View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Favorite Grandma
Stazon Splitcoast

Default SBVC22...Plates and Pleats...4.10.08

SBVC22...Plates and Pleats...4.10.08

I've got 2 different challenges for you to choose from. Why 2 - well, because I did them both on the same LO.

First challenge - Create a fun embellishment using a bookplate or frame.

Second challenge - make pleats from either pp or ribbon and use it on your LO.

my samples:

all smiles - I used a chipboard bookplate, painted and sanded it, decorated it with little flowers and placed it over the metal oval HodgePodge bookplate/frame on which I placed a gel sticker on top of. This really draws the eye to an embellishment that otherwise might be missed.

For the pleats - I used pp and scored it at 3/4" then 1"; repeated for 2 1/2 strips. attached them with mono. I thought this was a little more tedious than the ribbon and sewing.

best dressed - on this one I used ribbon and stitched it down. I wasn't as careful about getting the pleats even as I was with the paper.

I can't wait to see your ideas!

you can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBVC22

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your question in this thread.

Last edited by Favorite Grandma; 04-11-2008 at 03:30 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!