Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin Spots VS Ink Pads

im getting all the stampin spots now then eventually the refills,

I was wondering how any one else likes stampin spots or stapin pads for what ever reason?

I like the spot because get the stamp inked really good. right now I only have the black and versa mark (until my order comes in!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

There's a similar (pretty detailed) discussion on the size of ink pads on Papertrey's forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I like the spots, they work well and are inexpensive, but I like the full-sized pads even more for colors I use the most often or for larger stamps. I see a value to both!

Spots are also nice if you travel with your supplies very often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Spots

I love the spots because they are small and inexpensive. I love my paper and ink to match and could not afford the large inkpads, so I decided the spots. You can easily carry all 4 boxes with you instead of hauling 48 large ink pads. They also work well at inking up stamps because you are more careful at making sure the whole stamp is inked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrythView Post
I like the spots, they work well and are inexpensive, but I like the full-sized pads even more for colors I use the most often or for larger stamps. I see a value to both!

I agree totally. I got the spots first and then the ones I like best and use more I buy the inkpad for. I also got a complete set of reinkers so if the spots need re-inking I have it. My only wish is that they would do spots for the In colors every year.

My Blog http://crazystamplady.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

I agree, spots for the In Colors would be great!! I like my Stampin' Spots and don't really miss having big stamp pads. The only exception to this may be for some of the background stamps. It can take a while to ink them with the spots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I did the same thing, I have the spots and LOVE them!! I do most of my scrapbooking away from the house at my LSS and it is so much eaiser to travel with the little guys! I purchased the craft spots 3 years ago and am beginning to notice some are getting dry. I plan on purchasing the re-inkers soon and some of my most fave colors in the large pads.

Also, ditto, I'd love it if the in-colors came in spots too!!

Now, a question... do most of you use the spots in the craft or classic? In some of my larger classic stamp pads the ink beads up on the rubber and doesn't completely cover the rubber like the craft ink does. Does anyone else have this happen too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 267 Likes on 135 Posts

I started out with full size pads, but I'm turning more and more to the spots. The only thing is that the in colors aren't in that size. Why don't we all write SU and ask that they make a mini pak of the incolors each season?

Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is preparation for a future that only He can see--Corrie ten Boom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrythView Post

Ditto....I also like the full size pads for wheels so I don't have to buy the individual colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

I only have the white Craft ink; all of my other inks are the Classic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #11  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKJulia2000View Post
I did the same thing, I have the spots and LOVE them!! I do most of my scrapbooking away from the house at my LSS and it is so much eaiser to travel with the little guys! I purchased the craft spots 3 years ago and am beginning to notice some are getting dry. I plan on purchasing the re-inkers soon and some of my most fave colors in the large pads.

Now, a question... do most of you use the spots in the craft or classic? In some of my larger classic stamp pads the ink beads up on the rubber and doesn't completely cover the rubber like the craft ink does. Does anyone else have this happen too?
I use mostly classic. But I love my craft for embossing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtrlgirlView Post
I agree, spots for the In Colors would be great!! I like my Stampin' Spots and don't really miss having big stamp pads. The only exception to this may be for some of the background stamps. It can take a while to ink them with the spots.
I think a good compromise would be to offer a set of blank spots. That way we could use the In Color reinkers with them, and they wouldn't have to have a short term product for only one year.

I always encourage my customers to buy the spots first, especially if they are uncertain if stamping is for them. They are inexpensive, they take up very little space, and it is a great way to get a good pallette of colors quickly.

Then if they really love stamping, they can consider investing in the full size pads in the larger, easier to use size.

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Default Buy Blank Spots

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffgirlView Post
I think a good compromise would be to offer a set of blank spots. That way we could use the In Color reinkers with them, and they wouldn't have to have a short term product for only one year.

I always encourage my customers to buy the spots first, especially if they are uncertain if stamping is for them. They are inexpensive, they take up very little space, and it is a great way to get a good pallette of colors quickly.

Then if they really love stamping, they can consider investing in the full size pads in the larger, easier to use size.
You can get blank 1 inch cubes from Mardi Gourds. HTH!

This other page has both the foam (like those for Craft ink) and the regular ink applicator (like those for Classic ink). You can purchase them individually too instead of a pack of 12.

Last edited by dustypoodle; 05-21-2008 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Added additional link for foam cubes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 05:58 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

I've made my own "spots" of In-Colors by buying the pads from the gourd place and getting re-inkers. It take about 1/2 of a reinker bottle to saturate the pad. So, I ordered two of each so that I can reink for a while. They work great.

I have both the full size pads and spots in all classic colors. I travel a lot to different stamping events so my spots are great for that. When I'm working at home, I use the full size pads.

I also have the palette inks from TAC in the spots, too. I'm pretty well set in colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I like the fact tha I can ink the stamp with out getting the edges all inked up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

I have some of each (craft & classic), mostly in the spots...but I do sometimes notice a color difference between the craft, marker, & CS colors...don't know if it's just dye lot, but for example my So Saffron craft spot is not really yellow! Well, I guess it's yellow-ish, but not as much as the marker or the paper. And the Old Olive craft ink is GRAYISH. Both are popular colors, too, and I like them much better in the Classic version. My SU demo friend said she doesn't like the craft inks for this very reason.
Guess we don't live in a perfect world, huh?!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

im getting to really like the roller so I might have to buy a few pads for them I couldnt imagine trying to ink a rooler with the stamp spot ...has any one else done that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahm~stamperView Post
im getting all the stampin spots now then eventually the refills
That's what I did almost three years ago. I bought all of the SU spots and the refills. I haven't had any regrets at all. I've done the same with the Palette spots and refills, although I do have a full size black Palette ink pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
That's what I did almost three years ago. I bought all of the SU spots and the refills. I haven't had any regrets at all. I've done the same with the Palette spots and refills, although I do have a full size black Palette ink pad.
Kimberly, are you saying that's all you use - just spots, no pads? Wow, if that's true, think of all the $ we could save on pads! I don't understand the term "refill" is that a reinker? Please forgive me for not knowing the lingo, I'm not a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
Kimberly, are you saying that's all you use - just spots, no pads? Wow, if that's true, think of all the $ we could save on pads! I don't understand the term "refill" is that a reinker? Please forgive me for not knowing the lingo, I'm not a demo.
Yep, that is all I use except for one regular size Palette black ink pad. ALL of my other ink pads are spots. I probably used the wrong word, I meant reinker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I like the regular sized SU! pad vs. the spots( I have pretty much all of them). The spots are too little for me, I find that it's easier to work with a bigger pad. I usually take the pad and ink the stamp, instead inking the stamp on the pad (does it make sense?)
I used to have a set of spots not SU! couple years ago, but they were too small and had to refill them all the time, which became annoying.
it may seem more economical to get the spots, but I think the full size pads are better (though more expensive) option IMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have both sets of spots, and love them for stamping on the go. I got tired of trying to decide what colors to bring with me when I came home from school on break, because invariably I would want a color I didn't bring and the spots let me have all the colors while only taking up a small space in my luggage. When at home, though, I use the full-size pads. I only have those in classic, but eventually would like to start getting the craft pads.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #23  
Crimping Master

I had this same problem which is why I started purchasing craft ink. It takes a little longer to dry but it's worth it to me though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKJulia2000View Post

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #24  
Me.
Glitter Queen

How do the spots work when using the blending pen with the ink? With the large pads you press the cover into the ink to collect it. How do you do this with the spots?
Reply With Quote Likes