Thread: Cool card fold
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 11:42 PM   #20
DancingRain
Insane Embellisher

Default BINGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieHRR
OK, I did a mock-up. But, I don't get it. When I open the card, the whole square thingy just unfolds and when I close it, it doesn't exactly go back into place. But, if I were to glue it down, then I cannot open the card very wide at all.

Is that the way it's supposed to be???
BINGO!!! I have finally figured it out Thank you, Tracy, for sharing directions for this darling card!

I did all the folds exactly as Tracy has described. I then opened my card back out... laying it flat and in the very same position as the first attachment. Valley fold beteen the two squares... valley fold running across the card at the 2.75 point... then my mountain folds that are diagonal. You will see a TRIANGLE formed.

I placed adhesive within that TRIANGLE ... and only within that triangle... I then folded the two squares (towards the right) flat against the triangle... and pressed to adhere them.

The left side is now overlapping towards the right... and glued in place. I then redid my MOUNTAIN fold the full length of the card. Forming a long, slender card.

I then held the top right corner of my card beteen my thumb and finger... gently pushing downward on the left corner... allowing the diagonal folds to return to the original card design.

My card now opens and closes just like a regular card

Hoping this helps.

Proud to be a Stampin' Up! Demo... and a "Rubber Mutt"

~*~
Click here to Visit My Gallery
HeartPrints Welcome
A

Avatar: Photo taken Dec. 2006 at Wildlife Safari - Winston, OR
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!