Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow SBDD05 Lizzie Anne Designs DT 12.14.07

Are the holidays making you crazy?
Do you need some time to yourself? Time to relax and have some fun?
Well, you’ve come to the right place!

Please join me in giving a warm welcome to these fun and fabulous members of the Lizzie Anne Designs Design Team:

Meridith Ethington - Meridith*Anne
Tricia Ulberg - Lizzie
Joslyn Nielson - stampinjos
Kendra Wietstock - Kendra
Jen Allen - allenjeni

Welcome, Diva Designers! We are thrilled to have you here this week.

I was in awe when I visited the website and their blogs! There is some serious creativity in these ladies, and they are so sweet. I am so excited to have them for scrapping inspiration this week!

To participate in the challenge: put the answering machine on, get a babysitter for the little ones, and gain some inspiration from these talented guests - and be sure to type in SBDD05 for the Keyword when you upload (that’s a zero in there, not the letter O).

To get to know Lizzie Anne Designs better, make sure you visit the Lizzie Anne Designs Member Company forum right here on SCS, and meet the rest of the Design Team at their website here.

Thanks to everyone for joining in the challenge! Be sure to post a link here to your creation so that we can all ooh and ahhhh ;)

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBDD05

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your questions in this thread.

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog

Last edited by elliesmom; 12-14-2007 at 04:58 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Default SBDD05_Meridith

Hi there! We are so excited to join in today! When Jennie emailed me and asked if we were interested in doing this, I was ecstatic! When it comes to papercrafting, my first love is scrapbooking and I have been doing it with stamping for years and years. I love using stamps on my scrapbook pages. There is so much you can do and so much versatility. I especially love it because believe it or not, it actually saves me money. ☺ I�m one of those people that hoardes patterned paper. I buy it, and then I can�t bring myself to cut it up. I know�I�m crazy. Then the paper sits and sits and then either goes out of style or I don�t fancy it anymore.

I love to create my own patterned paper�from the extremely simple to the more complex, with textures and distressing. I love to use that patterned paper in my layouts. What�s great is that by using stamps, I can reuse them over and over again, slightly alter a pattern or style I�ve made before�and then I�m not wasting money. Plus, it�s just so much fun to play with and experiment with stamps!

For the page I�m showing you today, I wanted to show something bright and cheery�and warm! It�s freezing here and I�m already tired of the cold. I�m ready for summer again. ☺ I often like to do 8x8 pages. It�s a little less intimidating for me to do, and often quicker too. I started trying a new technique (to me anyway) a year or so ago�sanding the edges of the photos. I always felt I needed to mount my photos on every page I ever did. My photos felt naked without it. My friend Joey showed me that by sanding the edges of my photos, it kind of gives it a border�and no need for mounting. I fell in love with this technique, not only because I liked the look of it, but also because I saved myself some cardstock. ☺

So my little challenge for you this week is to try sanding the edges of your photos if you haven�t ever tried it. It adds a bit of fun texture to your page. Or, if you like, try doing the same layout. Have fun, and be sure when you upload your pics to label them as SBDD05_Meridith.

Thanks so much for joining us, we are thrilled to be here!
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD05 Lizzie Anne Designs DT 12.14.07-summerfun_mer.jpg  

My Blog | www.lizzieannedesigns.com

Last edited by Meridith*Anne; 12-14-2007 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Whoo hoo!
Welcome, welcome, Meridith!!
So glad to have your team here as Divas this week!

I'm going to start posting for some of the Divas who couldn't be here just yet

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliesmomView Post
Whoo hoo!
Welcome, welcome, Meridith!!
So glad to have your team here as Divas this week!

I'm going to start posting for some of the Divas who couldn't be here just yet
Thanks Jennie!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

From Diva Tricia Ulberg:

I have become a hybrid scrapbooker�meaning that I like to combine digital scrapbooking, traditional �paper� scrapbooking, and stamping. My Paris page is a good example of a hybrid page. This page is dedicated to my college Europe-trip�we spend a day in Paris and these are photos of my study-abroad group!

First, I arranged a collage in Photoshop and added some Digital Elements (borders, the type overlay, etc.) I knew I wanted to call out that picture of me on the boat, so I made a second photo with me cropped in (the one where I�m blowing everyone a French kiss�. ;) After I had my photos printed, I STAMPED on them! Yes, this is my favorite way to use stamps on scrapbooking pages. Water-based stamp ink adheres very well photo paper�and stamping on top of your photos works great! I dare say it works better than trying rub-ons or other embellishments�plus you can choose your ink color! If you look at my photo collage, the things I stamped are the swirly border around some of the photos, the little swirl embellishment, and I stamped the frame right on top of that second, cropped photo of me. Turned out cute!

Next, I took some patterned paper and the Fleur di Lis stamp and enhanced the patterned paper by stamping on top of it. This is another thing I like doing with stamps on my pages�changing my patterned paper to more closely fit the theme of my page by stamping a pattern on top of the existing pattern. This works great for more subtle-themed patterned papers. I layered my patterned paper with some cream paper, and then I stamped the page with the Paris title, added some more stamped corners and other stamped elements, added a little bling with the jewel brads (because after all, this is a Paris page so it calls for a little bling.)

Page Supplies:

Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs �Ooh La La� and "Chloe Alphabet" stamp sets
Patterned paper: Fancy Pants Designs �Dreamer�
Ink: SU Basic Black, Lavender, and Real Rose
Jewel Brads: SEI
Cream Cardstock
White Gel Pen
Brown Grosgrain Ribbon
Digital Elements: The Shabby Shoppe

Tricia's challenge: try and stamp directly on to your photographs!
Water-based inks work great on photo paper.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Hi scrappers and scrappin hopefuls. I am a little rusty in the
scrapbooking area. I need a little kick in the rear to get me going so
that I don't fall too far behind in my scrappin.
I started scrapbooking about 10 years ago and I have used stamps from
the beginning to create my layouts. To me, scrapbooking marries my
passions perfectly: stamping, paper crafting and photography.

So, for my layout today I wanted to focus on a couple of things:

1. pick a main image plus 3 supporting smaller images.
2. stamp your background paper. (I never really bought patterned
paper until this year. I always make my own when I scrapbook.)

That�s it. There is my challenge for you. I can't wait to see what you come up
with.

You can see my layout here. I would love if you used the same sketch.
I love to see the same sketch with so many different outcomes. Label
you challenges SBDD05_joslyn .

Wahoo! And have fun.
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD05 Lizzie Anne Designs DT 12.14.07-divachallengeweb480new.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

From Diva Jen Allen:

Hello All! I'm very excited to be participating in this scrapping challenge!! I've been away from scrapping for a couple of years-but now my baby is almost 3 and I really want to get back into the "fun" of scrapbooking!! I really want to have fun and not feel overwhelmed when I sit down to create. So, I'm hoping I can keep going on these challenges! I've been a stamper for about 7 years now...and I have purchased more "stuff" that I think I can ever use! (are there any of you like me....that hoard crafting things..."what if I can't find it anymore"...please say I'm not alone!) And although I have more "stuff" than I can ever use, I really like to make layouts that are about the photo(s) involved and not about what is on the page. I like to add "stuff" on cards more than when I scrapbook, I really am just about telling the story being captured in the photo. Which is why I LOVE stamping in my scrapbooks!! Ink doesn't add bulk (embossing powder might..but not enough to worry about), and I have a world at my fingertips! I love being able to use stamps as inspiration for a page or layout! I love making my embellishments--that coordinate perfectly with other images or are at times the same images I've used as background paper or something like that.

This layout is of my son with Santa last Christmas. He was so excited to see him, and I think this Santa was one of the most beautiful I've been to visit!! Anyway, I wanted to capture the fact that Myles is growing up and getting bigger-I had him write on the layout...he was SO excited to "be part" of my work! I'm hoping that we can keep getting similar photos and have him help me with the layout again...to watch how his penmanship improves and such....but I love the photo and was so excited to get it ready to show Myles...he loved it!!

So, with all the fun products we have available...I challenge you to stick with your paper, ink, stamps, and minimal embellishments....see how "simple" and fun it can be!!

thanks!
Jen

www.allenjeni.blogspot.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Welcome, Joslyn!!
Thank you for the fun layout to scraplift!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks it is so fun to be here. I am starting to feel the bug to get back into scrappin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:30 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

From Diva Kendra Wietstock:

Hey There,
My name is Kendra Wietstock & I am Mom to two wonderful kids ~ Megan
and Matt. I started scrapbooking when my daughter was 10 months old and was instantly hooked on this new hobby. I remember searching for hours for
just the right sticker for my page ~ now the thought just gives me
shivers! When I was first invited to a stamping workshop, I promised
myself that I would NOT get into stamping ~ I would only buy paper.
Then I decided that well I could buy an alphabet because you never run
out of M's with stamps. Then I thought, "Hmmmmm...I could make some
birthday cards." Well, I'm sure you can guess that my scrapbooking
hobby soon exploded into the stamping world. I love using stamps on my
pages because you always have the right color, the perfect pattern
paper, a matching embellishment, and there is never a shortage of the
letter M.

I love clean lines and easy pages ~ so that is my challenge to you.

You can find more of my scrapbook pages on my blog at
http://kendrawietstock.blogspot.com/...l/Scrapbooking

Jennie's Note:
This is one of Kendra's pages - I think it's adorable!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

WOW! It's a 5 Challenge week from the Divas!
Definitely a good week to sneak away from the kids while someone else is watching them :lol:

Thank you to all the divas for the great inspiration

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliesmomView Post
From Diva Jen Allen:

Hello All! I'm very excited to be participating in this scrapping challenge!! I've been away from scrapping for a couple of years-but now my baby is almost 3 and I really want to get back into the "fun" of scrapbooking!! I really want to have fun and not feel overwhelmed when I sit down to create. So, I'm hoping I can keep going on these challenges! I've been a stamper for about 7 years now...and I have purchased more "stuff" that I think I can ever use! (are there any of you like me....that hoard crafting things..."what if I can't find it anymore"...please say I'm not alone!) And although I have more "stuff" than I can ever use, I really like to make layouts that are about the photo(s) involved and not about what is on the page. I like to add "stuff" on cards more than when I scrapbook, I really am just about telling the story being captured in the photo. Which is why I LOVE stamping in my scrapbooks!! Ink doesn't add bulk (embossing powder might..but not enough to worry about), and I have a world at my fingertips! I love being able to use stamps as inspiration for a page or layout! I love making my embellishments--that coordinate perfectly with other images or are at times the same images I've used as background paper or something like that.

This layout is of my son with Santa last Christmas. He was so excited to see him, and I think this Santa was one of the most beautiful I've been to visit!! Anyway, I wanted to capture the fact that Myles is growing up and getting bigger-I had him write on the layout...he was SO excited to "be part" of my work! I'm hoping that we can keep getting similar photos and have him help me with the layout again...to watch how his penmanship improves and such....but I love the photo and was so excited to get it ready to show Myles...he loved it!!

So, with all the fun products we have available...I challenge you to stick with your paper, ink, stamps, and minimal embellishments....see how "simple" and fun it can be!!

thanks!
Jen

www.allenjeni.blogspot.com

Jeni-
I love that you had your son write on your layout. What a fabulous way to capture his stage in life. So cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

These are all really cute layouts!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is going to be fun! Now I just need a little time to get down to my craft room...Thanks for all the wonderful challenges, ladies!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

I am starting to really love Friday at SCS!! Hopefully (fingers crossed) I will be able to spend some time scrappin' this weekend! Thank you ladies for the fantastic challenges!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #16  
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meridith*AnneView Post
These are all really cute layouts!
They ARE!!! Welcome ladies, and I am hopeful that my weekend will include some scrappin' time!!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Ladies! What fabulous layouts you posted!!!!

My user name here is kendra (original huh?). I thought I would also post the link to my SCS Gallery - there are some scrapbook pages in there as well ~ www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/kendra.

Have a wonderful week scrapbooking girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #18  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Yay, Kendra! You made it
Welcome and thank you for the inspiration and challenge!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

I completed a page that qualifies for Tricia's (stamped on the photo), Jen's (used cardstock, stamps, minimal embellishments), and Joslyn's (use main image and 3 supporting...make pp) challenges. It was a lot of fun...thanks ladies!
My Daughter

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 09:39 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by slprunningView Post
I completed a page that qualifies for Tricia's (stamped on the photo), Jen's (used cardstock, stamps, minimal embellishments), and Joslyn's (use main image and 3 supporting...make pp) challenges. It was a lot of fun...thanks ladies!
My Daughter
Fabulous!!! I really LOVE the paper you created...it's gorgeous! Of course, I love the pics too! Love it all...thanks for joining in on the fun with us.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

how fun!! good morning everyone!! i know a lot of you are just going to bed...and i'ts now 9:00 am here! I just wanted to stop by and say hello and how fun to have these great challenges!! I'm hoping that after the holiday to make a commitment to get at least 2 layouts done a week...so i think these challenges are a great thing for me!! thanks for letting me play!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Welcome, Jeni!

So excited you're a Diva with us this week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Awesome challenges! I hope to get a chance to play tomorrow! I can't wait to try the photo sanding technique.

I really like the new format for the challenges. I think having guest Diva Designers introduces new or different ideas and helps stimulate our creativity. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

My Daughter
so cute. i love your page and great job combining all the challenges.

thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's my page for Meridith's challenge - sand the edge of your pictures; this is such a great technique, but I don't think to do it very often.

Sassy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favorite GrandmaView Post
here's my page for Meridith's challenge - sand the edge of your pictures; this is such a great technique, but I don't think to do it very often.

Sassy
Peggy...your page is WONDERFUL! Great job..I like how the sanded edges of the photo look!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's mine for Meridith's challenge. Thank you for the wonderful challenges!
Adore

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Here's mine for Meridith's challenge. Thank you for the wonderful challenges!
Adore
love the colors Erika. It definatley has a rustic feel. so cute. the sanding goes great with the whole page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Great pages Peggy and Ericka!!! I love them both!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

I've been working on a clipboard photo holder for my mother. Meridith Anne's challenge to sand the edges was a perferct finish! Thank you so much, Meridith I just love this look! I have to do it again soon.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's my page for Tricia's challenge - stamp on your photographs

balance
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Wow.. What a great inspirational crew... Here is my page...

Summer Fun
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2007, 09:13 AM   #34  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

These are all awesome!!
I'm going to be sanding pictures soon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #35  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by arinstampsView Post
I've been working on a clipboard photo holder for my mother. Meridith Anne's challenge to sand the edges was a perferct finish! Thank you so much, Meridith I just love this look! I have to do it again soon.

Cute! I left a comment for you in your gallery. Yes, I've become quite fond of the sanding technique...great job!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favorite GrandmaView Post
here's my page for Tricia's challenge - stamp on your photographs

balance
I love this! I have yet to do this challenge myself. Need to find some time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meridith*AnneView Post
I love this! I have yet to do this challenge myself. Need to find some time.

thank you Meridith!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Woo Hoo! I finally had some time to scrap! Here is my page for Meridith's challenge to sand the edges of the photo. Thanks for a great challenge!
SBDD05_Meridith by mhowe at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

I forgot to post a link to the page I did yesterday, now I have one for today too! Thanks for the inspiration ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by write2itView Post
I forgot to post a link to the page I did yesterday, now I have one for today too! Thanks for the inspiration ladies!
great pages Joyce!! thanks for playing along. love the big snowflake it adds a great touch.
Reply With Quote Likes