View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Shadow Mill
Kookie Creator

Default Tag Punch Starburst Instructions

SU Tag Punches Starburst
Donna Moore (Shadow Mill)

I've had a lot of requests for the instructions for the starburst embellisment made with SU tag punches. Beate at SCS suggested I post it here until I can finish my tutorial for the resource section. Feel free to ask any questions you'd like. I could only upload 3 photos, so I tried to pick the most important ones. Enjoy! Please let me know how it goes.

My card was posted at:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=126298

starburst-step-3.jpg

starburst-step-4.jpg

starburst-step-5.jpg

SUPPLIES:
Large SU. tag punch
Small SU. tag punch
Circle punch for center
Paper snips
2-way glue pen
Dimensionals

Cardstock for frame and DSP, Vellum or other paper for inner parts of the starburst.

Embellishments for center of starburst.

Step by Step

Step 1: For a two-tiered star, punch out 16 small tags leaving about 1/4 between each one.

Step 2: Using the large tag punch, go back over the holes made by the small punch. Line up the punch so that you can see an evenly spaced frame around each hole. Punch out 16 frames.

Step 3: Each layer consists of 4 frames. Apply two-way glue evenly over the back of a few frames at a time. Put the sheet of lighter weight paper face-side up and carefully apply your frames in a cross-shaped pattern. Line up the inner diagonal sides of the frame.

Step 4: Follow the same process for attaching the next layer of 4 frames to the base layer. The second layer is attached to fill in the empty areas of the first cross-shaped layer.

Step 5: The points of the star will be visible when the second layer is attached. Use paper snips to trim away the excess.

Step 6: Repeat entire process to make another star, to mount on top of the first one. Use Dimensionals to separate the two stars.

Step 7: Embellish center of star and finish card.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!