View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #38
GWTW Junkie
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

momof2stampers, I would find a chiropractor who is up to date. They are very different nowadays. There are all kinds of new techniques and none of them are bone-crunching like they used to do. My favorite one used to just press with one finger for a few seconds and then let go and you would not believe it, but it worked every bit as well as the bone-crunching kind!
The gal I use now is AMAZING... she knows all about SPD because her oldest son has it. She is also one of the only pediatric-certified chiropractors in the US. It is so awesome that God led us to her! Her theory is, there's nothing wrong with the body that can't be at least helped by removing the subluxations and allowing the energy to flow freely through the body. When a bone is "out" there is a big knot of electricity piling up there. She's especially doing cranial work with my DD now. When the plates of the skull and the neck vertebrae are in alignment, the cerebral fuild, which feeds the brain oxygen and nutrients, can flow freely around the brain. It makes sense that more oxygen and nutrients to the brain would help SPD.
She's also taken a very active interest in her diet, her activities... kind of taken on more of a therapist role, like suggesting hand-pressing instead of arm flapping and recommending Kindermusik and ballet. She's doing a case study on her, so this has all been free, which blows me away! It's been very cool to have someone who knows both personally AND professionally all about SPD. Oh and she stamps, too! A match made in heaven LOL
So that's where we're at right now. My DD is too old for the Birth to Three county program, and we're trying to avoid putting her in with all the severely disabled kids in the public school program. So we're on our own...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!