11-13-2007, 10:16 PM
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North T E X A S
If you haven't uploaded to the Splitcoast Gallery before, it's really not too difficult.
NEW PLAYERS: if you're unable to place a link for your page to the challenge - go to the gallery or forums and comment until you have 15 posts. This is done to reduce spam.
Follow these instructions!
If it's easier for you - open two windows one to the challenge and one to your page.
To open a second window, hold down on your shift key as you click on the link. This also works if you right click on the link (such as gallery) and click on Open in New Window.
1. Bring your scrapbook page (SBP) to full view
2. Click on the http: address at the top of your screen and it will will be highlighted, right click and then click on cut
3. Go to the challenge thread, click on reply and type out what you'd like to say
4. Right click and click on paste and the link address will appear
5. Click on Preview Post, test your links to make sure the right pages are linked
6. Click on Submit Reply and you're done
-You can only cut and paste one SBP at a time.
-You can link as many SBP's for the challenge in one reply as you need.
LINKING WITHIN WORDS - (example – Here’s my page)
You must be in your User Control Panel where you view Private Messages.
1. Click on Edit Options to the left of the message box.
2. Down at the very bottom you will see Miscellaneous Options, in the white bar with the down arrow set to Standard Editor – extra formatting controls.
3. Click on Save Changes.
Now go back to your posting a message/reply page
After typing in what you want to say in your post follow these steps:
1. Write in your post Here's my layout, page (or whatever you wish).
2. Highlight the words with your mouse.
3. Click on the dark blue icon (see this icon above) in the grey section above the box you type your message in. If you hold your mouse on (at the top of the page not on the example icon provided here) it it'll say 'Insert Link'. A box will pop up on your screen.
4. Right click and paste the address from the scrapbook page where you see the blue highlighted http. If the http:// isn't highlighted make sure you highlite it first then drop your address over it. Double check to make sure you don't have two http:// or the link will not take.
5. Click okay and you’re done linking.
6. Click on Preview Message and test your links by clicking on them.
7. Click on Submit Reply and you’re done.
ADDITIONAL GALLERY TIPS
Follow these links for help. If your page gets kicked out of the gallery Jenn can help solve the problem.
EDITING: This can be done to fix keywords, add or change information on your page or replace a not so good photo with a better one.
TO MAKE A TYPED EDIT for your scrapbook page's description you will:
- Take a picture or scan your completed scrapbook page
- Transfer the image to your computer and crop or resize if desired. (The gallery will automatically reduce the resolution of your image) Once you have the .jpg file, then you are ready to upload.
- Log in to SCS if you aren't already. Go to the gallery, select "Upload a Card" under "Around the Site."
- Under "Member Galleries" use the drop down list and scroll WAY down to "Scrapbooking" and pick the appropriate size (12x12...etc).
- The next box down is where you select the jpg image from your computer that you want to upload. Click on the Browse button to the right of white box, find the file you just created, and select it. The name of your file should new be in the white box.
- Name the entry for your upload where it says "Enter a default title for your photo..."
- Type a brief description...you will still be able to edit after you click upload/submit. Example:
"This is my page for the SBVC36 challenge. I stamped my own dotted paper and used LOTS of rhinestones and gems all over!
Journaling says - Amy's 3rd Birthday party, the kids had a great time popping balloons and playing games."
- Under Extra Options at the bottom, change the 'no' to a 'yes' if you want to be notified when someone leaves you a comment.
- Click on Upload/Submit.
- The file is uploaded and you will see a preview of it on the left. Fill out the information for your page.
- Use the appropriate keyword if this is for a challenge, use a comma to add more than one.
- Reread and edit your description. Include stamps/paper/ink/tools/techniques used. This will allow others to find your page when doing a search that includes some of those items.
- Click process and you're done! Uploads require approval, but this is usually within the hour. Please don't upload on Sunday - that's the mod's day off!
*Bring your scrapbook page to full view and click on the edit photo button located in the lower right corner of the description box.
*Click in the box/line you wish to change and make the edit.
*Scroll down to the bottom and click on submit.
CHANGE A PHOTO: Bring your image to full view and click on the edit photo button located in the lower right corner of the description box. There is no need to delete anything.
Click on the browse button and retrieve the new photo just like you normally do when uploading to your gallery.
Scroll down, click submit and you’re done.
When you edit this way, you WILL NOT loose comments on your submission (pages or cards).
If you are not a fan club member your image will go through upload approval but will not go through daily uploads again.
If you are a paid member it will take time for the changes to appear, the system has a schedule of updates so I can't tell you how long it will take.
Suggestion: after you upload for a challenge, click on the keywords (example – SBSC100) and see if it comes up in the correct gallery. If you see pages that don’t match the challenge request…then check those keywords and see if you need to edit.
GALLERY - FASTER VIEWING
If you hold down the keyboard shift key while you click on the photo thumbnail, it will come up in a separate page or you right click then click on OPEN IN NEW WINDOW in the pop up box.
You can make a comment if you like and let it take it's time submitting. Click on the first page again and continue viewing while that comment submits. HAPPY VIEWING!
To bring up all the scrapbook pages for a challenge just type the keywords into the gallery search box. IE: SBSC100
Last edited by Salster; 01-18-2010 at 12:53 PM..