Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow SBDD08 {Chatting and Scrapping Friends of Darcy} 1.04.08

Happy New Year! Welcome to our first Scrapbook Diva Designer Challenge for 2008!!

This January is a very important month to the Scrapbook Challenge Creative Team. One of the leaders of our team is getting hitched this month!! Yup, Miss Darcy will be Mrs., and we are all so excited for her!

Today, as a special wedding gift from us, we are so delighted to surprise Darcy, better known on SCS as arhawg, with a whole Diva Crew of Darcy�s chatting and scrapping friends!

Now don�t panic, Darcy!! The best thing about it is that you don�t have to do a thing!
You�ve put so much time and work into making the Scrapbook Challenge Forum an inspiration for all of us - it is my pleasure to present these Divas who wanted to honor you by taking part in the challenge.

All you need to do is sit back and put your feet up � okay, your to-do list might not let you do that.... But you�ll have scrapping time again after the honeymoon, and we hope you�ll be able to use these Diva layouts as some scraplifting inspiration.

Please, everyone join me in giving a huge welcome to these exceptionally sweet and creative members of SCS:

Diana {princessdi69}
Donna {sapphire1968}
Melanie {mholles}
Melissa {mclifford973}
Peggy {Favorite Grandma}
Renee {Furph's wife}
Sally {Salster}
Tracy {stampin-sunnychick}
Yami {Yami}

Welcome, welcome Diva Designers! It is so much fun to get to know you better as Divas this week and to use your awesome layouts for inspiration.

Everyone is welcome to please participate in the challenge! Check out the samples from the Divas and join in the scraplift fun! You might be inspired by the placement in their layouts, or the colors and patterns, or the theme of the photos � whatever motivates you to create! And be sure to post Darcy good luck wishes and congratulations as she prepares to tie the knot in a couple of weeks!!

Remember to post a link here to your scrapping creation so that we can all ooh and ahhhh, and don�t forget to type in SBDD08 for the Keyword when you upload (that�s a zero in there, not the letter O). ;)

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBDD08

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your questions in this thread.

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:17 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Default Diva: My Favorite Grandma

Peggy could not be here today, so she asked me to post this for her:

I was very excited when Jennie asked me to post in her SBDD, great timing since I've taken a break from the SBVC's. My guest hostesses have been doing an awesome job!

My husband of 34 years and I lived in the Midwest where we raised our two daughters. In August of 2003, we moved to Florida after his retirement to escape the cold and be closer to our youngest DD that had moved here to work at Walt Disney World. Since then our oldest DD and granddaughter have also moved to Florida. We couldn't be happier to have them only 10 minutes away.

I've always kept some type of scrapbook. I became more interested when the photo safe and paper craft materials became more readily available. Most of my scrapping hours are spent doing pages on our adventures with our granddaughter, Katie whom we babysit. Once in a while I will go back and do older pictures, but I find them more of a challenge.

I have been a guest hostess for the weekly SBTC, a challenge hostess during VSBN and was the January 2007 VSBN coordinator.

Besides babysitting Katie and scrapping I quilt, sew and am active in our church.

I started chatting with Darcy when I started doing more of the Scrapbook challenges in early 2006. We got to know Darcy better when she came to Florida last July and stayed with us. We want to wish Darcy and Scott all the best in their life together.

And here is a layout from Peggy to use as scraplifting inspiration for the week:
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD08 {Chatting and Scrapping Friends of Darcy} 1.04.08-peggys-diva-layout.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #3  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Smile Honoring Darcy (our sweet, sweet girl)!

Hello Scrampers...preparing for this day just almost brings tears to my eyes and it's not even time for the wedding. WE have all been here with our girl Darcy as she and Scott began their beautiful relationship and anticipating a proposal. Darcy is a wonderful friend...so caring and thoughtful and the girl will do anything for you even from miles and miles away. She has been my rock many times as I have worked with the scrapbook challenges. I couldn't have done it all without her.

Of course, our meeting was simple...CHATTING on SCS! as I'm sure most of you met her in the same way. But chatting and getting to know Darcy was just like getting to know a new sister. I immediately felt comfortable with her and we chatted like we had known each other for years. I have Stampalicious to thank for my start with the SBC's (of course I asked to help. lol) and from working with the challenges my great friend Darcy and I blossomed a super sweet friendship.

To the Happy Couple:
Always put your love for each other and your love for God first. Everything else will fall into place. Throughout life's trials and tribulations...PRAY! Always look to God for answers. Be patient and understanding with each other. Do not take each other for granted. Remember to be appreciative and supportive. Those little things that you do for each other will mean so much over the years. Go out on date nights even when life gets busy. Love with all of your heart and enjoy your new life together...Oh and in a few years make us all Aunt's!!! *wink*

Little D I love ya girl! I wish you all the happiness your heart can hold (and the same to your DH to be!). Scott, thanks for putting up with D's SCS family!

For my inspiration:

I chose some Wedding pages from my ongoing album...(I know we won't have to wait six years for Darcy to complete her album.)

Unity (R&T) INSPIRATION #1

best wishes (R&T) INSPIRATION #2

I apologize for the stinky photography...my camera and I are in the midst of a battle and it seems to be winning. :rolleyes:
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 01-04-2008 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Wow do I feel honored.

I met my husband at work 20 years old. I said to my friend at the time that is my future husband. We have been married for the past 13 years and have two wonderful and energetic boys.

I started scrapbooking about 10 years ago when it was all new to this area. I made my very first album for my parents. Thank goodness my style has changed since then.. hehehe

I am a stay at home mom. I really enjoy watching the boys get off the bus. It makes my heart jump and makes me smile. (well until they start arguing).

I found Splitcoast by searching the internet for ideas. I love this site and enjoy talking with all the girls I have met since coming here. I can not remember when Darcy and I started talking. It has been a blast chatting with her and "watching" as she plans her wedding. It brings back so many memories...

So I would like to say Good Luck Darcy and Scott. I hope you have wonderful Wedding Day and Best Wishes for a Lifetime full of happy memories.

here is my inspiration page:

SBTC68 We're Engaged by princessdi69 at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by princessdi69; 01-04-2008 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was so excited when Jennie asked us to participate in the Diva challenge as a suprise to our Darcy. For a little wedding inspiration I want to share a layout I did during the last VSBN. The layout is my niece, Hannah, and brother, Jim, at a wedding they participated in.

wedding by mholles at Splitcoaststampers

I started scrapbooking when my first niece was born. Now three nieces and one nephew later I'm a scrapbooking fool. The kids live in MI and SD, so my sisters-in-law keep me update with lots of photos. My DH and I live in NC. I get to do lots of layouts of DH's bike racing and our 4 cats.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage Darcy, and I wish you all the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Ohhh I get to be a Diva!! How exciting especially to be with this group of talented ladies

I have been married to my dh for 16 yrs we have 3 kids (whom you see on most of all my scrap pages
Believe it or not I began scrapbooking about 12 yrs ago when my first baby was born. My sister introduced me to a friend of hers that sold another product and I was hooked. My style has since changed and I hope evolved, but could still sometimes use some help. Later I came across Stampin Up and liked them very much, but couldn't afford much and didn't do to much with stamping until after we moved from NJ to Atlanta. A few months after we moved was 9/11, SU came out with the God Bless America stamp and I had to have it. I met my current demo and even signed up under her for a little bit, but now I enjoy scrapping on my own and using what I have. Which is my goal for this year to use what I have and think about what I am buying before spending. After all I did purchase what I have for a reason so why not use it!

I met Darcy on the scrapbooking forums when I got into doing the scrapbooking challenges. I don't get in as much as I used to, but Darcy is always there to welcome everyone who comes along. It is nice to know that Darcy is always there. It is so exciting to see that Darcy is getting married and all her plans. I pray that she has a lifetime of love happiness and joy in her marriage. Remember Darcy to put God first then Scott then others! Keep God in the middle and He will get you through the rough patches!

Enjoy and Best of luck May you have many happy wonderful joyous years!

The page I did is my dd learning to ride 2 wheel and it inspired me for Darcy cause Life really is a Journey with all different stages and phases. Embrace this part of the ride! and if you fall down get right back up and keep on keeping on! :mrgreen:
SBC08J Ride Kara ride by Furph's wife at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #7  
Scrappy Chef

Congratulations and Best Wishes to Mr. and Mrs. Sexton!!! Hurray!!

Darcy I know you said no rice tossing at the wedding but I can toss away here!!!

*******Rice Toss**********

My name is Melissa and I met Darcy here online just over a year ago. We all have watched this new love bloom everyday and I know I am very excited to see it progress throughout time.

I am somewhat new to scrapbooking, but am finding that I love it so much! SCS is so full of inspirations and new friends to help me learn.

Cooking has always been a favorite hobby of mine and attached is some inspiration to put your cooking pages together! This is only one of a couple pages that I've actually combined stamping and scrapbooking, but I found it really fun.
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD08 {Chatting and Scrapping Friends of Darcy} 1.04.08-chef-page-001_edited-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #8  
CraZy Cat Lady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink My Gal PAL Darcy

Darcy's been a member here longer than most of us, but we started chatting in February 2006 and have become GREAT friends! I went to pay her a visit with my girls last January, just a few days shy of a year ago, and I'm SUPER excited to be attending her wedding on the 19th!!!
You all know me...heck, you all know Darcy! ;) She started the RAK list and she's Coordinated a past VSBN too!
I'm sharing a layout I did that Darcy inspired. In last January's VSBN Darcy was a hostess and her challenge was to make a page with the viewmaster technique. The only stamping I did was the title. :mrgreen:
Sweet Syd
I do to use stamping in my layouts though. So here is a recent favorite that I stamped with bleach for the background images and then stamped over them with craft ink (my favorite type)!!! She's Out
Feel free to use either layout if you wish, but my challenge to you is to try stamping with bleach!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

HOLY SMOKERS! WOW...what an exciting list of Diva's you put together this week, Jennie! I will have some fun with my goal of a layout a day in Jan. with all these wonderful Diva's to be inspired by. CONGRATS Darcy and Scott...we all luv ya!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK so sorry I'm late. LIfe kinda got away from me and then I looked and the time..yikes!

Hi ladies, my name is Donna and I’m been scrapping for about 4 year now. I started when we made a major move from MA to SC so I could be a SAHM. I didn’t start using stamps on my pages until I was introduced to SU about 3 years ago. I mainly use stamps for my titles and for background paper but will also make my own embellishment with a stamp if I have the right one available for the theme of my page.

I started chatting with Darcy in July of 06, right before the VSBN that she was coordinating. I’m happy to be able to say we were fast friends, sharing our lives together in the scrappers chat threads. I find it so interesting that people who have never met in person can be such great friends, but that was us. I was thrilled when, in late Aug of 07, I was able to meet her in real life. She and her family came to Myrtle Beach for a week and she stayed with me just about the entire time. We had a blast and my boys loved having her, as well as Melanie (mholles) here. I’m also thrilled to be able to attend her wedding later this month. She is such a fun person, full of energy and such a great friend.
Darcy, as you start down this next chapter of your life, I hope it brings you as much joy and happiness as you deserve, and then some. Congratulations my friend!

I will upload my page to my gallery a bit later as I'm pressed for time at the moment but here's the attachment for now.
Thanks!

edited to add link to the page now that it's uploaded:
Just another day at the beach by sapphire1968 at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD08 {Chatting and Scrapping Friends of Darcy} 1.04.08-dsc02752.jpg  

Last edited by sapphire1968; 01-04-2008 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: posting link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

I know, Erika!! Isn't this an awesome group?

And a huge congratulations from me to you, Darcy!!
I was lucky enough to hostess for your VSBN last year, and I've enjoyed the challenges you've been a part of my whole time at SCS. I hope you're surprised by your Honorary Diva Crew, and I hope you know how much you mean to all of us here!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #12  
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!
Talking

OH MY WORD! You all are way too sneaky! and when Ellie asked pm'd me to check out the diva challenge and see what I thought I was like okay she must be trying something new...

You all... I have tears (happy ones!) running down my face! You all are so AWESOME! THANK YOU! I am going to have to call Scott and tell him to check his email...I will email him the link to get here so he can read this...

Thank you all again! We are so excited actually when I talked to Scott earlier today he said it was coming soon...which is the FIRST time he has said that! He just says that is SO FAR AWAY...

I am SO EXCITED to be able to see Donna and Sally again and to be able to meet Mama T for the first time! (those are the ones that I know for SURE are going to be here for the wedding)...I just wish that EVERYONE could be here...

Thank you all so so so so so so so much!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! (and my family doesn't think I gots friends...HA! I got friends all over the country!) The bestest friends at that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #13  
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!

I sent the link here to scott and he read it...I had to kinda explain things abit... but he says THANK YOU!!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #14  
CraZy Cat Lady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*snif, snif* oh Darcy, you're the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #15  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalsterView Post
*snif, snif* oh Darcy, you're the best!
nah... just ask my family:rolleyes: :p ;) :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

First off... I would like to say to Darcy (& Scott of course) CONGRATS... GOOD LUCK... RELAX... & ENJOY... My wedding day was pretty crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. And the awesome thing about getting married and still being married for over 23 years (Like me!) is all the wonderful Anniversaries that you have to share together. That is why I have chosen to post my starting page to my new scrapbook of the cruise that my DH & I went on for our 10th anniversary. (Ya...Ya... I'm a little behind). Anyway the cruise was awesome and here is my post for all to enjoy...

Gone Crusin'
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #17  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking To Darcy...

Here's my DSP for "Darcy's Challenge". That's probably a good title because marriage is the same. For any challenge you start off strong but then it gets a little more difficult to be enthused as you go on. My advice to you and Scott is to keep remembering why you wanted to say "I do". It will make the journey much easier.

This May, I will have been married for 20 years! Sometimes it seems like forever and other times, I wonder where the time went. I can't imagine my life without my DH (& sons). I try to remember to tell him I love him daily, saying it outloud, reminds me of that too, LOL! My favorite song is "You're Still the One!" I wish that for you too 20 years from now Congrats!

Together

Last edited by Lmn; 01-05-2008 at 12:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Yea Darcy and Scott!! Congrats!! Best wishes for a happily ever after!!

My first album I ever scrapped was my wedding and honeymoon album. Not something I recommend to the beginning scrapbooker as I was. I look back now and this wow...I was a bad scrapbooker!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

thank you for posting for me Jennie!

I posted my page in my gallery

lift me please
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 03:25 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

These pages are awesome! Lots of great inspiration!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Peggy

I CASE'd Peggy's layout... she's always my Diva!! Love, love. love her scrappin' style and she always inspires me to step out of the box!

SBDD08 On Strike by BonitaKat at Splitcoaststampers

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Oops...forgot!

I forgot to say "Congratulations" to Darcy!!

Darcy, I hope you have a fantastic wedding day and may God bless you and Scott in the years to come!

Bonita

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2008, 06:14 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, all! Resurrecting the first diva challenge thread - I'm catching up! Here's my first pg - it's lifted from Melanie's l/o
Toronto Islands Adventure:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes