View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
Julia S
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to Julia S
Default WT12 - Please join our Ways to Use It Challenge!

I am finally back with a new Ways to Use It Challenge. Thanks so much, Beth, for posting last weeks. Thanks also to everyone who participated. I am looking forward to getting some time and looking at your cards and ideas from last week.

This week's challenge is Background Stamps. I actually used to hate these stamps as at first I found it difficult to get a good impression with them. If you do a search in the forums you will find some really great threads with tips on using these stamps.

Background stamps are great for adding texture and interest to your cards. I also like to use them for tinting or shading the cardstock to a slightly different hue or tint by using a darker ink, a white craft ink or a different color altogether. Background stamps are also great with versamark, embossing, pastels, markers, "kissing" and just about anything else you can think of. Can't wait to see what you can come up with!

Please remember to put WT12 in the keyword section and post a link back here so we can all see your beautiful work.

Have a great week,
Julia

PS For those of you who are interested in my new little Joshua, we are both doing well. He is a very calm baby and slept 6 hours straight the past two nights in a row. He has dark brown hair and dark blue eyes and weighed 8 lbs. 9 ozs at birth. Most of you have probably already seen these pics but I just couldn't resist sharing our little miracle with those of you who hadn't.
Attached Thumbnails
brand-new-small.jpg   mom-baby-small.jpg   ben-joshua-small.jpg  

I design for ... Ellen Hutson LLC, Lily Bee Design, Maya Road and Glue Dots

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!