View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #104
Samantha
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you so much everyone. You make me want to cry. We don't know each other (in person) but we care. I feel so humbled by the love and support.

Believe it or not I actually have GOOD NEWS today. The radiology oncologist said I probably do not need radiation after the chemo ends. Whew!!! She said that even thought the tumor was large, the margins were clear. Plus she said it would cause a lot of problems with healing and infections from my lupus. There was another DR there that also agreed that he would not recommend it either.

So I am now just facing 4-6 months of chemo but no radiation after it. I should have my hair growing back sometime in the summer then.

I had the chest muscles stretched again today and my pain level is pretty high right now. But I am so relieved that there will be no radiation. I just hope they made the right decision. She said that having radiation would only change my survival rate by about 2% and the potential side affects out weighed benefits.

Thanks again for the kind words of encouragement.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!