View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Meridith*Anne
Kookie Creator

Default SBDD05_Meridith

Hi there! We are so excited to join in today! When Jennie emailed me and asked if we were interested in doing this, I was ecstatic! When it comes to papercrafting, my first love is scrapbooking and I have been doing it with stamping for years and years. I love using stamps on my scrapbook pages. There is so much you can do and so much versatility. I especially love it because believe it or not, it actually saves me money. ☺ Iím one of those people that hoardes patterned paper. I buy it, and then I canít bring myself to cut it up. I knowÖIím crazy. Then the paper sits and sits and then either goes out of style or I donít fancy it anymore.

I love to create my own patterned paperÖfrom the extremely simple to the more complex, with textures and distressing. I love to use that patterned paper in my layouts. Whatís great is that by using stamps, I can reuse them over and over again, slightly alter a pattern or style Iíve made beforeÖand then Iím not wasting money. Plus, itís just so much fun to play with and experiment with stamps!

For the page Iím showing you today, I wanted to show something bright and cheeryÖand warm! Itís freezing here and Iím already tired of the cold. Iím ready for summer again. ☺ I often like to do 8x8 pages. Itís a little less intimidating for me to do, and often quicker too. I started trying a new technique (to me anyway) a year or so agoÖsanding the edges of the photos. I always felt I needed to mount my photos on every page I ever did. My photos felt naked without it. My friend Joey showed me that by sanding the edges of my photos, it kind of gives it a borderÖand no need for mounting. I fell in love with this technique, not only because I liked the look of it, but also because I saved myself some cardstock. ☺

So my little challenge for you this week is to try sanding the edges of your photos if you havenít ever tried it. It adds a bit of fun texture to your page. Or, if you like, try doing the same layout. Have fun, and be sure when you upload your pics to label them as SBDD05_Meridith.

Thanks so much for joining us, we are thrilled to be here!
Attached Thumbnails
summerfun_mer.jpg  

My Blog | www.lizzieannedesigns.com

Last edited by Meridith*Anne; 12-14-2007 at 12:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!