View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking 2008 Scrappin' CHALLENGE!

Scrappin' Challenge 2008

It was SO fun to see everyone's goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2008! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

With that in mind, I thought I would invite all of you to a 2008 Scrapbook Challenge! Oh what fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends.

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person will post what their scrapbook page goal is for January. We will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month. Along with the scrapbook page goal for January, decide what your scrapping budget will be for that month.

The REAL CHALLENGE is to complete your monthly scrapbook page goal before you spend any of your scrapping budget for the month. For instance if 10 pages & $30 is my scrapping goals for January, I will need to complete 10 scrapbook pages before I spend any $$ on new scrap supplies & I'll try to only spend $30. The 2nd part of the challenge is to put into savings the same amount as you spend on scrapping supplies. If I spend all $30 of my Scrapping $$ budget in January, then I would want to put $30 in my savings account at the end of the month.

You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 15 pages & $25, 25 pages & $100 or 6 pages & $15....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget.
Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar and spending for the month. For instance, some of us will have higher spend budget in January because of new catties out from SU! / CTMH / TAC or February for SU! Sale-A-Bration special ... you get the idea.

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done, use more in our stash before buying new (well at least keep track) and save $$ at the same time which becomes scrapping budget $ for next year -- or vacation money or Holiday fund! I've belonged to one of these challenges before and it was alot of fun!

Money spent on Adhesive and Printing Pictures is not included in the monthly scrapping budget. We'll count pages 7x7 & up = 1 page for 1 page completed, 6x6 & smaller = 2 pages for 1 page completed.

We'll also have "bonus points"! Each challenge participant will get BONUS points for a variety of things each month - using a coupon, going over page goal, completing posted mini-challenges, uploading all pages to gallery, etc...

FAQ - what happens if I spend $$ before completing Page Goal? LOL! Well, you just go back to square 1. If page goal is 10 pages/$30 and I complete 5 pages and find the most adorable paper at the LSS then I start over at 0 pages trying to complete all 10 before I spend more $$. Remember, this is a challenge, all for FUN!

Each month we'll post the CHALLENGE WINNER & the Bonus Points Leader. Everyone is encouraged to upload their layouts to their galleries and link the page to the thread so we can "oohh" and "ahh" over everyone's pages. The idea though is for EVERYONE to WIN by Completing Our Scrapping Goals -- get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

Are you UP for the CHALLENGE? Come and Play in the 2008 Scrapbook Challenge! Happy New Year! Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends!

Your first post to the thread will be January Goal for how many pages you're going to complete and what your spending budget will be. Remember, the CHALLENGE is to complete the PAGES with the stash you have BEFORE you spend any $money$. At the end of the month, put into savings a matching amount for what you spent on scrapping supplies.

We'll start January 1 so if you have any "supplies" (other than adhesive or pictures) you just have to HAVE, make sure you get them soon!

We'll take Sign Ups for January until January 5
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!