View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #6
AmyR
Forum Fanatic

Default SBDD01AMY

Hi everyone!! If anyone out there is at all like me you’re prolly a card-maker first and a scrapbooker second (or not a scrapper at all but WANT to be one!). I started stamping cards before I started scrapping so it feels only natural to me to incorporate stamps within my layouts – but for some people that isn’t so easy!

One thing I LOVE about using stamps on my scrapbook pages is that it makes it so much easier to co-ordinate everything – I just need some card stock/patterned paper and inks in the right colors. But even if you don’t have a bunch of inks – all you need is some VersaMark ink and clear embossing powder (the EP is not a total necessity – I just like the extra little “wow” factor it provides!).

You can see my layout here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=26047

On my layout I used several stamps from Papertrey – some butterflies from their Butterfly Kisses stamp set, and the leaf stamp from the Beautiful Blooms set. I used 3 different butterflies – the outline, the solid and the dotted. Each one was inked up with VersaMark ink then stamped onto patterned paper and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I cut out each butterfly with scissors then adhered them to my page with Mono Multi adhesive. They ended up as great matching “embellishments” and the best part is that the possibilities with the stamps are endless – as long as I have my stamps, VersaMark and Clear Embossing Powder I can create as many embellies as I want using any co-ordinating cardstock and patterned paper!

***So this is where my challenge comes in – I invite YOU to create a page (any size layout) using stamps (line image AND solid image stamps work for this – so there are TONS of options out there), VersaMark ink and clear EP (optional) along with cardstock and/or patterned paper to make embellishments that match your layout.

When uploading your pages please use the keyword SBDD01AMY – I will need that as I will be choosing a winner at the end of next week and will be sending them a card I made that matches my layout that you can see here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=26047 .***
Design Team Member for My Favorite Things

Last edited by AmyR; 11-16-2007 at 08:16 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!