View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #111
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Thank you so much everyone. You make me want to cry. We don't know each other (in person) but we care. I feel so humbled by the love and support.

Believe it or not I actually have GOOD NEWS today. The radiology oncologist said I probably do not need radiation after the chemo ends. Whew!!! She said that even thought the tumor was large, the margins were clear. Plus she said it would cause a lot of problems with healing and infections from my lupus. There was another DR there that also agreed that he would not recommend it either.

So I am now just facing 4-6 months of chemo but no radiation after it. I should have my hair growing back sometime in the summer then.

I had the chest muscles stretched again today and my pain level is pretty high right now. But I am so relieved that there will be no radiation. I just hope they made the right decision. She said that having radiation would only change my survival rate by about 2% and the potential side affects out weighed benefits.

Thanks again for the kind words of encouragement.
Yee haw!

So, I don't have to bother sending the year's worth of hats I picked up for you?

(Got your card. Your note made my day.

When the heck did you find time to stamp?)

Many hugs and LOTS of chocolate!

Rainsong