View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #79
YorkieMoma
Mad Swapper

Default My latest Scor-Pal Project.....

Inside View:

I made these today and here is a link to my inspiration and the person who originated the box idea:

http://notimetostamp.blogs.splitcoas...een-treat-box/

I engineered these to fit my purposes. For one thing, I used my left over card stock to make the corner pieces on the inside for more stability and instead of tying bows with the ribbon, I just pulled the corners tight and glued the ribbon down....then I hot glued a little bow with pearls to each corner. The larger, cream colored box is 5 x 5 inches and will hold 12 CD cases, but I am only putting 11 to a box as it is easier to look through the box and select the stamps I want to use!

Here are the instructions (5" box):

1] Cut 2 pieces of double sided, patterned card stock, each 5 x 12. (Note: I used plain card stock and then covered the "flaps" with patterned paper...you can go either way!)

2] Score each piece at 3.5 and 8.5.

3] Now score each piece 1" from the end, all 4 ends (this gives you the folder over "flap").

4] Fold into shape, making sure the flap ends are turned down.

5] At this point do any rubber stamping, or covering the "flaps" with patterned paper.

6] Now, using your Crop-A-Dile and making sure the "flaps" are folded down, punch holes on each side of each end, 1/2 inch and centered on the fold over the "flap". Insert eyelets into these holes and set them.

7] Lay your two pieces down, one on top of the other in a + shape, using a little tape to keep the two bottom pieces together.

8] Fold the sides up and insert ribbon and glue down on the inside. You can now add a bow or whatever embellishment you want to each corner! This is where I took 4 2x1.75 inch pieces of the left over card stock and scored at 1", folded them and glued one to each corner for stability.

The smaller box is for storing cards that I make and the only difference (besides color, etc.) is that I made it 4.75" to better fit my cards, most of which are A2.

These are handy storage solutions and they look pretty too...of course prettier designer, double-sided cardstock will make them look enen prettier!!! The cardstock that I used is quite heavy and I even glued a piece of chipboard to the bottom of each box for even more stability.

I love my Scor-Pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TFL, Pam

Last edited by YorkieMoma; 03-02-2008 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: correction
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!