View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #412
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Just got this email:

Hi,

I had my knee surgery today and according to the DR. the surgery went well. He showed Mark pictures of what the knee liked like before, during and after the surgery. He took out all the bad meniscus and that was it. It went really fast. We were at the hospital at 8:30 AM and in Sun Prairie for a RX before 1 PM.

I feel well and only ache a little. This is so much better than before the surgery. I hope it stays this way. But he did say that I am full of pain killing drugs so I should be feeling pretty good. Yup. He's right!!!!!!!. What an incredible relief and difference. Apparently there will be pain as all this wears off, but it will be a surgical pain and nothing like I had before the surgery.

Iʼm not going to use crutches and will use a walker as needed. I just feel so good that slowly they are putting me back together piece by piece. I have one main surgery left on May 14th and then I really hope I will be done and able to get on with my life.

Thank you all for the concern through e-mails, phone calls, thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Sammie

Rainsong