Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAR08VSBN Challenges w/ Gallery Links

VSBN "TV Talk"

Welcome to VSBN "TV Talk" Main Challenge Thread.

This is where all the challenges will be posted for this VSBN. This thread will be closed to chatting but will provide the link to each of the hostesses challenges and gallery of all submissions.

CHALLENGE PAGES ARE DUE IN YOUR GALLERY
BY
Friday
March 7th, 2008
10pm (CST)

:arrow:KEYWORD: Important
Please share your hard work with us and upload to your gallery! Make sure you add the Challenge Code to your keywords (additional keywords are OK, just separate them with commas), and PLEASE post a link here in the thread. We would NOT want to miss it!

For example the KEYWORD for the first challenge is MAR08VSBNA
Every challenge will be the same except for the last letter and the "0" is a zero not a letter.

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-15-2008 at 06:08 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNA

MAR08VSBNA

Hostess: mholles (Melanie)

"Re-Runs"

Every summer (and during writer's strikes) our favorite shows go into re-runs so we can get caught up on all th episodes we might have missed.

My challenge to you is to pick one of the past weekly challenges that you might have missed. You can do the sketch challenge; the theme challenge or the diva challenge. Any one that you missed doing when it was first run.

TV Bonus Points: Be sure there is stamping somewhere on your layout.

Here is the link to Melanie's challenge: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNA

GALLERY LINK To See Pages Completed for This Challenge:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:43 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNB

MAR08VSBNB

Hostess: judi (Judi)

"American Idol"

My challenge to you is modeled after American Idol, since I live in the same city as Kellie Pickler and we had American Idol fever a few years ago in town. I decided what better than that.

American Idol is all about performing, so that's what your page needs to be about. Now there are many ways to perform, singing, drama, sports, band or yet the idea. Any type of performance.

TV Bonus Points: Since American Idol is about flash and bright lights you will need to use BLING on your page. Any kind of bling will do such as glitter, rhinestones, sequins, etc. Extra points for ribbon as well.

Here is the link to Judi's challenge: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNB

GALLERY LINK to see pages done for this challenge:

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:43 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNC

MAR08VSBNC

Hostess: garagesalediva (Rebecha)

“Lifetime Docudrama.”

The Lifetime Movie Network is one of my favorite channels. Many of the featured movies are docudramas. A docudrama is a movie based on real life events, usually dramatic in nature. A docudrama is bought to make you cry, laugh out loud, cry again, and laugh again. The emotions are usually raw and inspiring.

So, for this challenge, create a layout that documents a dramatic event or period in your life. Include journaling, please. Also, try to use papers and embellishments that add drama to your page.

Some general information about the LIFETIME DOCUDRAMA Challenge:
1. You can create a one or two page layout, in any size of your choosing.
2. You may create a layout with or without photos. The sample pages in my gallery feature one layout with photos and another without.
3. You may use any papers, colors, or embellishments that you want. (Think drama!)
4. You may journal by any method of your choosing (handwriting, computer, stickers, etc.)

BONUS POINTS:
- You will receive bonus points for this challenge if, in the description of your gallery photo, you include all of the journaling on the page(s).

Thank you for participating in my challenge. ~ Rebecha

Bring on the drama, ladies!

The link for this challenge is: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNC

GALLERY LINK to see pages submitted for this challenge:

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:44 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBND

MAR08VSBND

Hostess: arhawg (Darcy)

"Hollywood Squares" / "The Newlywed Game"

"Hollywood Squares" - Remember the game show? This challenge is to use the PROVIDED sketch to create your page.

Bonus TV Points are inspired from "The Newlywed Game" which would be to incorporate on your page things that you wish you had known about your spouse before you got married..but you can't change now! (I still a newlywed so ummm it was a little hard to incorporate quite yet....)

Here is the link to Darcy's challenge: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBND

GALLERY LINK to see pages completed for this challenge:
Attached Thumbnails
MAR08VSBN Challenges w/ Gallery Links-vsbnarhawgsketch.jpg  

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:45 AM..
Gallery Gazer

:arrow: The Preview Challenge Pages listed above were due in gallery on Wednesday, Feb 25th at 10pm(CST) for hostesses to select their Emmy choices.

Here is the link for the TV Spotlight on "And the Emmy goes to..."
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

:arrow: The Challenge Pages listed below are due in gallery on Friday, March 7th 10pm(CST) for hostesses to select their Emmy choices.

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:50 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Post MAR08VSBNE - "The Jefferson's"

MAR08VSBNE

Hostess: Salster - (Sally)

“The Jeffereson's”

Well we’re movin on up, to the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up to the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don’t fry in the kitchen;
Beans don’t burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin’ just to get up that hill.
Now we’re up in the big leagues
Gettin’ our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it’s you and me baby
There ain’t nothin wrong with that.

Well we’re movin on up, to the East Side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up to the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

A favorite old show of mine, The Jefferson's, had a great theme song called "Moving On Up". For this challenge it is a sketch in which requires arrows. Here is the sketch to follow. Give me your version of this sketch and receive BONUS points for using it to scrap some kind of accomplishment!

Movin' On Up ~ MAR08VSBNE by Salster at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my sample:
Missing ~ MAR08VSBNE by Salster at Splitcoaststampers

BONUS POINTS:
- You will receive bonus points for this challenge if using it to scrap some kind of accomplishment!

Thank you for participating in my challenge.

LINK[ for this challenge chat thread is:

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNE

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:52 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNF - �Tape It, Tivo It, DVR It�

MAR08VSBNF

Hostess: stamphappy6805 (Anita)

“Tape It, Tivo It, DVR It”

It's all about the taping or recording these days. How many of you tape, TIVO or DVR your favorite shows. I know that I certainly do. Nothing like watching my Grey's Anatomy without those pesky commercials. In honor of this great way of watching our favorite shows I would like you to use a glitter window somewhere on your page. I have included Beate's Glitter Window Tutorial. Have fun and show me your windows.

Glitter Window Tutorial
Glitter Window Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

BONUS POINTS:
- You will receive bonus points for using colored glitter on your window.

The link for this challenge is:

:arrow:KEYWORD: MAR08VSBNF

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:53 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNG - "Seinfeld"

MAR08VSBNG

Hostess: JenHoover (Jen)

Title: “Seinfeld”

For my challenge I couldn't resist channeling in some old Seinfeld episodes... of course I had to narrow them down a LOT! I have listed 3 episodes that I was able to add a scrappy twist to. Your first challenge is to pick one, then have fun!

-Bizzaro Jerry. This episode involved a very obsessed Krammer to Kenny Roaster's chicken!
If you choose this challenge try a layout about addiction. Pick a picture of yourself or something that you are "addicted" to -ie. chocolate, coffee, starbucks, apples?? and then also hone in your scrapbooking favorite and use an embellishment that you are also "ADDICTED" to.

-SEVEN! Seriously George thought that he "owned" the name SEVEN!?! too funny... so lets keep Georgey happy and create a layout using 7 different embellishments. (ie. ribbon, brads, bling, chipboard accents, flowers, metal, stickers, buttons...) whatever you choose you must use 7 of them! Pick 7 different embellies and use 7 of them. (on a layout single or double your choice)

-MAN HANDS! She had hands like a MAN! this episode CRACKS me up. If this is the challenge you choose, let's see a layout about your favorite or Least favorite body part. Whether you want to show off your cute little piggies with a perfect pedicure, or maybe you have really unique eyes... Maybe you have a nail biting habit {like me} and your fingers are your least favorite. Whatever it may be, a layout sharing some inner feelings about a certain part of you and what you either love or hate about it is the challenge on the table.

BONUS POINTS:
- You will receive bonus points for a layout that has a title-phrase that was WELL known to come from Seinfeld. For example "NO SOUP FOR YOU!

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNG

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:53 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNH - "Brady Bunch"

MAR08VSBNH

Hostess: Putri - (Savitri)

“Brady Bunch”

I loved watching TV shows when I was a little girl. I can’t remember them all but one of my favorite is the Brady Bunch. I have no idea why that show was my favorite, maybe because no matter what happened, at the end of
the show, they are once again one happy family. Now I have a family of my own, not as big of a family, but it’s mine. Like all families we’d have good and bad events happening like building our first home together,
trying to suck a bead out a 3-year-old’s nose, and birthday celebrations.

Your challenge is to think about your family and also the well known Brady Bunch intro screen. My thoughts brought me to this layout. It doesn't look Brady-ish if you just look at it but if you pay attention, the central area is actually divided into nine sections just like the intro. So here is my sketch and sample. Be creative while staying within your nine little squares. My page is a digital scrapbook page that I created using Adobe Photoshop CS3 but you can use any media, paper, digital, or hybrid, a combination of the two to complete this challenge.

For non-digital scrapbookers, do you know that if you have a color printer, you can print any digital paper or element and use it just like your other paper material? If you haven't tried it, you should. It's quite fun. On my blog: http://www.scrapbit.com, there is a page called "Useful Links." There you will find links to places that has free digital kits. Download a few pages and incorporate them into your page -- bonus points for you if you do.

For those who wants to create in digital, try creating your own textured alpha. You can find a Photoshop tutorial here:
http://www.scrapbit.com/2008/01/23/a...elementsalphas
You don't have to have CS3 to do this technique. Or, try incorporating a scalloped background paper that you created yourself.

The tutorial is here: http://www.scrapbit.com/2008/02/12/digi-tip-and-a-lo -- these are bonus points!

Credits:Paper by Corina - A Diva's Holiday from PrimaHybrid.com ; Prima by Corina ; Brads created by me using Corina's paper ; Brackets, 2, heart, scallops around heart, I, created by me using Corina's ; paper.

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNH

Attached Thumbnails
MAR08VSBN Challenges w/ Gallery Links-vsbnputri.jpg  

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:57 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNI - "Project Runway"

MAR08VSBNI

Hostess: garagesalediva - (Rebecha)

Title : "Project Runway"

On the hit reality Bravo show, Project Runway, designers often only have minutes to dash through a shop filled with wonderful fabrics, buttons, and other notions and turn them into an original and beautiful garment. They are sometimes inspired by an amazing swatch of fabric that they find in the shop.

This is an Inspiration Challenge! Use the following image of fabric swatches as your inspiration for an original layout.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...d3_800x600.jpg

Perhaps you will be inspired by the colors, designs, or interplays of the fabric.

The goals of this challenge are to:
(1) Use the fabric swatch image as inspiration in your original layout. Use the colors black/white/red or black/white/cream.
(2) Create a layout using as many sewing related products as possible: fabric swatch, ribbons, buttons, pins, beads, thread, etc.

Bonus points if you use a fabric swatch and at least three other sewing related items in your layout.

Make it work, designers!

BONUS POINTS:
- You will receive bonus points for this challenge if you use a fabric swatch and at least three other sewing 'related' items in your layout.

Thank you for participating in my challenge.

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNI

Attached Thumbnails
MAR08VSBN Challenges w/ Gallery Links-vsbnprojectrunway.jpg  

Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNJ

MAR08VSBNJ

Hostess: refinnej2 - (Jennifer)

Title: “TV Titles & Logos ”

Simple images can spark our memories of a favorite TV show. Who can look at the zip code 90210 without thinking of Brenda and Brandon?? A tic tac toe board with three girls, three boys, mom, dad, and Alice immediately brings The Brady Bunch back to your mind. A rainbow peacock let’s us know that we’re watching NBC. Well…your challenge tonight is to create a layout using the title or logo from a TV show or channel as a part of our challenge. It can be in the layout or even the title.

My sample page is my completely adorable son at baseball (Bonus points for agreeing with me that he’s just adorable LOL). I use ESPN’s Baseball Tonight logo for my title. The more realistic the logo…the more bonus points you’ll earn. Have fun and happy scrapping.

BONUS POINTS:
You will receive bonus points for this challenge if you mention how adorable Jennifer's son is (lol).
Okay well really bonus points are really for making your title or design most realistic to the actual TV show.

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNJ

Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNK

MAR08VSBNK

Hostess: Lmn - (Lela)

Title: "It's REALITY"

Some of the most popular TV shows right now are "reality" TV. Those shows that are "unscripted" and "real" people. They seem to be pretty popular so let's jump on the bandwagon. What's your "reality" right now?

My challenge to you is to scrap your MOST RECENT pictures possible. Since they are recent, you should have LOTS to say about what's going on. Therefore, hide some journaling somwehere on your page. Many of the shows are "edgy" and explore new topics so if you can, use some of your most recently purchased Scrapbook supplies.

BONUS: You willl receive bonus points for using a Reality TV Show name as your title. Be sure to put the date the pics were taken in your upload infor.

Happy Scrapping!

Here is the link to the challenge chatting thread:

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNK

GALLERY LINK To See Pages Submitted for This Challenge:

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:58 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNL

MAR08VSBNL

Hostess: tinkerbel73 - (Leah)

Title: "Digital TV"

Televsiion sest have come a long way from the original balck & white tube screens. Now there are Digital TVs. This challenge usa a digital layout. So come and let's get 'digi'.

Your challenge is to hit case one of these digi layouts showcased on SCS forum. Here is a link to a digi scrapper for you to review! You don't have to digi but will receive extra points if do!

brightrachel1008's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Scrapbook pages by cassie_lu at Splitcoaststampers
putri's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

BONUS: You willl receive bonus points for digi.

Happy Scrapping!

Here is the link to the challenge chatting thread:

:arrow:KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNL

GALLERY LINK To See Pages Submitted for This Challenge:Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNM

MAR08VSBNM

Hostess: LaurelW - (Laurel)

Title: “Imagination”

Dragon is one of my 2 year old’s favourite shows. It’s on the Treehouse TV toddler’s network.

"Set in an imaginary animal world where ostriches work in stores, mice deliver the mail and beavers snore, the series playfully explores themes that are universally identifiable to children, including wanting a friend, being afraid of the dark and trying not to eat too much candy and ice cream."

My challenge to you is to scrap an imaginary part of life. It could be something from your child's life such as their imaginary play, or their hopes and dreams for their future or let your imagination run wild and imagine what their life would be as an adult. Or it could be something that you dream of for your own life or for someone else close to you. Let your imagination run wild and have fun!

BONUS POINTS: You will receive bonus points for incorporating a children’s television show into your title!

My sample is here:
MAR08VSBNM - Mr. I. Magination by LaurelW at Splitcoaststampers

:arrow: KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNM

Gallery Gazer

Exclamation VSBN BREAK FROM 5pm(CST) - 7pm(CST)

Announcing a VSBN break time to stretch your legs, clean your craft table, and get something to eat after this challenge until
7pm (CST)

Our hostess (BakerJoe) is in Emergency Room with DH who has a sliced finger....

So see everyone at the next challenge 7pm (CST) with our hostess arinstamps for MAR08VSBNP

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 04:00 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNP

MAR08VSBNP

7pm - 9pm (CST)

Hostess: arinstamps - (Arin)

Title: "The Office"

My favorite TV show is "The Office." My challenge is to use office supplies on your page. Some things would be like paper clip, staples, tabs, folders...etc.

Bonus Points: Create an altered clipboard. I made one for my mom for Christmas and here is what I am talking about just in case you are not sure.

My sample page is here: Missoula Children's Theatre by arinstamps at Splitcoaststampers

My clipboard sample is here: Blessed Clipboard by arinstamps at Splitcoaststampers

The LINK for this challenge chat thread is: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

:arrow: KEYWORD: MAR08VSBNP

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 03:59 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Default MAR08VSBNQ

MAR08VSBNQ

9pm - 11pm (CST)

Hostess: Buckeye Stamper - (Caroline)

Title: "CNN / Happy Days"

For the last challenge of the evening you have an option between choosing one of these choices below:

1) "CNN's Bottom Line"
Yeah there's a ton of entertaining shows out there. However let's get serious on this one (not too serious). My challenge for you is to do a red & black page about anything 'newsworthy'. You must include a "Bottom Line" on your page showing the details of your story. Don't forget to include the date and time in the corner. I know is sounds alittle stiff, but you can do it. If you don't understand this than tun on CNN channel and sketch out the elements on the page and make me something that looks like that.

2) "Happy Days"
This one is a classic. Who doesn't love the FONZ, Richie, Joanie, Mrs. C, Potsy, and Ralph Malph! Travel down memory lane to Arnold's and order yourself a soda. sit down and scrapbook a page about your "Happy Days!" Happy Days must be in the title and include journaling.

My sample is here: MAR08VSBNQ CHE by Buckeye Stamper at Splitcoaststampers

GALLERY LINK for pages submitted for this challenge are here: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

The link for this challenge chat thread is:Forums at Splitcoaststampers

:arrow: KEYWORD:MAR08VSBNQ

Last edited by Luv2Smile; 03-04-2008 at 04:01 AM..
Gallery Gazer

Great challenges ladies!

Great fun had by all!

Great pages created!!

Remember you have until Friday, March 7th at 10pm (CST) to upload your pages in the gallery for hostesses selections. If you have any questions or concerns you can post them on the TV Talk Chatting thread or PM me.