searching for some stores in the Philly area and haven't been able to find much of anything, so you shouldn't have much competition locally. I don't have any experiencing owning a store so I don't think that I can help you much. I think (but again, it's just my educated guess) for most people the issue is that the cost of renting retail space just doesn't allow them to make enough to stay in business. The Amish/Mennonite stores seem to stay in business a lot longer, but most have a store on their own property. My neighbor had a stitching shop here for awhile and she was always saying that the profit margins were very very small. Still, there's more to owning a business than just the profit margins.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Old 09-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #496
Watercolor Wizard

Cindy - I'm coming down (alone, I think) on 10/9. Is there a particular address to send the reg form & check to for the B&B Hop? I know all the stores are listed with addresses, just not sure what to do with it, and if I should include extra postage to have the tote mailed to me. Any thoughts/ideas?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #497
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhipsher View Post

If you are anywhere near Brandon Fl, east of Tampa, you may want to go into Scraptopia if you are serious about opening a stamp store. Unfortunately they are going out of business and selling their fixtures, displays and that sort of thing for decent prices.

Not to discourage you but, they have been in business for about 10 years. They tried downsizing the store by closing one storefront and still could not keep up.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #498
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Cindy - I'm coming down (alone, I think) on 10/9. Is there a particular address to send the reg form & check to for the B&B Hop? I know all the stores are listed with addresses, just not sure what to do with it, and if I should include extra postage to have the tote mailed to me. Any thoughts/ideas?

Nope, you can pick one of the stores as your "home" store and send it to them. If you plan on starting at L&L, then send it to her. Or whatever store you plan on starting at. That way, you can just pick up your passport and bag that morning and start the fun.

We had a meeting last night and everything is on track. Should have the bags and passports in our hands by next week at the latest. I can't wait to meet you at Barbara's.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #499
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks Cindy, me too! I think I'm actually going to start at Barbara's - she's the furthest south I usually go and tends to open the earliest. Since Mike is staying home I'll leave super early to avoid traffic here and get there pretty early as well. I'll get the reg form & check out to Barbara this weekend. I'm guessing the form says who to make checks out to.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #500
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks Cindy, me too! I think I'm actually going to start at Barbara's - she's the furthest south I usually go and tends to open the earliest. Since Mike is staying home I'll leave super early to avoid traffic here and get there pretty early as well. I'll get the reg form & check out to Barbara this weekend. I'm guessing the form says who to make checks out to.

Since you are getting it from Barbara, make the check out to Barbara L. Smoker. Each store is handling their own registrations. I'll let her know to expect one from ya. So what day will you be down - Saturday?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #501
Watercolor Wizard

Laureen - If we end up going to Gettysburg I will see about stopping in to your place on the way!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #502
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Since you are getting it from Barbara, make the check out to Barbara L. Smoker. Each store is handling their own registrations. I'll let her know to expect one from ya. So what day will you be down - Saturday?
I will get that out to Barbara!

I will be down on 10/9, Saturday. Sounding now like DH is going to join me, but that won't change my plans for the day any, just add an extra day to my excursion!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 AM   #503
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I will get that out to Barbara!

I will be down on 10/9, Saturday. Sounding now like DH is going to join me, but that won't change my plans for the day any, just add an extra day to my excursion!
I'll see ya then. Not too much longer!!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #504
Watercolor Wizard

Sent out the form and a check to Barbara. SHe should get it any day now!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #505
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sent out the form and a check to Barbara. SHe should get it any day now!

I told her to look for it - she hadn't gotten it as of yesterday when I talked to her. As of right now, there are 218 registered for the passports and bags and 4 stores haven't checked in yet. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #506
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I told her to look for it - she hadn't gotten it as of yesterday when I talked to her. As of right now, there are 218 registered for the passports and bags and 4 stores haven't checked in yet. It's going to be a lot of fun.
WOW!!!!!! While I know I won't make them all in onw day it will be fun to do my marathon day!

I got it mailed out over the weekend, I'm sure she'll have it by the end of the week at the latest.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:35 AM   #507
Stazon Splitcoast

Passports are starting to arrive in the stores for the shop hop and are limited, so if you've been on the fence about participating, make a decision quick before they are all gone. The shop hop starts this Thursday, 10/07, and runs through Sunday, 10/17.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #508
Watercolor Wizard

Well, I'm back to coming down alone. This means I will probably also head over to York for the Stamp Show, if there's time.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #509
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to katey_did

Cindy...How do we get them again...reading back through. We are doing the run on Friday then hitting the show in York on Saturday.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #510
Embossing Fanatic

Looking for the list of all the shops in the area. has it been posted lately? Can't wait to get to visit all the stores again...I love it.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #511
Embossing Fanatic

I found it! Sorry I just didn't go back far enough. Thanks!!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #512
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by katey_did View Post
Cindy...How do we get them again...reading back through. We are doing the run on Friday then hitting the show in York on Saturday.

You'll need to pick them up from the store you registered with. Only the passports are in right now, having a problem with the printer doing the bags. You'll still get the 20% discount at each store with just your passport. We are hoping the bags arrive before Thursday, but can't guarantee anything with this printer.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #513
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiP View Post
I have an excel spreadsheet of the Amish stores in Lancaster County, PA. I got it from Cindy. It is an awesome reference! Most of the spreadsheet is scanned business cards so you do have to do a little bit of the research for directions and so on. If anyone is interested please let me know! I'd be happy to PM it. YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL IN YOUR PM. I know this topic comes up a lot for PA stampers (lack of stamp shops) but it does seem like there are a good number of high quality stores still left. Although, I will greatly miss Rubber Buggy closing because Kris was such a kind person!
I would also love a copy of these stores. Thanks .
gardenbugelmo8@hvc.rr.com

Jean
Old 10-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #514
Gabfest Goddess

Stop by and see us if you do!

Quote:
Well, I'm back to coming down alone. This means I will probably also head over to York for the Stamp Show, if there's time.

Korin Sutherland
Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #515
Gabfest Goddess

I'll be doing make 'n takes at Joys of Life Scrapbooking on Friday the 15th in the evening and L&L Rubber Stamps in Ephrata during the day on Tuesday the 12th & Saturday the 16th. I hope to see some of you there!

Korin Sutherland
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #516
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's the list of Amish and PA stamp/scrapping stores - it's back several pages, so I figured I'd bring it forward.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf amish & pa stamp-scrap stores 041009.pdf (132.7 KB, 15 views)

Old 10-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #517
Stazon Splitcoast

Korin and Denise, I look forward to meeting you both this weekend. I'm really looking forward to the shop hop and convention. I just hope my wallet is. LOL

Old 10-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #518
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Stop by and see us if you do!
I plan to head over there, so I certainly will!! I'll ask for you at the booth! Have you been to the show before? Is it large? Can you use CCs or is it mostly cash?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #519
Gabfest Goddess

Yes, be sure to introduce yourself . My sweet hubby will be there, too, as well as my dear friend and DT member Janette Olen who will be helping with the make 'n takes.

I have not been to this particular venue, but I have been to the Allentown show. It's not huge, but still a nice size. From what I have been told, Heirloom shows typically run between 30-45 vendors. There's plenty to see and buy plus demos and make 'n takes.

And, yes, most booths take credit cards. THANK GOODNESS, right? LOL!

I look forward to meeting you!

Quote:
I plan to head over there, so I certainly will!! I'll ask for you at the booth! Have you been to the show before? Is it large? Can you use CCs or is it mostly cash?

Korin Sutherland
Old 10-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #520
Gabfest Goddess

Oh goodie !! Please introduce yourself . I am hoping to do a little shopping myself if I can sneak some time away from the booth .

Quote:
Korin and Denise, I look forward to meeting you both this weekend. I'm really looking forward to the shop hop and convention. I just hope my wallet is. LOL

Korin Sutherland