View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
elliesmom
Dirty Dozen Alumni

From Diva Tricia Ulberg:

I have become a hybrid scrapbooker…meaning that I like to combine digital scrapbooking, traditional “paper” scrapbooking, and stamping. My Paris page is a good example of a hybrid page. This page is dedicated to my college Europe-trip…we spend a day in Paris and these are photos of my study-abroad group!

First, I arranged a collage in Photoshop and added some Digital Elements (borders, the type overlay, etc.) I knew I wanted to call out that picture of me on the boat, so I made a second photo with me cropped in (the one where I’m blowing everyone a French kiss…. After I had my photos printed, I STAMPED on them! Yes, this is my favorite way to use stamps on scrapbooking pages. Water-based stamp ink adheres very well photo paper…and stamping on top of your photos works great! I dare say it works better than trying rub-ons or other embellishments…plus you can choose your ink color! If you look at my photo collage, the things I stamped are the swirly border around some of the photos, the little swirl embellishment, and I stamped the frame right on top of that second, cropped photo of me. Turned out cute!

Next, I took some patterned paper and the Fleur di Lis stamp and enhanced the patterned paper by stamping on top of it. This is another thing I like doing with stamps on my pages…changing my patterned paper to more closely fit the theme of my page by stamping a pattern on top of the existing pattern. This works great for more subtle-themed patterned papers. I layered my patterned paper with some cream paper, and then I stamped the page with the Paris title, added some more stamped corners and other stamped elements, added a little bling with the jewel brads (because after all, this is a Paris page so it calls for a little bling.)

Page Supplies:

Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs “Ooh La La” and "Chloe Alphabet" stamp sets
Patterned paper: Fancy Pants Designs “Dreamer”
Ink: SU Basic Black, Lavender, and Real Rose
Jewel Brads: SEI
Cream Cardstock
White Gel Pen
Brown Grosgrain Ribbon
Digital Elements: The Shabby Shoppe

Tricia's challenge: try and stamp directly on to your photographs!
Water-based inks work great on photo paper.