Thread: Cricut Chatter
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #2194
jostvig
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsfldmom View Post
Thanks, now, I need you to explain. I don't have the Xryon, I don't understand the 510, and what is the pointer? I've never heard of Sakura Glue, can I get it at ACM? Sorry, for all the questions.
Sakura Gel pen:You should be able to get it at any craft store, I know michaels carries it.

Pointer: a metal pointer like you pierce paper with or the hook one in the tool kit.

510 is a Zyron that is wider about 6" and puts glue on paper the size of a card, the other Zyron "X" only does upto 2" wide. You put something through it and it puts glue simalar to a tape runner over the whole surface then you rub and peel the clear off and it removes all the glue that is not under the cut out, leaving the cut out like a sticker on the paper. the problem is it leaves a little edge of sticky that you can see when you stick it on the other cards tock, so if you run the pointer around the edge the glue balls up on it and then it wont show when you peel ot and stick it on a card or scrap book page. They are really handy especially if you are putting layers together like Mickey & minnie or other shapes. The X runs about 7$ and the larger one runs about 25$, unless you get the one that allows you to use different cartridges for laminatimg or making magnets,HTH. I have both off these and I use them both the "X" the most, for cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!