View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #13
GWTW Junkie
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

That sounds like good advice. Maybe next week I'll quit wrestling with her to participate and let her go wherever she wants (aside from interferring with the other kids and the teacher or messing with the equipment). Do my own experiment. It's so hard to know what is normal 4-yr-old rebellion and what is SPD. KWIM?

I'll have to run it by the teacher and maybe even tell the other parents what I am doing.... I have seen some of them looking at us like we're nuts when I am adapting some of the excercises, and it is SO hard not to care what they think. I know they must think my DD is so naughty that she won't sit still even for 30 seconds and prefers to roll around on the floor.

I did tell one of the other moms last week, trying to explain why we'd had such a bad session, but I didn't even get past the first sentence, "My daughter has sensory processing disorder..." and I could see her shut down. She didn't say a thing so I just left. It was hard.

This Kindermusik class, our first, has really been an eye-opener for me. It really brought home to me for the first time that DD is NOT ok and this is NOT getting better by itself. I'm sad. I'm in over my head.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!