View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #1
AndreaSophie
Die Cut Diva

Default Sketch Challenge 32

REMINDER: Please put SC32 in the keywords box when you upload your creations using this sketch. Anyone and everyone are welcome to play You can use any paper, stamp, embelishment you want by any company, just use this "sketch" to design your card. It is AMAZING to see how different and creative everyone's cards are even though they all use the same sketch. Play along!

Master Thread

You can do this! For some reason, this sketch intimidates me and I am thinking it probably does some of you too! We did pocket cards and they came out Gawgeous, so we can definitly do this one!!!!

Sketch Challenge 32 is inspired by a fabulous stamper named EllenH. I LOVE the colors she used here and the stitching and the layering most especially the........(go check it out)

That's right, we are doing a Latch card sketch!!!!! Some might argue that this is more of a technique than a sketch but I disagree . If you look at the layout itself without the latch mechanism it is still a beautiful layout and the latch just adds a little movement and fun. So I declare it a sketch lol!

I am sure there are better directions for latch cards out there but I wanted to get this out to you guys so here are my directions for a latch card IT LOOKS COMPLICATED, BUT ITS NOT, GIVE IT A TRY :
**1. cut the cardstock to a regular half sheet card size and score to make half sheet card.
**2. cut 1 inch off the whole length of the opening (or long) side of the card on the front only!
**3. Using the pice you just cut, determine how far in you want the latch piece itself to go. mark the front of the card 1/2 inch from where you want the END of the latch to be.
*4. Measure in 1/4 inch from the last mark and make another mark. This will be the where your latch will be cut into the card.
**5. Measure UP a tiny bit over 1inch on both of these marks. this is your cutting guide for the latch
**6. Open the card up so the inside is flat against your work surface. Using a craft knife, cut along the two vertical lines you made **OR** at the end of each line use your 1/16 hole punch to punch 4 holes total. Then use your scissors to cut along the line you made connecting the two holes on each of the two slits.
**7. Now you have two slits in the front of your card that the latch will fit nicely into. Stick the latch through the slits and fold the unattached end around the card and score it.
**8. undo the latch and wrap the scored piece of the latch around the back of the card. Glue this little flap down.

You now have a cute latch card!!!! Part of what makes this cute is that you can see a little peek of the inside of the card since the front is one inch smaller than the back. Feel free to embelish this if you want. Also, please feel free to tweak the mesurements I made, make your latch bigger or smaller, take more off of the side of the card, whatever you want will work as long as its got a latch!

Gallery Submissions

To print this layout: - (nc means no color) If you see a small layout click on it or if you see an icon click on the words next to it.
-When the black surround screen appears click only on the layout and a white screen with the layout should appear.
-Right click and click on print from the pop up box or hold down your shift key and P key at the same time.
-Now you're ready to choose print and it should print to actual size of the card depending on your computer.
Attached Thumbnails
sc32.jpg   sc32-nc.jpg  

My work and the card sketches

Last edited by Rox71; 04-29-2009 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: added no color attachment and printing directions
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!