View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
camsmom
SCS Moderator

Default WHAT FORUM DO I POST TO???(or how to keep your threads from being moved)

Okay-you probably have not noticed, but MANY people are posting almost everything to 3 forums:
General Discussion
Everyday Chit Chat
Demo Chit Chat (if you are a demo)

Then I (and the other mods/administrators) need to go through and move things around, and then answer the people who say
"Hey-Where did my post go?"

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO here is a reminder:

Start Here-a place for new members to introduce themselves and the veterans to welcome them in. I always love seeing new people who live near me.

Announcements-BIG announcements go here-Breaking News as it were about the site or SU, or stamping in general.

General Discussion-a catch all for when you want to talk stamping but no other category seems right

Weekly Challenges-keep up with all the wonderful challenges posted here

Stampin' 101-this is a great place to ask questions like what is the difference between _______ and ____________, or how do I ____________ (emboss, use aquapainters, etc.)

Techniques and Templates-a more specific area for actual how to's with directions/patterns/templates

Swaps-well, for swapping (and read the great guidelines for members and the hostesses there-really helpful)

Everyday Chit Chat-TV, current events, funny things that go on in your life that aren't Stamping related

Buy/Sell/Trade-um, obvious I think-please make sure to read the BST guidelines BEFORE posting

Site Suggestions & Questions-WOW-for many people they neglect this section-so knock the dust off of it and check it out when you have a problem here on the boards of a technical nature. I know Jenn, Beate, and Daven all check this area frequently to see where there are isues-and this is the right forum in which to do so. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE look through the section a bit before starting a new thread-you may have a similar issue that others have gotten responses to already that could be just the ticket to help you out.

I am going to be merging a lot of threads together, a cool new feature of the site. So if two (or more) people start topics that are the same, they will be put into one thread together. It is time consuming to do, but will help responses to similar situations or questions stay together. To help us out, please poke around and do some searching if you think a question you have might have been asked or answered already.

I am also busy moving things to the right/appropriate forums. If you think your post has been moved, click on your name and then bring you your profile. You can see what threads you have started or posted to and check to see where they might be now in case they are moved or merged.

Thanks so much!!!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!