View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #28
momof2stampers
down and digi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTW Junkie View Post
What about food allergies? Have you all found that your SPD kid has a lot of food allergies? My DD is allergic to corn, milk, all nuts, and she can't tolerate whole wheat at all. I suspect she is also allergic to citrus fruits and tomatoes. Oh and cats, just like me. My DS is allergic to milk and shellfish. Probably some other things as well, but definitely not peanuts--the boy lives on PBJ sandwiches! made the decision whether or not to take school lunch VERY easy for us.

We're also avoiding food coloring because I've heard a lot of moms say that is a trigger for poor behavior. Anyone have any experience?

I think I have SPD as well, and I have LOTS of food allergies (shellfish, corn, apples, plums, peaches, pears, almonds (apple family, and not nut), most raw veggies, raw egg, beef and chicken fat). My DS is severely allergic to shellfish, and my DD is lactose intolerant. She does not have SPD, as a diagnosis, but 80% of us are on the spectrum, and since it's heriditary, I think of her sometimes. I also think my Dad has SPD, and he has SO MANY food issues - he's even had 2/3 of his bowel removed because of food issues.

So, I don't know if there is a connection, but given my family history, I wouldn't be shocked by it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!