Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default **LIMITED SUPPLY CHALLENGE 14** Please play!!

It's Friday and time for another LIMITED SUPPLY CHALLENGE!! Remember what it was like before you had a whole room full of stamping supplies? Let's see what everyone can come up with from this list. Remember that you can use any combination of things on this list, but you cannot use anything not listed below. When you upload your card to the gallery please put LSC14 in the keyword section and post a link to this thread so we can all go look. Everyone is welcome to play - even if you've never done a challenge before...please join us!!! This week's challenge is a little different. We're focusing on a limited supply of cardstock. See below:

Supplies:

Stamps:
Choose any 1 or 2 SU sets

Cardstock: Here's the deal: You are down to only 1 piece of US White Cardstock. You can cut this piece anyway you like and make as many cards from it as you like. Other than that 1 piece of white you are LIMITED to ONLY using any cardstock and/or designer paper SCRAPS you have that are half sheet or smaller! The scraps may not be cut by scissors or any type of paper cutter (tearing or folding is ok). I hope you've been saving!

Ink: Your choice.

Accessories: Mono, Double stick tape, hemp, ribbon, buttons, wire, EP, heat gun, handheld punches, PLUS Any regular household item such as bleach, staples, waxpaper, etc.

If you can't upload to the gallery you can still play at home. You don't need everything on the list to play. Just use what you have. Have fun!

This challenge was inpired by spending the entire last weekend organizing my stamp room. Who knew I had so many scraps stashed around???

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #2  
Failed Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
any cardstock and/or designer paper SCRAPS you have that are half sheet or smaller!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Kardulove, my Canadian cousin who visited recently, is a compulsive organiser and she made me, yes MADE me, throw out all my tiny scraps of cardstock!!! "You'll never use them," she claimed! Does anyone know how I go about suing her?

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 03:49 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh this is going to be fun! My kids were making fun of me just yesterday about saving a piece of paper that was only 1" x 2"! "Mom, what do you need it for? It's trash!" HA! I'm going to go dig that piece of "trash" out. I have lots of half sheets of colored cardstock, so who knows how many cards I can make. I'm behind on my thank you cards for my business so I may be catching up today.

Docorate of De-Edumacation, Lawd, How Cum granted by Rainsong

"What's life if not doing things for other people?" Martin Gray

Eesay ymay allerygay !

ymay amperedpay efchay usinessbay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 04:44 AM   #4  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Question?

Do we have to use the 1 sheet of white for the actual full card (2) or can we do just a cardfront? (4 )?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 05:10 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Another question, what if the scraps are all cut do I need to tear them to use or can I use the small squares, rectangles and whatever as is?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 06:55 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
Question?

Do we have to use the 1 sheet of white for the actual full card (2) or can we do just a cardfront? (4 )?
You can use the one sheet of white any way you want to. You can cut it in quarters, eighths -- whatever your heart desires to get as many cards as you want out of that one sheet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpierstamper
Another question, what if the scraps are all cut do I need to tear them to use or can I use the small squares, rectangles and whatever as is?
You can use scraps as are, you just can't cut them smaller. So if you have small squares or rectangles that are the right size they are fair game.

Jami, this should be fun. I have a huge box of assorted scraps that need using up, so will definitely be playing along over the weekend!

Heather

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 08:10 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Rubber Room Resident

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Jami,
I think I would like to join you, this will be my first LSC. Can I use embossing powders? I have an idea swirling in my mind
Joanne

Joanne

www.sleepyinseattle.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyinseattle
Hi Jami,
I think I would like to join you, this will be my first LSC. Can I use embossing powders? I have an idea swirling in my mind
Joanne
Yep - you're in luck EP is on the list this week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by WordTrix
You can use the one sheet of white any way you want to. You can cut it in quarters, eighths -- whatever your heart desires to get as many cards as you want out of that one sheet.

You can use scraps as are, you just can't cut them smaller. So if you have small squares or rectangles that are the right size they are fair game.

Jami, this should be fun. I have a huge box of assorted scraps that need using up, so will definitely be playing along over the weekend!

Heather
Thanks Heather! You got all that exactly right (while I was sleeping ;) )!

Granny - very crafty of you to think of cardfronts! Very crafty inded!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

OK, I think you'd consider this shabby chic, but don't really know. It's still pending at 1:15 pm EST

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemeynell
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Kardulove, my Canadian cousin who visited recently, is a compulsive organiser and she made me, yes MADE me, throw out all my tiny scraps of cardstock!!! "You'll never use them," she claimed! Does anyone know how I go about suing her?

Helen
Helen - I think she may have violoated some international law!!!!!! Organization is one thing, but getting rid of precious CS scraps is a crime!!! Wish I could share some of mine with you - I have plenty!

Here's an idea - go make some cards for the other challenges - then use the scraps for this one!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #12  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Here's an idea - go make some cards for the other challenges - then use the scraps for this one!
Ooh, that's cunning. You're good!!!! Will get back to you on this one.

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Helen - I think she may have violoated some international law!!!!!! Organization is one thing, but getting rid of precious CS scraps is a crime!!! Wish I could share some of mine with you - I have plenty!
Last year we were at a friend's card making night and our demo was trying to sort through some of the CS she had brought with her. You should have heard the shrieks when, frustrated, she said she was just going to throw out all the smaller pieces! She now knows better, and will hand them off to us to divy up between ourselves. Hehe.... (Demos: they can be trained!)

Quote:

Clever, very clever! (And it might get people involved in other challenges, Mwahahahaha!)

Back to work. Shouldn't it be time to go home already so I can play?

Heather

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sweet challenge... I have tons of scraps!

I have never used and don't own US White, only Naturals white. I hope this is alright since it's the same concept.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

I thought this would be a good challenge to let the kids help me with. They picked out the stamps and the colors. I let them use aluminun foil to decorate the background and the animals with(since there was no mention of markers). The kids were really happy with the card, and so am I!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Helen

Nope - but If ever I am up your way - I will help you hold her down so you can choke her a bit!!!

Throw out Scraps????? Does she not know these are not scraps but TREASURED Bits of creativity????

And let me tell you - when my kids want to creat - they ahve SAVED my butt and my good cardstock too!

Smiles

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 01:28 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, I just posted a debossing card doing just this challenge unknowingly! White card stock card and black scraps! Does this qualify?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

OK, I finished twelve cards. I'm not going to list all the URL's and some are still pending (4:30 CDT). You can see them in my gallery (the last 12 loaded). This was FUN and challenging. I did cheat a little bit as I used some snaps, twine and embroider floss, but, hey, aren't those common everyday things? Link to my gallery is in my sigline.

Eesay ymay allerygay !

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

This challenge was harder than I thought it was going to be.

(Still pending at 8:15 EST)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 06:04 PM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

This was harder than I thought--How do you pick the scrap that works just perfectly?? I fiddled with this card for almost 2 hours. This is what I finally came up with. Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 06:24 PM   #21  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampersay
OK, I finished twelve cards. I'm not going to list all the URL's and some are still pending (4:30 CDT). You can see them in my gallery (the last 12 loaded). This was FUN and challenging. I did cheat a little bit as I used some snaps, twine and embroider floss, but, hey, aren't those common everyday things? Link to my gallery is in my sigline.
Wow - you must have one amazing scrap pile!!!! I think you get the over-acheiver award!!! ;) How did you make so many really nice cards so quickly???? They all turned out great!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

I had all the stuff out and the table overflowing with my scraps and stamps, so what the hey--I did another. This time it came together quite easily.
So here it is--Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #23  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
Question?

The way I see it, if your scraps can be up to half a sheet in size, you can use the half sheets to make the cards with, and save the precious sheet of white for stamping on! Is this okay, Jami?

Having said that, I've done nothing towards this challenge yet - still holding out for some stamping time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:13 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Wow - you must have one amazing scrap pile!!!! I think you get the over-acheiver award!!! ;) How did you make so many really nice cards so quickly???? They all turned out great!
When I saw what the challenge was, I went through my files and pulled out all the scraps that met the challenge specifications and put them into their respective color groups. Then I pulled out all the half sheet pieces to use as my bases. I have a color idea sheet that I got from here that I printed off and would take the bases and find what scraps I had that fit the color grouping ideas. I actually used very little white. I set my dining room table (only 4 more days until I get my hobby room back!) up with an embossing station, hammering station and set up on my kitchen bar my bleaching station. I pulled the two stamp sets and went to town. All the cards are fairly simple in design and I really only used a few different techniques. I needed to make these for all my hostesses for the last few months (I still need to make about 8 more) who held shows for me. Since I knew I needed thank you cards, it made it easy to find sets. I used my favorite one and another favorite that just happened to have a Thank You in it (All Natural and Petal Prints).

Glad you enjoyed them. I had fun making them. Oh and I *still* have scraps (which are now all nice and neatly filed back with their full sheet sisters).

Eesay ymay allerygay !

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 08:09 AM   #25  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

The way I see it, if your scraps can be up to half a sheet in size, you can use the half sheets to make the cards with, and save the precious sheet of white for stamping on! Is this okay, Jami?

Having said that, I've done nothing towards this challenge yet - still holding out for some stamping time!
Yep - if you have half sheet scraps that would work!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 08:09 AM   #26  
Failed Lurker

This was a hard challenge, but I got VERY lucky with these scraps, which just happened to layer quite nicely. I'm stuck after this one, though!! The Cocoa strip was too long, so I folded it round the inside of the card - not ideal, but it fulfilled the challenge. And, of course, I coloured the ordinary, every-day household staples with a Sharpie! ;)

Here it is: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Helen

edited to say - not pending any more

Last edited by Bagpuss; 06-04-2005 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 08:11 AM   #27  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Tampersay - thanks for sharing your method!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is mine, I should call it my "limited time challenge" since I felt like I was rushing to get it done!

Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

Default lsc14

Here is my effort. Can you believe how hard it is to make a card without using even scissors to cut with!! I really wanted to even up my scraps a little:-)

HAPPY STAMPING!

MY SMALL GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 12:55 PM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Here's my first cardfront from my one sheet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 01:40 PM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

Second Card Front, off to maker a third

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Here's #3 , one more to go

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #33  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I am ready to throw my scanner out the window.

Well,okay,maybe I just don't know how to use it.

I really liked the way this turned out. It is Blush Blossom with the edges done in Creamy caramel. The while part is Doulble Crimped.The jewelry is from an earring I just pulled apart because it matched.

I just wish I knew what to do to make the images look right scanned.

If you can't see the real colors the entire effect is wrong.

Going to make another one later.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 04:37 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's my submission for this challenge. I had some Glossy and Positively Pink pieces leftover from a make n' take bookmark for a Craft Fair table. Plus a half-sheet of Sahara Sand.

My Blog - http://inspirationink.typepad.com/inspiration-ink/
My Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Business Website - http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/michelereynolds/
My Pinterest Boards - http://www.pinterest.com/michelerey/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

This was harder than I thought--How do you pick the scrap that works just perfectly??
I think everyone has their own method of doing things. For me, I don't bother to sort scraps out by color, they all get tossed into a large shoebox, and I pick through it from time to time when I just need a small piece of something. I really should dig into it more often! For this particular challenge I first pulled out half sheets I could use for the card bases, then started matching scraps randomly. I know it isn't a method that would work for everyone, but it does for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny H
I am ready to throw my scanner out the window. Well,okay,maybe I just don't know how to use it.
Oh, you're not alone! I threaten harm to mine on a weekly basis. Some days it scans stuff just fine, and then other days it will scan the first couple cards, then go all wonky on me and I have to restart the computer to get it to straighten out again. I also ahve the additional problem of my my monitor being really dark. I've adjusted everything I can think of -- color, brightness, etc. -- and still have trouble seeing darker images. Sometimes when I'm browsing the gallery I have to add something to my favorites and look at it the next day from my work computer. I think it's a matter of the monitor getting old. That combined with a tempermental scanner really tests my patience some nights.

Well, I didn't match the number of cards Michelle did Friday, but I did do at least half as well as she did. Among some of the scraps in my box were pieces that were already stamped that I never used (including an extra flower from a recent swap), so figured they were fair game.

I admit to cheating a tiny bit with the last one, but nothing in the Sensational Scenery set seemed right for the layout, so I reached for Feathered Hope on this one. I would have chosen a more versatile set for the challenge, but really wanted to use one I'd neglected.

Heather

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2005, 06:59 AM   #36  
Stampin' Fool

I did two so far, I have a good number of 1/2 pieces, so I can make more. I didn't even touch my one piece of US White yet. I figured save it!

I didn't really think about the two stamp sets I picked last night, I was thinking more along the lines of I want to emboss, so if I make more I may cheat a little and go with other sets.

K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 PM   #37  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

LSC15 is up

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

put it up early so you East Coasters wouldn't have to wait and so I can sleep in guilt-free. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #38  
Die Cut Diva

I've got so many scraps! I'm actually glad for challenges like this!

I always look at what scrap colors I have before I cut a full sheet.

I've found a good way to organize my scraps too. I went to Robert's Craft here in Utah, and found these folders that look like HUGE envelopes. They have a snap on the flap so they stay closed. They are clear. I seperated all my scraps into color families (they were with the full size sheets seperated by color family) and placed them in these clear snap envies. I made labels of what color family they are, and they sit right next to me, so when I am making a card or scrapbook page, I can easily get to them. Helps on not making new scraps of the same colors!

Okay, now I am going to play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2007, 03:43 PM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

mine:

LSC14 and SC06 by mhdonahue at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes