View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #44
jenguin
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggynine View Post
Your inspiring story could not have come at a better time for me. We are dealing with a very difficult 14 yo now whose behaviour has had my husband and me confused and very sad at times. Sometimes I think he will never grow into a considerate and thoughtful man, but I keep hoping that as he grows he will learn...
Ugh....tell me about.
Let's see, since Dec. I've broken my ankle (still in an air cast), my husband has left the boys and me for his GF (while I was still on crutches, unable to drive), I now have acute bronchitis (after having the flu) and my son probably has Aspergers. The boys are acting out due to no dad around and I am exhausted. I'm going to have to look for a job, possibly relocate and I am probably going to lose the home I love. Everytime I say it can't get much worse, it does. Hard to stay positive during these times, try as I do.
I am very, very down today....

Sorry for the vent....I just wanted you to know that I know many, many ex-14 yo's who are wonderful men now. Sometimes they just have to get through those growing pains, make some mistakes and they figure it out along the way. Hang tough. Be consistent. Let him know that you love him and pray. Chances are he'll come around - maybe in 6 mos, maybe in a year, maybe more, but he'll grow up someday and you will be proud of the man you have raised.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!