View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #321
stamperjules
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via AIM to stamperjules

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscrown View Post
I've loved the movies with Megan Follows and finally got around to the book. I can't believe how well the movie was done and how well the characters match the book.

Lynne
I LOVED that whole series, and I thought the AoGG movie with Megan Follows was incredibly well done. I didn't see the Anne of Avonlea movie, but from what I understand about the 3rd one they made 4-5 years ago, it was nothing like any of the plots of the remaining 6 books, so I refused to watch it *L* Kind of stubborn that way, I guess.

I'm currently reading Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix. I am rereading the whole series now that I have read (and digested) Deathly Hallows. It's so much fun to go back and read all of them now that I know all that there is to know! I just finished Goblet of Fire yesterday and there was so much in that book that I had forgotten about; it was great fun rediscovering it.

Before I started HP, I read two Susan Vreeland books, The Girl in Hyacinth Blue and The Passion of Artemesia. Both are wonderful, although I really liked the latter one the best of the two. She writes about paintings or the artists, weaving stories together from fact or just what might have been. Highly recommend either of those two
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!