View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:15 AM   #561
Chiefs crafty chik
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile Tins - to fill or not to fill ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ4417 View Post
I'm so glad you did so well. I too, am taking my teenage daughter (15) with me next Saturday when I do mine. Quick question, on your tins, how did you make a profit with only selling them for $6. The Joann tins. The ones I bought cost me $4+. I am planning on selling my tins empty. Should I fill them. I'm afraid because that's more money I have to spend and what if they don't sell. What's your opinion, having been there!
That comment in the subject line just randomly jumped into my head! LOL! Anyway, I was lucky and got my tins for a dollar over the summer. The stuff I put inside I bought at the dollar store or Target Dollar Spot or I made it (notepads and covered candy) so I didn't make as much as I wanted to but I looked at it as I covered my costs and a little extra on some and a little more on others AND I didn't have to take them back home and find another home for them! I did have a couple of empty tins out there and people just bypassed those, commented and looked but no interest. If you're costs are already high then look around to see what you already have to create that won't bring your price up too much. Cover inexpensive notebooks with matchin paper, miniature candy bars etc.... I did that in my teacher tin and they loved that extra touch! My PMS survival kit I just filled with chocolate candy that was leftover from other projects I was selling so there was a cost but it could have just gotten eaten too here at my house! LOL! I wish I had pictures to show - I am so sorry! Good luck with whatever you decide!