View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #40
goodlicorice
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTW Junkie View Post
Yeah, the physicalness gets to me after a while. I'm like, don't touch me! Just get off me! Luckily my husband likes to rough house with them, though.

They can really hurt you sometimes.... I have to brace my whole body when my DD comes running to give me a hug, or I'll land on my backside. and she has almost choked me more than once, actually bruising my windpipe one time. It hurt to swallow for a day or two afterwards.

I try to remember that they don't mean it, and just be grateful that they are at least affectionate. It would be so hard to have a kid who never returned any of your affection.
Exactly, Elisabeth! I have to remember this. I'm just not normally a touchy feely person so it drives me nuts to have him hanging on me all day. I try to make sure to give him big strong hugs, compressing his shoulder joints.

We also play the "burrito game" where we wrap him up in a blanket on the floor. We name all the ingredients we're putting on the burrito when we press and squish him, "Here's the cheese...(squish) and the beans (squish, squish)....He loves it. I think that may come from the Out of Sync Child Has Fun book.

Does anyone use the brushing technique? DS's OT gave us a few brushes a few years back but we're not consistent with it. When DS comes across one of the brushes occasionally he'll ask to be brushed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!