View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #59
caterinafmig
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Andrew Murray made a list "to remember". His words put dark days and nights in perspective.

In 1895 he was in England suffering from a terribly painful back, the result of an injury incurred years before. One morning, while he was eating breakfast in his room, his hostess told him of a woman downstairs who was in great trouble and wanted to know if he had any advice for her. Andrew Murray handed her a paper he had been writing on and said, "Give her this advice I am writing down for myself. It may be that she will find it helpful".

This is what he wrote:

In time of trouble, say, "First, God brought me here. It is by His will I am in this strait place; in that I will rest." Next, "He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child." Then say, "He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons He intends me to learn, and working in the grace He means to bestow". And last, say, "In His good time, He can bring me out again. How and when, He knows." Therefore, say, (1) by God's appointment, (2) in His keeping, 3) under His training, (4) for His time"

Andrew Murray chose not to focus on the problem and say, "if Only I wasn't suffering with this pain". His focus was on God and His purposes.

Whatever you are struggling with today, go to the Problem Solver with any and all your concerns.

Have a blessed day.
Caterina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!