View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 AM   #308
Insane Embellisher

Originally Posted by debcst View Post
Any Jodi Picoult fans here? My friend has been raving about her books and I finally picked up Vanishing Acts. I loved it! Just found a couple more of hers at the library.
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Jodi Picoult's books. The stories are good and I like the fact that they are written in such a way that makes it easy for you to put yourself in the character's shoes, etc. But, on the other hand, they are so "real" that I really have a difficult time not getting too attached and letting the story pull at my heartstrings. Does that make any sense? I like to read them but always have to follow them with a lighthearted, easy read.

Right now I'm working on Dean Koontz' Odd Thomas series (Odd Thomas, Forever Odd and Brother Odd). I received them as a birthday gift and I didn't expect to like them, but I'm really starting to get attached. Odd Thomas is just such an endearing character I can't help but wonder what's going to happen next. It is a bit of a departure from my usual reads, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far.
Baby Avery Grace born December 14!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!