View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 AM   #308
Stef
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcst View Post
Any Jodi Picoult fans here? My friend has been raving about her books and I finally picked up Vanishing Acts. I loved it! Just found a couple more of hers at the library.
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Jodi Picoult's books. The stories are good and I like the fact that they are written in such a way that makes it easy for you to put yourself in the character's shoes, etc. But, on the other hand, they are so "real" that I really have a difficult time not getting too attached and letting the story pull at my heartstrings. Does that make any sense? I like to read them but always have to follow them with a lighthearted, easy read.

Right now I'm working on Dean Koontz' Odd Thomas series (Odd Thomas, Forever Odd and Brother Odd). I received them as a birthday gift and I didn't expect to like them, but I'm really starting to get attached. Odd Thomas is just such an endearing character I can't help but wonder what's going to happen next. It is a bit of a departure from my usual reads, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far.