Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile moving to Huntsville/Madison, AL area!

Hi! I just found out we're moving to the Huntsville/Madison, AL area and would love to get tips on the area...We're actually looking at houses mainly in Madison because it would be closer to my husband's job.

I am also hoping to find another demonstrator to team up with (maybe do stamp camps together)...or if there are stampers without a demonstrator, I would love to show you what I can do with a workshop or stamp camp with all your friends.

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks, Allison Nolan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Allison,
When are you coming this way? You'll absolutely love it. I was born here and moved to Raleigh for 5 years after getting married. But, we came back after my son was born. Madison is great and there is some great stuff to do. Let me know when you get here. I'll get you our list of things going on. . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 08:55 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey! I live in Madison too! When I married my hubby he was a cop here so we moved here. I also work in Monrovia and that is a great community too! Let me know if you have any questions about the area!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Congrats on the move!! I think you will love it here. I grew up in Madison, but when I married DH he was a fireman for the city of Huntsville so we moved closer to his job. Less traffic because they CAN'T be late to work. Now we live in Meridianville (N. Huntsville), but my mom still lives in Madison.

There are a few demos on this board from here. Let me know when you get setteled in and maybe we can have a stamp day!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #5  
Silky Smooth

Allison,

Congratulations on your upcoming move to Alabama. I moved here several years ago from NJ and am living in the Monrovia area. The one thing I will say about Madison is that the property taxes are somewhat higher, although probably still laughable compared to Ohio, but the school system is quite good. Just in case you don't know about it, you can look at home listings at www.valleymls.com. Also www.greatschools.net is a wonderful tool for evaluating the schools in an unfamiliar area. I hope some of that helped.

Michelle

Peachie Keen Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Madison/Huntsville, AL

Hey there!

I leave in Hazel Green. Would like to get together and see what we can!! Let me know if anyones interested.

Pam Adcock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

I didn't know so many people on this site were from the Huntsville area. We live in Grant (born and raised in this area), which is about 40 minutes from the Huntsville area. My husband works at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville and I go there several times a week as Grant is very rural. Glad to know there are so many fellow SCS from my area. If I can help you in any way, just let me know!

Roschell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2007, 04:40 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I just wish we were still living there! My hubby was an engineer at NASA, and we lived just across the county line in East Limestone. We left about 10 years ago, and have regretted it ever since (I definitely more than he).

I had never heard of stamping when we left, so can now also regret never getting a chance to meet you nice people!

And to a previous poster - our property taxes are 4 times higher in Ohio than what they were in the south. The lot size is about the same, and the house is only 30 square feet larger. Big difference.

Allison, I'm sure you'll enjoy living there. The weather is great (just keep a close eye during tornado warnings), and the friendliness of the people can't be topped anywhere.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post
I just wish we were still living there! My hubby was an engineer at NASA, and we lived just across the county line in East Limestone. We left about 10 years ago, and have regretted it ever since (I definitely more than he).

I had never heard of stamping when we left, so can now also regret never getting a chance to meet you nice people!

And to a previous poster - our property taxes are 4 times higher in Ohio than what they were in the south. The lot size is about the same, and the house is only 30 square feet larger. Big difference.

Allison, I'm sure you'll enjoy living there. The weather is great (just keep a close eye during tornado warnings), and the friendliness of the people can't be topped anywhere.

Mary
That's wehere I went to High School!!

For anyone who is interested there is a Bama/Ga/Tenn shoebox swap in the Get it together forum. I believe the deadline for signups is July 1st. It is being held in Madison.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

I'm not a Demo but I live in South Huntsville and love it. I'm originally from Marshall County but moved away for about 8 years. Husband is in the Army so we're back in Huntsville and here to stay. Welcome and I would love to get together with anyone who has gatherings, camps, etc. I'm new to stamping.

Ann C.
Reply With Quote Likes