View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #506
sunnymum
Insane Embellisher

Lots of great ideas in this thread. Just want to give my 2-cents worth on my limited exposure to selling at craft fairs...

Try to put your own spin on ideas---There were less than 15 vendors at a small show I was at this weekend and 2 of them were selling "reindeer poop" and the whisk-ing you a merry Christmas. I had thought about making both, but fortunately I didn't do either since I couldn't figure out how to make them "my own." Maybe use a different candy or add another quippy quote to the label?

Here's an idea though that worked well for me: I wrapped miniature granola bars (found with the marked down halloween candy) with a simple piece of cardstock and decorated with an address label that I had printed out with my little poem below and an image of a reindeer. I used colored pencils on a few little details, and voila! They sold well at 50 cents each. Probably a bigger granola bar with a bigger label would do better since the print was a bit tiny. I think people were happy to have something non-chocolate for a change!

Here's a special little nibble
for when reindeer
visit you;

Just be sure to hide
your Christmas cookies or
they will eat them too!

If you're interested, I can send you the pdf file that I designed to fit 1x2 5/8 inch labels; just PM me. If you do use the idea, it would really, really make my day to let me know what yours look like! Thanks for listening & good luck with your shows!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!