View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #73
Stampinpetra
Kookie Creator

I went through some of what you are three years ago. I had neg. Mams in Jan then found the lump in June. I didn't go to the doc until August. Had MRI's and the tumor was large. Had chemo to reduce the size. No lymph node involvement. Was told it was a stage 3 due to size but she said since no lymph node involvement made it a stage 2 A. I cut my hair short then when it started falling our had it shaved and had no problems with the stubs. Had a wig for church but I always wore hats, and scarves. I also learned how to make a turban type hat out of the lower part of a man's t-shirt. so I went to the goodwill and bought t-shirts in different colors to wear. It was great since it was during the winter. After all my treatment surgery and radiation my hair started growing back. It came in thick and curly(normally thin and straight. And no gray! It lasted for about 6 months then went back to the norm!. I have now been 3 years and don't know where the time went. You will think back to it all and wonder how you did it. My prayers are with you for a quick recovery.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!