Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #1  
PAPER SCAPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin Up Donation - I love this company!

As many of you see from my signature I do a lot for charity work. Almost every card I make goes to charity so I guess it�s safe to say - a lot.
I had never ever asked for a donation but decided after reading a post here on SCS a while back on this subject that I would give it a try.
I listed the websites of the charities and briefly explained them. I did this by email and I waited maybe a week and received an email back explaining that it would be forwarded on to another department. I would either be notified by mail of a rejection or a package would show up at my door.
We were expecting Mr. Brown yesterday since my husband ordered some toothbrushes online for our electric. We got our toothbrushes alright but that�s not all. So here�s my story!

My husband brings this box in and says I have a package and it�s a big one. Oh my Gosh! To begin with I couldn�t believe the size of the box. So we rip it open and start looking. Brown paper, get out of the way! I see stamp sets, some punches, ink pads, some cardstock and My Oh MY this little girl is excited! I don�t know if I should list it all but let�s just say, lots!

All I can say is Stampin Up is one wonderful, fabulous and generous company. I know they could check me out through the charities I work with and know I�m not pulling a scam, but I didn�t expect this amount of supplies. I wanted to cry but way to excited to even remember how!

Later after I calmed down, had dinner and we�re on our daily walk, my husband starts teasing me about being so excited I was slobbering. I said �gross, don�t you mean drooling� and he said �girl you were way beyond drooling�. He said there is no telling what I would have done for Mr. Brown had I answered the door before he left. Silly boy, it�s not Mr. Brown I�m looking for, I got me a guy and all I want is stamps and supplies!

All kidding aside I am overwhelmed at the generosity of this company. I realize the sets and supplies I received are gathering dust (I could feel it on them) but to give as much as they did for one cause is just beyond words. I wrote them a thank you letter as soon as I calmed down.
Okay I sent the letter off and feel it just isn�t enough. So here�s a public thank you to Stampin Up and the wonderful people that work for the company. Without all the good demonstrators out there the company wouldn�t be what it is today. So to all the demos that read this you deserve as much thanks as the company that made the donation. Without you we wouldn�t have this web site for one and I wouldn�t have all these stamp sets to mount. I gotta go now, I got work to do as soon as the tears clear.
Thank you so much!
And thanks to all the customers that keep SU in business (we're great too). Thank you so much, again!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I�m just sitting here reading your post and smiling . How exciting. It�s all about Karma. Congratulation!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

This so sweet! And WOW that is so awesome of SU. And double awesome that you make cards for charity!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good for you for asking and great for them for donating! Use the supplies well (after you dry up the tears). What a really great thing to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #5  
Inking Addict

Smile

I am in awe! I know SU has done lots of great things with thier company, but I am so excited for you that they took time to send some great things to you. That is really AWESOME! I love reading posts like this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 AM   #6  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! That is wonderful! As they say "Good things happen to good people!" You are truly Blessed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 05:06 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

WOW! I am impressed! How nice of SU! This made me smile and feel even better about signing up to be a demo (Like I could feel bad about that! ;) ).

My gallery
My blog!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 07:11 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I totally agree!!

I too wrote to SU! to request a donation for our United Way auction. Imagine my delight when I received a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge box from them.

13 stamp sets, I swear a four-inch stack of 8 1/2x11 CS, punches, and lots of other toys.

They are the best in giving back to charitable causes, beyond the ones they do corporately (breast cancer stamp, tsunami relief, Ronald McDonald House).
Michelle C., #12400
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/hookandstamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 07:20 AM   #9  
The Digi-Freak

that is AWESOME!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 07:20 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is so awesome to hear! I sent a request in early July for a donation and am still waiting a response. (How long did you have to wait?) I want to make gift baskets of SU supplies and lots of cards for my local humane society's annual holiday craft fair in November. I'm crossing my fingers that UPS will come my way too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

I hope you sent a hand stamped card with that letter! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:10 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper1996
This is so awesome to hear! I sent a request in early July for a donation and am still waiting a response. (How long did you have to wait?) I want to make gift baskets of SU supplies and lots of cards for my local humane society's annual holiday craft fair in November. I'm crossing my fingers that UPS will come my way too!
HAWS? or was it PAWS?

I used to like in Waukesha and didn't miss the humane society craft fair. Actually my dh won a beautiful afghan in a raffle back in 1991? We still use it today.

sorry to hijack...

Anyway, to OP, I can imagine your excitement! How wonderful for you and the causes you support.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by redapron
HAWS? or was it PAWS?

I used to like in Waukesha and didn't miss the humane society craft fair. Actually my dh won a beautiful afghan in a raffle back in 1991? We still use it today.

sorry to hijack...

Anyway, to OP, I can imagine your excitement! How wonderful for you and the causes you support.
Yes, HAWS! Our group, the Friends of HAWS, puts on this craft fair. It's very successful and raises $7k+ each year. I'll keep waiting for my answer . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 09:11 AM   #14  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

If memory serves me correctly I think I sent the request in late June. You would ask one day after I deleted the sent email, why does that always happen to me?

DebbiS, I sent a business size letter and stamped the flowers from Border Builders across the top of the letter and the bottom of the envelope for my thank you.
I was joking with my husband and said I thought about using a Hero Arts stamp but changed my mind. His look was worth the sarcasms!
He is very impressed with SU and said "you get a card out to them right away". I already had the letter started when he said that.

BTW, my SIL ask HA and so far NO reply, not even an email of rejection. See Stampin Up is the BEST!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! I'm really impressed with the donation from SU!

Thank you, Rox, for spending so much of your time, heart, and money into charities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

I really do love working with such a charity-oriented company. I'm still blown away at how much we raised/gave for the tsunami relief effort!

One of my dear friends is going thru chemo/treatments at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. She has told me so many times how much she would love to have some cards to send to everyone who comes to visit/support her. I wonder if SU would be willing to donate some perishable supplies (CS, ribbon, etc.) so that I could crank out a whole bunch? (I'm a demo and already have stamp sets comin' out my ears!!!)

Thanks for all you do--We really ARE our "brother's keeper."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

How cool that they sent you all of that.

I had requested a donation from them for a charity event that I'm doing and was declined - they don't donate to Canadians. Very sad about that considering they are obviously quite generous. Hopefully that will change soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 06:59 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

I just requested a donation for my Church Card Ministry. I started it back in the spring, and it is doing so well, that the expense is killing me. The church cannot afford to do much, but the cards are reaching so many people, and we have gotten such positive feedback, that I would hate to not be able to keep it up. We have even had to start a writing committee to take care of the card sending! SO many shut ins a ill people have been reached, it truly is a miracle! I hope I hear back from them with a yay, and not a nay....We are a tiny church of around 100..we are not a huge renowned organization. The lord has gotten me this far! Kerilou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 07:46 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I too have a charitable organization that I asked SU! for a contribution in order to keep supporting. The entire process -- from email request, to providing verification of the organization, to receipt of the box of supplies was approximately one month give or take a few days. They sent me a 30 pound box that had 22 stamp sets, tons of cardstock, some markers and the children's tatoo kit. I have all my SU! catalogs from back in 1999 when I first started stamping, and I itemized the contents of the box -- and bless their hearts -- they sent me approximately $675 worth of merchandise!! Some of the items dated back to 1997 and up to 2003, but I did receive a huge amount of cardstock in the brand new colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 08:16 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melody Smith
I too have a charitable organization that I asked SU! for a contribution in order to keep supporting. The entire process -- from email request, to providing verification of the organization, to receipt of the box of supplies was approximately one month give or take a few days. They sent me a 30 pound box that had 22 stamp sets, tons of cardstock, some markers and the children's tatoo kit. I have all my SU! catalogs from back in 1999 when I first started stamping, and I itemized the contents of the box -- and bless their hearts -- they sent me approximately $675 worth of merchandise!! Some of the items dated back to 1997 and up to 2003, but I did receive a huge amount of cardstock in the brand new colors.
Wow, that's fast! I'm still waiting (sent email around July 1-2). How did they verify the organization? I included the web site with my email; maybe that's enough. I'm getting nervous. Maybe I'll be denied?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 08:23 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, this story brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful company ! Whether they are older supplies or brand new its truly a lovely gesture.

Mom to Chris (6) & Debbie ( !
Wife to fantastic hubby Don !

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:09 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:

Wow, that's fast! I'm still waiting (sent email around July 1-2). How did they verify the organization? I included the web site with my email; maybe that's enough. I'm getting nervous. Maybe I'll be denied?
I don't know exactly how they verified. After I sent them the email request I received another email from them asking me the name of the organization and a contact name/address/phone number. I am assuming they contacted the organization/person, but don't know for sure. I do know I am EXTREMELY grateful for everything they sent me. I would have been happy with just anything - big or little they sent me - but was just blown away by their generosity! It took me a week plus a weekend just to get all those stamps mounted. And of course, the kitties were in heaven from the brown packing paper in the box that they got to play with. It just makes me feel so good that their are big organizations out there that take the time/thought/money to care about "the small people" who are trying to make someone else's day brighter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:19 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Not to Canadians?! Darn!

I sent in a request in early July for our United Way campaign. This year I'm co-chairing the committee and I was really hoping for a little box of goodness... now I'm sad!! And I haven't heard anything back from them, either positive or negative.

Oh well, I guess I'll just make some cards on my own and put them in a basket or something.

Bummah.
Reply With Quote Likes