View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Itsapassion
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow IC123 ~ Cow Parade! {04-12-08}

Hi All!
I'm excited to Host on Stephanie's behalf this week!! She's so cool!! Thanks Stephanie!!!

The inspiration for you this week is COWS!!! Yes, cows. Not just any cows, very special "Cow Parade" cows! And there are MANY to choose from!! "Cow Parade" is actually a sort of traveling art show, where local artisans -- both amateur and professional -- take on the task of painting life-size acrylic cows and the cows become permanent residents of selected cities all around the world!! You may have some in your own home town, or have seen them on your worldly travels, or you may even own one because smaller-scale versions of the painted cows are recreated and sold in boutiques and on-line! There is an official Cow Parade website, but the cow images there aren't large enough (IMO) to get a good look, so I found THIS WEBSITE that you can browse through to get inspiration! And please feel free to use your own photo or any reference of a Cow Parade cow if you prefer!!

So take a look at the cow inspiration pieces at this websiteand be inspired!! Your card does NOT have to have a cow as part of the design -- just inspired by the COW PARADE!!

Make sure you use the keyword: IC123 (no spaces or extra characters) when you upload your card.

I made two samples, one with a cow, and one without (see my inspiration choice below)! I hope you all have fun!!

Anne

My samples ~
Flaminco - no cow
Flaminco - with cow

IC123 Cow Parade Gallery

How to Play ~ View THIS WEBSITE and select a cow(s) or go with the attached image that I used. You may be mooo-ved (*chuckle* -- I know you were waiting on that!) to recreate your favorite bovine ~ but that isn't necessary ... get your inspiration from the colors, style or 'theme', just however the cows speak to you!! Don't worry ~ no card is 'wrong' and there is no time limit for uploading your card for the challenge. There are no rules, so let your creative juices run wild ~ be *inspired* and get stamping!

Don't forget about No Upload Sunday - Let's give the gallery moderators a day off and not upload on Sunday (unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member - yet another reason to spend a little money on your favorite site). Thank you for joining me on this inspiration journey. (And thanks so much, Stephanie for giving me the opportunity! I've had a blast!!)
Helpful links:

What is the Inspiration Challenge?

Subscribe to the Master List for notifications.

Posting your Image
Attached Thumbnails
cowparade_vacafolklorico_7710_large.jpg  

My Blog --> Everlasting Ink!!
My Pinterest Boards - Find Out if You've Been Pinned!

Last edited by Itsapassion; 04-11-2008 at 09:07 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!