View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #22
momof2stampers
down and digi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapaz111 View Post
Yes, that is what DS has, chronic hives. No allergies at all. And those allergy tests were not fun. But the doctor said there was no way to know for sure without the tests. The good part of the whole visit was that they said to bring him into their office if he gets hives again because they will try to treat them without using a steroid.
I'm glad to hear he doesn't have any allergies! My DS was never given a steroid to treat his hives. They recognized that the hives were not going away, but we flipped between a bunch of different antihistamines, and eventually found one that worked fairly well - in an adult dosage.

The hives bothered us more than him because he was fairly unaware of them because of his undersensitivity from SPD.

I know they are annoying, and every time they happen, you will worry that maybe this time it is an allergy, but you will get used to them and start to be able to predict them. We are there now and we know if he randomly starts itching for no reason, he is cold and we tell him to get a sweater, and we know he will get full-body hives when he swims.

Good luck! I hope he moves them quickly! 95% of people are completely done with them by 6 months!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!