View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
elliesmom
Dirty Dozen Alumni

From Diva Jen Allen:

Hello All! I'm very excited to be participating in this scrapping challenge!! I've been away from scrapping for a couple of years-but now my baby is almost 3 and I really want to get back into the "fun" of scrapbooking!! I really want to have fun and not feel overwhelmed when I sit down to create. So, I'm hoping I can keep going on these challenges! I've been a stamper for about 7 years now...and I have purchased more "stuff" that I think I can ever use! (are there any of you like me....that hoard crafting things..."what if I can't find it anymore"...please say I'm not alone!) And although I have more "stuff" than I can ever use, I really like to make layouts that are about the photo(s) involved and not about what is on the page. I like to add "stuff" on cards more than when I scrapbook, I really am just about telling the story being captured in the photo. Which is why I LOVE stamping in my scrapbooks!! Ink doesn't add bulk (embossing powder might..but not enough to worry about), and I have a world at my fingertips! I love being able to use stamps as inspiration for a page or layout! I love making my embellishments--that coordinate perfectly with other images or are at times the same images I've used as background paper or something like that.

This layout is of my son with Santa last Christmas. He was so excited to see him, and I think this Santa was one of the most beautiful I've been to visit!! Anyway, I wanted to capture the fact that Myles is growing up and getting bigger-I had him write on the layout...he was SO excited to "be part" of my work! I'm hoping that we can keep getting similar photos and have him help me with the layout again...to watch how his penmanship improves and such....but I love the photo and was so excited to get it ready to show Myles...he loved it!!

So, with all the fun products we have available...I challenge you to stick with your paper, ink, stamps, and minimal embellishments....see how "simple" and fun it can be!!

thanks!
Jen

www.allenjeni.blogspot.com