View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #135
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you everyone for the kind words of encouragement and the tips from those who have been through this. Today is not a good day as my white count is going down and I should hit bottom by tomorrow night. I m exhausted and I am not doing anything. Mouth sores are back as before and thrush is beginning. But at least this round I kind of know what to expect. They did say that I would experience the same bad things probably on the same days as the first round. So far it is right on.

I miss my kids and grandkids so much. They have all returned to their home states now. I just miss them so very much. I know they are coming back in a few months at various times, but it seems like forever.

Joyce, I am a bit worried about the second half of treatment too. They change the kind of chemo and the side affects are what I already have – neuropathy and bone and muscle pain. I asked what to do if the neuropathy comes back and was told to stop immediately as the pain would likely be permanent. Not good. I take a ton of Neurontin now as it is. I guess I should just wait and see.

I will try and avoid the trip to the ER this time. They said that the Neulasta makes my body produce while cells faster. But one area where it is made is the lower back. Because I had back surgery there 2 years ago, and because of the lupus, my lower back becomes an area of attack. So they said to start taking pain meds tonight and continue through Thursday and that may keep me at home at least.

I am also keeping a written chemo journal. It helps to go back and read what happened and also to refresh my “chemo” brain when I see the DR.

Thank you everyone for the support. Cyber support is as important to me any other. Especially from women I have never met but who care.

Oh, I am actually getting used to looking at my bald head. No dents or divots. It actually feels nice too. What am I saying – I have no hair!!!!

Hugs to all of you.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!